You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ij70

For the clanless folks.

14 comments in this topic

[CLARE]
Members
205 posts

Noticed yesterday that you can start a clan for 1k doubloons.  The regular price is 2.5k doubloons.

The benefits:  every time you get container, you get 10 units of Oil.  You use oil to build structures in your clan "Naval Base".  Different structures give you different benefits like xp, savings, etc.  Nothing huge, but every little bit helps.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Clans#Starting_a_Clan

P.S.:  First structure is Rostral Column.  It does not require any oil, it is free.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,049 posts

Which is why there are the wolf clans. :Smile_teethhappy:

And there is a sub forum, just to advertise your clan.....

• Cool 1

[TF-62]
Members
7 posts
5,035 battles

You can also join the many other established clans and make some friends to play alongside everytime you log on. They already have the buildings that improve all of your economic gains. Hell I joined my clan at the start of 2018 with a few T6 ships, now I have 8x T10's and buddies to div up with.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,424 posts
4,298 battles

WOLF clans and any of their affiliates is the easiest way to reap all the benefits of the clan without a requirement for social contact.

If you are after the same goal you can advertise your clan through them, making it easier to recruit and earn oil quickly.

Edited by warheart1992

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,302 posts
8,194 battles

There are many clans happy for new members, but as the OP reminds us, starting up your own clan costs very little. it is dirt cheap. Within a few days of oil by a solo player, you can unlock your 1st clan bonuses. This is if you do not want to be too social/avoid clan politics, but wish to enjoy the benefits of clan membership and ownership.

On the other hand, by joining an established clan you can get help and advice, moral and technical support, and it is free. As others mention, there are WOLF clans specifically set up for those that don't want to shell out the 2.5 k doublons to setup a clan, and which offer all the benefits of clan membership, without any obligations.

All these options are perfectly reasonable.

• Cool 2

[EQRN]
Members
725 posts
10,263 battles

I belong to a one person clan as well when they first brought in the bases, there was a sell then as well.  Keep in mind, while there is a sense of satisfaction doing it all your own, when you look at the prices, it is a bit staggering.  The first 2-3 levels is not too bad, but the price goes up very quickly.  And the is no way I am going to get every level of every category.  I've focused on xp, cmdr xp and service reduction.  I don't get ship research reduction as they don't stack with game sales.  And steel bonus, wth, the first level is in the tens of thousands of oil.  

Bottom line, if you want every bonus you can get out of the base, get in a good sized clan with lots of active members.

Alpha Tester
7,112 posts
3,722 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Is the Wolf clans just a collection of people that never organize in any way, just together to get the fleet bonuses?

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
439 posts
4,479 battles
4 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Is the Wolf clans just a collection of people that never organize in any way, just together to get the fleet bonuses?

Pretty much.

[WOLF6]
Members
21 posts
9,252 battles
12 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

Yep, you can read about the wolf clans here... 

• Cool 1

Members
76 posts
5,473 battles
6 hours ago, awiggin said:

Its funny, but WOLF1 is more active in clan battles than I have anticipated with nearly 40 people jumping on for every occasion.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,660 posts
20,379 battles

Not at home to check the base, but since we are at 42 now, I think we can take a few more. 

Clan benefits add up fast, if it's coal, ship maintance or buying cost, XP or free XP. 

Especially for newer or less active players that are short on credits.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
3,899 posts
4,132 battles
1 hour ago, Drifter_X said:

Its funny, but WOLF1 is more active in clan battles than I have anticipated with nearly 40 people jumping on for every occasion.

Because even though the WOLF clans are pretty laissez-faire type of clan, the members are still free to participate in any game mode they wish. If enough people are interested, they can certainly group up and do the competitive clan stuffs, as much as they wish to. WOLF8, the one I'm in, also has some members participating in those modes. Not as much as WOLF1 though; those in WOLF8 doing the competitive stuffs often express that they're short of few people to fully fill the roster. I don't blame them, but... WOLF clans are laissez-faire to the core, so there's that.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
203 posts
5,108 battles
6 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

WOLF8, the one I'm in, also has some members participating in those modes. Not as much as WOLF1 though; those in WOLF8 doing the competitive stuffs often express that they're short of few people to fully fill the roster.

WOLFB is also quite active in clan battles. I wonder if it would possible to arrange a member-swap where those in WOLF8 who are interested in CB would want to switch places with some of the WOLFB/1/2 members who aren't interested in CB.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,322 posts
2,856 battles
1 minute ago, Haifischkoeder said:

WOLFB is also quite active in clan battles. I wonder if it would possible to arrange a member-swap where those in WOLF8 who are interested in CB would want to switch places with some of the WOLFB/1/2 members who aren't interested in CB.

Does WOLF4 do any CB? I'd be interested in doing those in one of the WOLF clans if not.