You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Purg473

When Does Steel Monsters Go Off Sale?

13 comments in this topic

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,437 battles

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knew roughly when the last day to purchase the Steel Monsters campaign was? It doesn't have a sale ending date in Premium Shop, and I was wondering when it was going to go away?

Thanks,

Purg.

[BUOY]
Members
419 posts
10,442 battles
1 hour ago, Purg473 said:

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knew roughly when the last day to purchase the Steel Monsters campaign was? It doesn't have a sale ending date in Premium Shop, and I was wondering when it was going to go away?

Thanks,

Purg.

It's going byebye with .8.0. 

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,437 battles

I'm tempted myself, would have probably already jumped on it, but had the laptop go out on Christmas Day and arguing with myself now, lol.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,356 posts
21,664 battles
10 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

I just bought it because apparently I am easily sold on glittery stuff.

LOL. I broke down and bought it when I realized that I was going to be short steel for the Flint and that the package offered some premium time so it dropped to price to $40 (in my head). The Santa crates were nice but was not hopeful about getting anything of value. I was lucky, got the Haida and that made the package worthwhile for me. Buying it was a tough call for me but in hindsight, am glad I did. In one crate I got a Monaghan but not sure if it was a crate from that campaign or one I got for free since they all seem to drop around the same time. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,437 battles

Bump....anyone have an idea when it goes off sale actually? I know everything but Nerves of Steel got a week extension with the update being pushed back.

[BUOY]
Members
419 posts
10,442 battles
48 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

Bump....anyone have an idea when it goes off sale actually? I know everything but Nerves of Steel got a week extension with the update being pushed back.

Still .8 AFAIK, so Jan 28th-30th (WG is known for ending sales early).

[PVE]
Members
16,222 posts
10,762 battles
2 hours ago, Purg473 said:

The dedicated article on Steel Monsters didn't say. The premium shop doesn't say. Anytime between now and when 8.0 drops on Jan 30th is a guess.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/steel-monsters-campaign/

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/9356/

[PVE]
Members
16,222 posts
10,762 battles
2 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

Thanks folks, appreciate it.

You are welcome

[A-I-M]
Members
2,091 posts
11,081 battles
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Anytime between now and when 8.0 drops on Jan 30th is a guess.

My guess is...overnight tonight.

We've seen WG "extend" in-game events before, but have seen the Premium Shop/Arsenal sales/conversion deadlines go unchanged. The "Go Navy!" event was one of those, was it not?

Game events tied to build updates seem to extend fairly naturally with a delay in the build change, but premium shop event schedules aren't locked by code to in-game build changes - it may be planned to coincide with scheduled builds, but it's managed separately, and history suggests the Premium Shop dates seem less flexible once they are set.

[PVE]
Members
16,222 posts
10,762 battles
22 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

My guess is...overnight tonight.

We've seen WG "extend" in-game events before, but have seen the Premium Shop/Arsenal sales/conversion deadlines go unchanged. The "Go Navy!" event was one of those, was it not?

Game events tied to build updates seem to extend fairly naturally with a delay in the build change, but premium shop event schedules aren't locked by code to in-game build changes - it may be planned to coincide with scheduled builds, but it's managed separately, and history suggests the Premium Shop dates seem less flexible once they are set.

Yep. The Steel Monsters could leave today or tonight. They did extend the Santa Crates, but that doesn't mean that they extended Steel Monsters as well.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,091 posts
11,081 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

They did extend the Santa Crates, but that doesn't mean that they extended Steel Monsters as well.

Duly noted, and now that I think of it: It does seem that WG can fairly handily extend Premium shop dates that are related to money intake - Santa crates, Steel Monsters, etc.; they just seem more reluctant to do so when it's a token conversion date that isn't bringing in revenue.