You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Camo for Prince Fredrick is white?

11 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
1,733 posts

Does anyone know the history about this ship? The camo you get at the end of the campain is white. No red stripe or anything. White on the hull and tarnish on the top. Any history there?

Also on the stern of the ship between the 2 turrets is a black rectangle box. Anyone know why?

[SPFLT]
[SPFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
18 posts
1,940 battles

Yes I believe it is the (pre) WW I color scheme.  The Emden has a similar scheme.   I know the US use all white and it was called the "White Fleet".  I'm not sure but a lot of the low tier perma camos are monochromatic

[-VT3-]
Members
1,811 posts
3,574 battles

Well, she was never completed, so... hard to put a historical perspective on the paint.  lol

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles

For those wondering, this is what the PEF alternate camo looks like from the end of the Mighty Prinz campaign.

3H1EAWR.jpg

[A_51]
Members
725 posts
15,904 battles

Put a red cross on the hull and you can get up real close to an enemy ship before opening fire.

• Funny 1

[SOV]
Members
1,733 posts
2 hours ago, Jagdhai said:

Yes I believe it is the (pre) WW I color scheme.  The Emden has a similar scheme.   I know the US use all white and it was called the "White Fleet".  I'm not sure but a lot of the low tier perma camos are monochromatic

I wonder if white was the cheapest paint at that time?

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,474 battles

Anyone else bummed out by them not including an extra flag for Germ ships in the collection? They give us a nice looking Prussian flag but my veteran flag trumps it because it has bonuses.  

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,561 posts
4,805 battles
6 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Maybe this will provide some info?

http://german-navy.tripod.com/sms_paint-overview.htm

But it doesn't seem white is a historical color scheme.

To me it looks like they were going for the silver grey/grey option, but got the colours the wrong way round...  the hull should be grey and the superstructure should be silver grey/whitish.  but hey :)  Technically it should also have the second funnel painted an overall colour or have stripes of a colour on it to represent its position in the fleet...  but we also have to remember that these ID colours were only painted after the ship had left port to keep fleet compositions away from "prying" eyes :)

[USCC2]
Members
4,542 posts

I just don't like the 'special' camo and much prefer the one it came with. Each to their own I guess. :Smile_honoring: