You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CorradoG60

WG Give Us A Shopping Cart

27 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
611 posts
3,875 battles

I needed 17 guineas to get the Cossack. I figured the ship is worth it for a couple of bucks.

So I go into the premium shop and have to do 4 different transactions to get the needed guineas for the ship.

Four different alerts in my E-mail from the bank and 4 separate charges to my credit card.

WHY??? Why can't you guys just have a shopping cart like every other online business? :etc_swear:

Edited by CorradoG60
  • Cool 15

[A-I-M]
Members
1,467 posts
7,619 battles
3 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I'd rather have Amazon Pay back.

I would rather thread titles that have the correct meaning... “WG Gives Us A Shopping Cart” would be news. Instead, it’s another complaint thread about no shopping cart.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
808 posts
9,369 battles

I actually posted about this in the past because it drives me crazy; however, I had two replies that made a bit of sense:

Hanesco, replied:  Like most or all shopping carts the items selected means the program would have to keep track of your purchase and also just because its on the cart does not mean your going to buy them all at once UNLESS the cart forces you to do so. Another is that WG would have to keep track of each player activity and how much you spent...don't know if they want to do that if you know what I mean... 

DionKraft replied:

Then there is the issue of boats on the cart and those boats are no longer offered for sale.  WG would yank them off the cart I would assume unless some grace period was given but I'm projecting tho... =This is probably the reason why. The offers are not permanent, even buying just an older ship was not permanent (until now, finally we have most of the premium ships in the store at least). And that's a very valid reason to not offer that shooping cart, until they can guarantee they can remove any special offer the user does not buy.

Edited by D_I_P_Scout

[SYN]
Members
7,214 posts
12,301 battles

We had a shopping cart there for a very short time, really don't know why they took it away.

• Cool 1

[TF16]
Modder
1,001 posts
7,714 battles

I

1 hour ago, D_I_P_Scout said:

I actually posted about this in the past because it drives me crazy; however, I had two replies that made a bit of sense:

Hanesco, replied:  Like most or all shopping carts the items selected means the program would have to keep track of your purchase and also just because its on the cart does not mean your going to buy them all at once UNLESS the cart forces you to do so. Another is that WG would have to keep track of each player activity and how much you spent...don't know if they want to do that if you know what I mean... 

DionKraft replied:

Then there is the issue of boats on the cart and those boats are no longer offered for sale.  WG would yank them off the cart I would assume unless some grace period was given but I'm projecting tho... =This is probably the reason why. The offers are not permanent, even buying just an older ship was not permanent (until now, finally we have most of the premium ships in the store at least). And that's a very valid reason to not offer that shooping cart, until they can guarantee they can remove any special offer the user does not buy.

These two statements just don’t make any sense to me as legit concerns. eBay has a cart system with the appropriate warnings that just because it’s in your cart guarantees nothing when it comes to future purchases. You snooze you lose. If eBay can do it so can WGing. It’s not rocket science. 

• Cool 2

Members
808 posts
9,369 battles
3 minutes ago, USNA_76 said:

I

These two statements just don’t make any sense to me as legit concerns. eBay has a cart system with the appropriate warnings that just because it’s in your cart guarantees nothing when it comes to future purchases. You snooze you lose. If eBay can do it so can WGing. It’s not rocket science. 

You could be correct.  I want a shopping cart.  I am no super tech guy and damn sure not into coding so do not generally claim to be knowledgeable.   I assumed it would be a simple thing.  I am just not sure what all is involved in it.  I figure there has to be some reason they do not add one.  I would probably purchase more if they did add a cart.

• Cool 1

[TF16]
Modder
1,001 posts
7,714 battles

I have worked on 3 separate DoD software development projects, and doing a shopping cart is Devloper 101. 

• Cool 2

Members
808 posts
9,369 battles

Well then I have no Idea why they would not have one.  I just hate to speak about how something is easy when I know ZERO about how it is done.  So I will defer to your assessment.

[WOLF9]
Members
7,981 posts
3,416 battles
2 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

Why can't you guys just have a shopping cart like every other online business?

They used to have one.  Sometimes it worked; sometimes it didn't.  They eventually did away with it entirely.  No, you're not the first one to ask for it.

