Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gavroche_

Personal Stalingrad/Kronsdadt/Alaska/Azuma fire math

8 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Members
2,222 posts
9,787 battles

I currently have the Kron, and I am planning on getting Alaska when 0.8.0 hits and Stalingrad when I get 3k more Steel. I am also looking at Azuma, but if she's a steel ship it'll likely be at least a year before I can afford her.

As many of you are aware, WG is changing fire duration from 45sec to 60sec on these large/battle cruisers. While this is not going to affect my decision to acquire the ships it's nonetheless a significant change to be aware of. Here is the math for the change:

In WoWs fires deal 0.3% of a ship's HP in damage per second for cruisers.

For Stalingrad/Kronsdadt I'll run my Moskva captain and build, which includes Basics of Survivability, Damage Control Modification 2, and India Yankee (15%, 15%, and 20% decrease in fire duration)

With the current 45 sec fire, the modifiers reduces this to 26 seconds (7.8% HP). With the new 60 seconds fire this becomes 35 seconds (10.4% HP)

For the Kron (71050HP) , this translates to: 5542dmg -> 7389dmg, a 1847 damage per fire increase. For Stalin (72450), 5651dmg -> 7535dmg, a 1884dmg increase.

For Alaska, and Azuma I don't think I'll run Damage Control Mod. 2. Instead I'll probably take rudder shift, so that's a 15% and a 20% decrease in fire duration.

From 31 seconds (9.2%HP) to 41sec (12.2% HP).

For Alaska (60800HP), from 5594dmg -> 7418dmg, a 1824 dmg increase. For Azuma (71800HP), from 6606dmg -> 8760dmg, a 2154 dmg increase.

Although a 33% increase in fire damage hurts, I don't think it's enough for me to change my build for Azuma and Alaska, even though the new CVs will probably free up skill points from BFT/AFT. For Stalingrad/Kronsdadt I'm already running basically all of the tank perks (BoS, Fire Prevention, India Delta, + Superintendent) in my clan battles build so I don't consider this change to be too significant.

This was my calculations and some of my analysis. I encourage you to use these numbers to come to your own conclusion, although I've always believed that the only conclusion that matters is the result of actually testing builds on the live server. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Gavroche_
Spellling/Grammar
  • Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
2,222 posts
9,787 battles

I'm assuming we get free captain respecs in 0.8.0 due to AA changes + the end of Clan battles.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles

Well, this doesn't look that bad. Dunno if Kron really needs this kind of change or just a victim of uniformity.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,656 posts
14,412 battles

On the other hand, rudder shift and vigilance actually helps you avoid damage in the first place

Znamensky gets -20% on high alert and with JOT that's probably best way to deal with fire/floods, using a dmg ctrl II consumable 

Edited by Commander_367

[STAR]
Members
3,163 posts
8,075 battles
44 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Well, this doesn't look that bad. Dunno if Kron really needs this kind of change or just a victim of uniformity.

Its is when you consider that those ships (out of stalingrad) have cruiser armor but they are larger and more sluggishthan normal cruisers. They already eat a lot fo damage from HE spam or BB overmatch. Also, while a single fire doesnt look all that bad, when you think of multiple fires it becomes really scary. Plus the alpha from the shells. Its was a unneded  nerf.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,414 posts
4,288 battles
3 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Its is when you consider that those ships (out of stalingrad) have cruiser armor but they are larger and more sluggishthan normal cruisers. They already eat a lot fo damage from HE spam or BB overmatch. Also, while a single fire doesnt look all that bad, when you think of multiple fires it becomes really scary. Plus the alpha from the shells. Its was a unneded  nerf.

First of all, so far these changes are examined, with nothing concrete yet. That may yet change as quite a lot of things have (Alaska citadel height, the AP on modules damage)

Now onto the ship themselves; I have to say I can't speak from personal experience driving one, as they don't interest me that much in obtaining. I can only observe stats, fight them, note fellow forumer observations and CC commentaries on them. I agree with you that Kronshtadt doesn't deserve this for sure. Stalingrad can be quite a tough nut to crack even for BBs so there is some basis. As for Alaska and Azuma they are still in development so they may gain something else. As far as I know the ships retain the 60 second cooldown on their Damage Control as the rest if the cruisers. From that standpoint having the fire duration of a BB but the DC cooldown of a CA makes sense for "large cruisers/supercruisers/battlecruisers". Personally I am against the need to have these changes be uniform to a specific type. They should be addressed on a case to case basis.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this