You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Waxing_Gibbous

The hardest two ship grind?

45 comments in this topic

[PHASE]
Members
4,951 posts
16,644 battles

Is there a more frustrating grind than the Pensacola and then the New Orleans? Granted the tech tree changed awhile ago...but I can't imagine a harder grind than those two.

[OO7]
Members
5,454 posts
12,286 battles
1 minute ago, Abides said:

Is there a more frustrating grind than the Pensacola and then the New Orleans? Granted the tech tree changed awhile ago...but I can't imagine a harder grind than those two.

Ranger Lexington 

• Cool 3

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,426 battles

Phoenix-Omaha?

I know from my original grind when I first started...Omaha was where win rates went to die, and Phoenix was a dev strike going somewhere to happen.

• Cool 2

[KKM]
Members
808 posts
9,421 battles
Just now, Purg473 said:

Phoenix-Omaha?

I know from my original grind when I first started...Omaha was where win rates went to die, and Phoenix was a dev strike going somewhere to happen.

LOL, YEs I remember grinding my backside off to get through these ships.  I wanted the Cleveland so bad I couldn't stand it and it felt like a 30 years struggle!  Most other two shiop grinds are not bad.  I would say grinding to the Hindenberg was a pain but when I did it the ROON at that time had a fierce ability to invisifire and that ship was a lot of fun.  THe Yorck and the Hipper I did not enjoy though.

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Ranger Lexington 

Ranger is bae.

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,426 battles

Then you have the fun of going from New York to New Mexico and finding out you actually LOST main gun range by going up a tier.

• Funny 2

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,601 posts
5,742 battles

For me it was Phoenix + Omaha, T6 Mutsuki + T7 Hatsuharu, Nurnberg + Yorck.

I might not have done too badly in some of them. But I found these couples horrific to use when I was grinding them.

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,426 battles

Wait Wait..I may have the winner...Bogue-Independence, where in Bogue you get to see double cv games with T6s which can strafe (and strafe out) and you can't...and in Independence, you can see double cv games with Saipan/Kaga as well as Atlanta/Belfasts...need I say more?

Holy crap, I almost traumatized myself contemplating that. 

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

Tier X: Stock Shimakaze (w/o 12km torps)

Tier IX: Izumo, Seattle, Lion, Essex

Tier VIII: Admiral Hipper, Lexington

Any BB with a speed under 27kts

[PVE]
Members
9,546 posts
16,962 battles
29 minutes ago, Abides said:

Those aren't that bad.

[90TH]
Members
994 posts
9,380 battles

FDG and ... more FDG.  It’s so bad it counts for two. You just have to fail your way to the GK.

[PHASE]
Members
4,951 posts
16,644 battles
5 minutes ago, n00bot said:

FDG and ... more FDG.  It’s so bad it counts for two. You just have to fail your way to the GK.

l ma o, FDG is the only ship in the game I can honestly say free xp past it......that thing is a floating turd.

[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
32 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

For me it was Phoenix + Omaha, T6 Mutsuki + T7 Hatsuharu, Nurnberg + Yorck.

I might not have done too badly in some of them. But I found these couples horrific to use when I was grinding them.

40 minutes ago, D_I_P_Scout said:

LOL, YEs I remember grinding my backside off to get through these ships.  I wanted the Cleveland so bad I couldn't stand it and it felt like a 30 years struggle!  Most other two shiop grinds are not bad.  I would say grinding to the Hindenberg was a pain but when I did it the ROON at that time had a fierce ability to invisifire and that ship was a lot of fun.  THe Yorck and the Hipper I did not enjoy though.

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed grinding through the Omaha?

I may be a noob, but it's so easy to punish broadside cruisers, bow-camping BBs and smoke-camping DDs with the Omaha.

• Cool 2

[DAS]
Members
653 posts
5,729 battles
1 hour ago, Purg473 said:

Phoenix-Omaha?

I love the Phoenix. I still have it and take it out sometimes. My only Witherer achievement was in that ship.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,601 posts
5,742 battles
22 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed grinding through the Omaha?

Personally I hated the Omaha. So the game decided to give me Marblehead and Murmansk in super containers. 

• Funny 2

Members
271 posts
6,854 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Personally I hated the Omaha. So the game decided to give me Marblehead and Murmansk in super containers. 

I liked the Murmansk but not the Marblehead.

Nurnburg to Yorck. I struggled with the Nurn even in Co-op

[NGA]
Members
1,863 posts
9,719 battles

Stalingrad and Bourgogne? Totally worth it, but we're still talking literal months of effort to just get one.

Members
117 posts
42 battles

I struggled in really hard in Phoenix and Omaha too. It was more that they're hard to play ships many people hit very early in their Warships career. You come from the pseudo-BB St. Louis and come to these ships where WASD hax -- which you don't yet possess -- are the only thing keeping you alive. Today as an experienced player I adore my Marblehead.

Pensacola and New Orleans, in T7-8 back them, also sucked. I rage-sold the Pensacola TWICE before finally making it to Baltimore. I think it was also a skill floor thing -- with those ships you need to position well and really know how to work that AP.

Langley+Bogue were tough. It wasn't that they're weak (I went through them when they still had manual attacks), the 1/1/0 Bogue was excellent in fact. But they were so... very... slow. I died many times because at 15 knots you just couldn't keep up with your team. It was a breath of fresh air when you hit the Independence and literally went twice as fast.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,415 posts
10,191 battles

Colorado to NC. Only sheer determination, or rather stubbornness, got me through that grind. So many people say it's great, but match, after match, after match it just sucked for me. Pretty sure it's been buffed since then but ugh.

Also, Hiryu to Shokaku, due to Saipan and AA buffs was a pain, combined with a frustrating number of tier 9 matches. 

Nagato to Amagi - I'm having no issues with Izumo but I think playing Nelson helped

Cleveland to Seattle - still not done, Cleve needs a slight range buff or something

Every French BB from tier 5 till Richelieu - Glad I missed out on finishing the Normandie camo missions cause I sold that thing, it, Lyon, and the other were painful to play.

Members
178 posts
3,473 battles
2 hours ago, Abides said:

Why dont you like the NO? I find her manageable and slightly more resilient than prior tier 

I just unlocked her total upgrade package and shes fairly manuverable and the guns are fantastic. I started down this line because i ground out the cleve and the seattle seems so depressing 

Edited by Schnauzahpowahz