Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SPQQKY

When planes dominate the mini-map?

10 comments in this topic

Members
264 posts
3,415 battles

Lately I have found the mini-map becomes completely blotted out with aircraft.  If you take your eyes of it in the heat of battle you get crushed yet there is so much clutter it throws you into a panic because you can't see. Is it just dumb potato me or is there a way to reduce the clutter?

Members
4,807 posts
7,953 battles

You can decide what is on the minimap.  Click on the small gear at the top of the minimap and choose what you want on the minimap.

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,186 posts
11,686 battles
6 minutes ago, ColdwaterCowboy_1 said:

Lately I have found the mini-map becomes completely blotted out with aircraft.  If you take your eyes of it in the heat of battle you get crushed yet there is so much clutter it throws you into a panic because you can't see. Is it just dumb potato me or is there a way to reduce the clutter?

Not sure what you are talking about in this case . All I can think of is you might need to enlarge your mini-map while in battle . The +/= keyboard key enlarges the map and the _/- key decreases the size of it . This can only be done while you are in battle .

Also 

1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

You can decide what is on the minimap.  Click on the small gear at the top of the minimap and choose what you want on the minimap.

:Smile_honoring:  

Members
23,470 posts
5,930 battles
1 hour ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

press the + button in game

Yup, a long time ago, I went from default size, to basically half the height of the screen. Makes a huge difference. Unclutters things, and gives you a more accurate indication of target heading (I find looking at the target itself misleading at times, ships look broadside, when they actually have a decent angle) and speed, for planning ahead.

[SBS]
Members
4,596 posts
2,408 battles

One other thing I'd add, if you increase the mini map size you may want to change the opacity of the mini map background so it blocks less of the map.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,222 posts

At 4k, the Minimap is still far too small, you need Aslains to make it larger.

Members
264 posts
3,415 battles
11 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Click on the small gear at the top of the minimap

thanks!

Sign in to follow this