Members
585 posts
3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

God dammit, I thought we got a shopping cart :cap_fainting:.

Target Store Employees did the lot pickup and pushed all the WG carts into the gully behind the shopping center.

• Funny 1

Members
1,140 posts

the RU WoWs site still has a shopping cart, they never got rid of it.

it would be quite silly to think that the shopping cart can only work with Cyrillic alphabet and not for instance Latin alphabet that underpins for instance English.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,528 posts
27,167 battles

Its a good thing they devoted all those dev resources to the CV ReBork instead of wasting it on things that people really wanted and have requested for several years, like a shopping cart. 

Edited by Taichunger

[NSEW]
Members
946 posts
9,204 battles

'Cause Shopping cart has a system that is needed to be implemented and most likely pay a fee to use them. Much like how vendors get charged per transaction when customers pay with credit cards for purchases.

Also, if someone did temporarily had an item on the 'cart' as a placeholder. WG will need to manage that for the long run. More added costs.

What it comes down to is, money. It will cost money to bring such features to their customer base.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,049 posts
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

'Cause Shopping cart has a system that is needed to be implemented and most likely pay a fee to use them. Much like how vendors get charged per transaction when customers pay with credit cards for purchases.

Also, if someone did temporarily had an item on the 'cart' as a placeholder. WG will need to manage that for the long run. More added costs.

What it comes down to is, money. It will cost money to bring such features to their customer base.

Yes, they are avoiding spending money, by attempting to build a shopping cart in house, with predictable results. And simple website add-ons are a generally a monthly fee not a pay per use....it's not a credit card reader.....:Smile_teethhappy:

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
455 posts
5,144 battles

Amazon must not care much about the stuff accrued in their customer carts.

I kid. Of course they care, that's why your cart of unpurchased items is there a couple days later to say "did you forget about me? Here's some free shipping and a new credit card with $100 off of your order to grease your purchasing decision."

I can only think that WGNA doesn't want you to outspend your wallet on their game.

[WOLFA]
Members
611 posts
3,875 battles

I can understand ships being and issue and special bundles not mixing well with regular items but if they gave us a cart just for flags and camos and anything that's not on special it would be great.

[CIAO]
Members
67 posts
11,075 battles

The idea that WG spends the slightest amount of "resources" babysitting your shopping cart is lunacy.  It's a digital footprint, just as easy to erase when your modules come off sale.  Mama server sends out the make-this-go-away and it does.  There's absolutely no reason to not have a shopping cart; excepting two reasons.  WG is somehow milking a per-purchase agreement, or there just isn't enough demand for one.  Yeah, 6 dudes complaining in the forum isn't a player-based demand.

This is not a "technical" of "software" issue; it's a choise they made.  Why?  Hell if I know but implementing one is about as easy as making a Christmas Tree out of "X"s.

That being said; if no cart, how about a list?  So put a little check-box in the corner of each item graphic so we can single purchase multiple items instead of adding them one at a time to the cart.

[WOLFC]
Members
507 posts
5,430 battles
21 hours ago, D_I_P_Scout said:

DionKraft replied:

Steam does all this - heck  most basic sites do this.

And  I would very surprised if WG isn't tracking player activity & amount spent - that's a basic metric.

[TF16]
Modder
1,001 posts
7,714 battles
1 hour ago, Hyperion728 said:

The idea that WG spends the slightest amount of "resources" babysitting your shopping cart is lunacy.  It's a digital footprint, just as easy to erase when your modules come off sale.  Mama server sends out the make-this-go-away and it does.  There's absolutely no reason to not have a shopping cart; excepting two reasons.  WG is somehow milking a per-purchase agreement, or there just isn't enough demand for one.  Yeah, 6 dudes complaining in the forum isn't a player-based demand.

This is not a "technical" of "software" issue; it's a choise they made.  Why?  Hell if I know but implementing one is about as easy as making a Christmas Tree out of "X"s.

That being said; if no cart, how about a list?  So put a little check-box in the corner of each item graphic so we can single purchase multiple items instead of adding them one at a time to the cart.

Truer words never said. That argument you responded to was as equally irrelevant as the previous two I addressed.