You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wichen

For Whomst've thinks Stalingrad is op

18 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
3,806 posts
5,502 battles
8 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Clearly, I'm not understanding this thread.

Both  front turrets of the Stalingrad are knocked out.

Members
9,029 posts
10,197 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Ooooooh. Alrighty. Personally, I never considered Stali to be OP, I honestly feel that Kron is more OP than Stali, due to her MM spread.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Been here awhile. OP TERRIFYING SHIP appears bout every 6 months. Then they fade. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
1,137 posts
8,662 battles

Stalingrad is under performing in CB, the ship needs a massive rework in the form of buffs.

[QC]
Members
65 posts
7,768 battles
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I thought it was because Des Moines tank 244k from Stalingrad shells...

[WOLF3]
Members
23,597 posts
21,130 battles

So what?  BATTLESHIP TURRETS get destroyed also.  Cruisers have less sturdy turrets.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DRHS]
[DRHS]
Members
391 posts
17,423 battles

Yeah and today I hit a Stalin 14 times with my MB in my Georgia. He was bow on but not a single 457mm round hit for more than 6k. Range 8km. Flat Trajectory 8km damn near every round should have penned anywhere on the damn ship. At that range and Tragectory I should have even penned his turrets. Nope just a bunch of overpens and weak pen damage.  This thing is BROKEN, not only does it bounce shells it shouldn't, it has the highest sigma in game for any ship and the highest angle before it will ricochet rounds of any ship. Yeah I understand it is a steel ship but seriously WG a paper ship with parameters like this thing has blatantly shown the russian bias in this game.  

And OP yeah we all get lucky sometimes, that does not make this ship any less Overpowered. 

Next WG will bring out a Rail gun equpied Russian DD with 70 knt speed and a 2.2 km detection, 30 km/120 knt torps. ENOUGH with the russian bias, ENOUGH with the paper ships. Your starting to get to the point where even I have to say enough is enough. 

Edited by BarronRichthofen

[CVA16]
Members
4,415 posts
13,719 battles

It needs RNG to cooperate but wouldn't Stalingrad take out DMs turrets more easily than the reverse?

Members
4 posts
3,809 battles

My clan played 15 battles today for the current CB season, 9 wins 6 losses. Every single one of our losses was from double and tripple Stalingrad comps with Kremlin. Too large a sample size for such a coincidence. Pretty much if they didn't have double or triple Stalingrad we won. If your response is just to play a comp that counters Stalingrad then you have clearly made my point. If you have to comp specifically to counter a single type of ship the ship is by definition overpowered. Nobody says "Golly we gotta come up with a way to counter Montana's" or "Gee Wiz their Yoshino is so strong we need to get more Yoshinos in our comp." 

When a ship makes a bad player successful its an overpowered ship.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
4,415 posts
13,719 battles

Well, the Henri WAS sort of a counter to Stalingrad.  Probably why WG kneecapped it.

[WOLFX]
Members
54 posts
3,275 battles

This thing still has almost as much HP as Vladivostok, a battleship at tier VIII. It also has battleship armor scheme with heavy deck and extended belt armor, whereas something like Alaska and the Azuma/Yoshino have cruiser plating of 27mm/25mm/25mm+30mm respectively. It's 305s, while being a smaller caliber/unable to overmatch anything, have 950 m/s muzzle velocity, a 2.65 sigma the highest sigma in the game, and can penetrate 481mm of armor at 15km. Other things to note is that it has DF and Radar, which increases it's utility, ect.

It's literally a battleship in a cruiser slot.