Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rage_Virus

CV Rework

4 comments in this topic

[PEN]
Members
9 posts
2,050 battles

Here is what I would like to see from the CV rework.

• Using planes as resource management.
  • Give CVs a reason to move closer to the action.
  • Make plane choice matter.

Either make planes not regenerate just as AA modules do not regenerate or allow planes to regenerate over time as they are left in the CV but also allow AA modules to come back online over time.

Giving a CV a reason to move closer to a fight will allow for more risk vs reward game play. Maybe tie this into only allowing a single drop from a set of planes before they have to return to the ship or letting planes regenerate slowly while they are in the ship so the shorter the travel time for the planes means the sooner they can start being repaired or sent back into action.

Maybe make torp planes meant to be used dropped at longer ranges instead of trying to drop them off right in front of a ship. Make rocket planes more about medium range attacks so you dont have to risk as many planes to deal damage. And the bomb planes are meant to alpha strike people but you will likely lose some planes during your attack but deal heavy damage. I think generally the planes work out like this anyway but I do wish torp planes were meant more as a long range option instead of like all planes wanting to drop them close to the ship.

I haven't tested the rework but just from my limited experience playing Warships, this is kind of how I would like to see things shake out. My largest complaint about CVs is that they have no reason to be close to a battle. I think giving them some intensive to be near the action would lead to more interesting decision making and an experience where they don't feel untouchable until the game is basically over.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
733 posts
6,180 battles

point 1 - your comparing planes with AA moduales, i think they are better compared to main guns (bombers) and torpedo moduals (torp bombers). i would prefer if they kept infinte planes, but made torpedo bombers only 2 attack waves with 1.5 min reload time for a full squadron, and then bombers having the current system, with a 12 second re-arming time, but reduce damage and DOT.

point 2 - they already have a reason to move closer - rearming times are reduced because they have a return time, and then their is flight time from the carrier.

point 3 - did you even play the rework or what are you basing this off of? torps have a activation range that has been extended in the update. some of them even take 1.2 km to arm when dropped now.... all planes are DOT not Alpha, bombers and rockets set fires, torps set flooding.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

i think incentive to make battleship move in closer to the frontline is what is needed op not cv

[SALVO]
Members
22,069 posts
22,500 battles
2 hours ago, Rage_Virus said:

Here is what I would like to see from the CV rework.

• Using planes as resource management.
  • Give CVs a reason to move closer to the action.
  • Make plane choice matter.

Either make planes not regenerate just as AA modules do not regenerate or allow planes to regenerate over time as they are left in the CV but also allow AA modules to come back online over time.

Giving a CV a reason to move closer to a fight will allow for more risk vs reward game play. Maybe tie this into only allowing a single drop from a set of planes before they have to return to the ship or letting planes regenerate slowly while they are in the ship so the shorter the travel time for the planes means the sooner they can start being repaired or sent back into action.

Maybe make torp planes meant to be used dropped at longer ranges instead of trying to drop them off right in front of a ship. Make rocket planes more about medium range attacks so you dont have to risk as many planes to deal damage. And the bomb planes are meant to alpha strike people but you will likely lose some planes during your attack but deal heavy damage. I think generally the planes work out like this anyway but I do wish torp planes were meant more as a long range option instead of like all planes wanting to drop them close to the ship.

I haven't tested the rework but just from my limited experience playing Warships, this is kind of how I would like to see things shake out. My largest complaint about CVs is that they have no reason to be close to a battle. I think giving them some intensive to be near the action would lead to more interesting decision making and an experience where they don't feel untouchable until the game is basically over.

A big fat no to this!  CVs need to stay OUT of the fighting.  And maybe more so in the rework, since you have next to no control over the ship itself.  

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this