Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CorvusBB39

Selling hulls

29 comments in this topic

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,085 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Never that I can think of.  That has zero relevancy on an unknown future though.  WG does things and creates events that they have never done in the past all the time.

If the credits are not a big deal to get later, then the credits are not a big deal to get now.  It works both ways.  Pushing things down the road and undoing things you have already accomplished for instant gratification almost never ends up the best possible outcome in the end.  There is often a price for it later.

Anyway, I will let others respond, my opinion has been made clear.

you never will.  Inventory that sits is just money on the shelf

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
492 posts
8,909 battles

I'm rich!

Thanks for all of the opinions.  I sold off all of the A-hulls (plus one torpedo upgrade I clicked on without really looking at it) to the tune of some 10.8-million silvers, about a 20% increase over what I had on hand.  I'm figuring it is a very small chance that WG will have an A-hull only event.  The rest of the upgrades (but for the error above) I have kept.

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
4 hours ago, CorvusBB39 said:

I'm rich!

Thanks for all of the opinions.  I sold off all of the A-hulls (plus one torpedo upgrade I clicked on without really looking at it) to the tune of some 10.8-million silvers, about a 20% increase over what I had on hand.  I'm figuring it is a very small chance that WG will have an A-hull only event.  The rest of the upgrades (but for the error above) I have kept.

WG has "a-hull" events regularly, it's called ranked battles.

Members
24,025 posts
6,038 battles
On Saturday, January 05, 2019 at 3:30 PM, Burnsy said:

There is no real point in selling things you have already earned for less than you earned them for, because you don't know what the future holds.  For example, I bought a lot of port slots a while ago when they were on sale.  As such I have every ship I have ever earned.  I ended up with a stupid amount of coal from this snowflake event just for having a lot of ships in my port. That allowed me to purchase yet more ships just as a reward for things I have already done.  That small investment suddenly paid off in spades down the road.

In my case, I was able to buy ships to get snowflakes because I had extra credits. Had I not sold my obsolete modules, I would have had fewer credits.

I look at it as more like a second mortgage. Use some of the equity in your unused hulls to free up some credits to do something else.

As far as not selling something you own outright for less than you paid, you do that every time you buy a new car, unless you keep the old one up on blocks in the back yard. 

You're not wrong about possible future uses for old things though. I bought a top-of-the-line Alpine car stereo system, with 6 speakers, amp, and sub, about 15 years ago. My wife kept wondering why I never got rid of it, since the used cars I've been driving had decent stereos.

Sure enough, we had both our cars die almost simultaneously. We took out a loan so we could afford one fairly new and reliable car. It's a bit of an inconvenience only having the one, so we plan to buy another car. 

But since we are making appreciable payments, it will have to be a cash purchase, which likely means a 15-20 year old beater, which will have a crap stereo compared to what I can pull out of the tote buried under the stairs and install.

Sign in to follow this