You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeltaHavoc

A quick question on CVs and MM

15 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
241 battles

I have seen some people who propose there should be the ability to opt out of a MM with CVs. I’m just wondering if that is plausible at all or would it ruin MM so to speak. So my question is: Should an opt out of playing with CVs choice in MM exist? And what would be the advantages and disadvantages of such a system?

[HINON]
Members
11,391 posts

I guess as a bb I should be able to opt out of dds, as a cruiser I should be able to avoid bbs and as a dd I should be able to avoid cruisers.  

• Cool 3

[_I_]
Members
150 posts
789 battles

I can see two advantages.

First, people who hate CV's, which seems like a lot of people, would be happier.

Second, people who like CV's won't have to put up with people who don't.

If MM for CV suffers, that's the price of playing an unpopular type.

Edited by CruiserSailor

Members
16 posts
241 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I guess as a bb I should be able to opt out of dds, as a cruiser I should be able to avoid bbs and as a dd I should be able to avoid cruisers.  

Do you not get my question? I am not advocating for an opt out but instead am asking if allowing opt outs would be a good or bad idea. Based on your reply I assume you believe an opt out would be bad.

[PVE]
Members
16,006 posts
10,653 battles
9 minutes ago, DeltaHavoc said:

I have seen some people who propose there should be the ability to opt out of a MM with CVs. I’m just wondering if that is plausible at all or would it ruin MM so to speak. So my question is: Should an opt out of playing with CVs choice in MM exist? And what would be the advantages and disadvantages of such a system?

No. The ability to opt out would truly mess up MM. This will change a bit with 8.0 as CVs will go from T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, & T10 to T4, T6, T8 & T10. How many CVs you will see in the odd tiers may or may not change depending amount of CVs and other ships in various tiers. 

If you don't like CVs, spec for AA and learn how to adjust to CVs.

Members
1,163 posts
8,267 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No. The ability to opt out would truly mess up MM. This will change a bit with 8.0 as CVs will go from T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, & T10 to T4, T6, T8 & T10. How many CVs you will see in the odd tiers may or may not change depending amount of CVs and other ships in various tiers. 

If you don't like CVs, spec for AA and learn how to adjust to CVs.

It would only mess up MM for CV since people that don't opt out can still be matched with people that do as long as they aren't in a CV. This may or may not be a bad thing depending on how many people hate CV and opt out.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,672 posts
12,094 battles
21 minutes ago, CruiserSailor said:

I can see two advantages.

First, people who hate CV's, which seems like a lot of people, would be happier.

Second, people who like CV's won't have to put up with people who don't.

If MM for CV suffers, that's the price of playing an unpopular type.

There is a love hate relationship with CV's. In the current CV system everyone hates a well played CV on the red team as well as a poorly played CV on your team and everyone loves a well played CV on their team. The impact on winning and losing because of how just two ships perform is huge and is one of the driving factors behind the CV rework.

[_I_]
Members
150 posts
789 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There is a love hate relationship with CV's. In the current CV system everyone hates a well played CV on the red team as well as a poorly played CV on your team and everyone loves a well played CV on their team. The impact on winning and losing because of how just two ships perform is huge and is one of the driving factors behind the CV rework.

I simply think they're pests that disrupt a perfectly good shoot-out.

[OKM]
Members
452 posts
3,261 battles

It would be bad for many reason.

First: balance. Some ship like Musashi and Tirpitz are balanced by their weak AA. Removing the rist of facing a CV negate their flaws and make them simply over powered.

Second: it will hurt and , in time, remove CV. The mm for “with CV” will be filled with all the AA ship possible, making it a hell for CV. 

Overall, player just have to stop being too specialized in their skills choices. There is many option to make your ship leas tempting for enemy CV.

[AFW]
[AFW]
Members
290 posts
3,845 battles

There is zero chance of this happening, the opt out issue. You know why? Money. WG has put time and effort into the CV rework. That means dollars they spent  on thier devs doing the work As much hate there is for CVs many would opt out. Then que times would be long people would complain or give up on that game because of it. That equals money lost to WG as well. My two cents.

[YARRR]
Members
653 posts
5,174 battles

Frankly CVs should be pulled from the game.  There is just no way to properly balance them. 

When CVs came into their own in the 1940s, they totally obsoleted all the major surface combatant types essentially over night.  Hence, how can they properly be balanced in a game where the vast majority want to play ships built around naval gunnery?   They simply cannot. 

War Gaming has not been able to balance carriers since the beginning of World of Warships.  Doing the same thing, over and over again, and expecting a different outcome is just madness.

[PVE]
Members
16,006 posts
10,653 battles
47 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

It would only mess up MM for CV since people that don't opt out can still be matched with people that do as long as they aren't in a CV. This may or may not be a bad thing depending on how many people hate CV and opt out.

26 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

It would be bad for many reason.

First: balance. Some ship like Musashi and Tirpitz are balanced by their weak AA. Removing the rist of facing a CV negate their flaws and make them simply over powered.

Second: it will hurt and , in time, remove CV. The mm for “with CV” will be filled with all the AA ship possible, making it a hell for CV. 

Overall, player just have to stop being too specialized in their skills choices. There is many option to make your ship leas tempting for enemy CV.

Well said.

19 minutes ago, Big_Pimpin said:

There is zero chance of this happening, the opt out issue. You know why? Money. WG has put time and effort into the CV rework. That means dollars they spent  on thier devs doing the work As much hate there is for CVs many would opt out. Then que times would be long people would complain or give up on that game because of it. That equals money lost to WG as well. My two cents.

Also true.