Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

Question About Steam

7 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,858 posts

My WoWs account is from beta and not connected to Steam.  There used to be no way to use money in your steam wallet to buy things in the game.  Is that still the case?

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,505 posts
17,953 battles

Your Steam wallet is good to buy items for your Steam version from the Premium shop you access from your Steam Version port screen.

[A-D-F]
3,858 posts
3 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Your Steam wallet is good to buy items for your Steam version from the Premium shop you access from your Steam Version port screen.

Again, I don't have a "steam version"  I have never attached me WoWs account to steam. Is this possible to do and keep all my stuff?

Modder
1,214 posts
29 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Again, I don't have a "steam version"  I have never attached me WoWs account to steam. Is this possible to do and keep all my stuff?

No it isn't. Steam WoWS and regular WoWS accounts are completely separate and cannot be linked.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,329 posts
21,605 battles
1 minute ago, zFireWyvern said:

No it isn't. Steam WoWS and regular WoWS accounts are completely separate and cannot be linked.

Seems I saw a thread about a workaround for linking the two accounts. Can not remember if it was here or on Reddit... I could be misremembering because my memory is crap, but could swear I recall players talking about how this is done... 

Modder
1,214 posts
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Seems I saw a thread about a workaround for linking the two accounts. Can not remember if it was here or on Reddit... I could be misremembering because my memory is crap, but could swear I recall players talking about how this is done... 

It doesn't link anything, it just bypasses the Steam login so you can log into the server using your normal account details. It doesn't do anything to solve the 'issue' of wanting to use money on Steam to buy something for your WoWS account.

[A-D-F]
3,858 posts
10 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

It doesn't link anything, it just bypasses the Steam login so you can log into the server using your normal account details. It doesn't do anything to solve the 'issue' of wanting to use money on Steam to buy something for your WoWS account.

Damn.  Ok thanks.

WG, you are losing money here....

Sign in to follow this