Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

If there isn't a free respec for captains do IJN and USN get it for free?

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
1,360 posts
4,216 battles

So it seems a free skill reset for all captains hasn't been confirmed when carrier rework arrives. Previous info (some developer notes I've seen) has however been provided indicated that all 'carrier' captains will receive it. Not sure but if you assign a captain to either an IJN or an USN carrier will, whether they be previously assigned to a class of a different type previously, receive a reset? Simply for example....if I desired such a reset on a cruiser, destroyer, battleship captain due changes that I have and it was not available to these classes could I preempt this and buy a number of carriers and assign them to it immediately prior to the rework in order to benefit while captains of other lines cannot? Apparently the carriers can also be traded for the equal amounts of free XP and credits required to obtain them. Honestly just very curious. 

Edited by Sumseaman

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,329 posts
21,605 battles

The rework info page they put out said that all carrier captains would get their skills reset and you will have to pick them all over again. With the changes, I would imagine a free respec for all captains will happen since there are so many changes to the way things currently work, especially AA. Course that isn't a sure thing, but would make sense. Then again we are talking about Wargaming, never underestimate their ability to screw something up... 
I think Clan Wars ends around the same time as the rework hits IIRC so there should be a free captain respec associated with that for those clan members who played at least one match in that mode. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,360 posts
4,216 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The rework info page they put out said that all carrier captains would get their skills reset and you will have to pick them all over again. With the changes, I would imagine a free respec for all captains will happen since there are so many changes to the way things currently work, especially AA. Course that isn't a sure thing, but would make sense. Then again we are talking about Wargaming, never underestimate their ability to screw something up... 
I think Clan Wars ends around the same time as the rework hits IIRC so there should be a free captain respec associated with that for those clan members who played at least one match in that mode. 

Cheers. Well if they don't offer it enjoy this delicious exploit for those that don't know! Announce free captain skill resets WG!

Edited by Sumseaman

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,073 battles

They always do it during clan battle starts and ranked starts.  So if they don't then they will at some point

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,329 posts
21,605 battles
16 hours ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

They always do it during clan battle starts and ranked starts.  So if they don't then they will at some point

I honestly believe they will offer a free respec for everyone since not all players are in clans and can benefit from that. The changes are pretty drastic to not only carriers, but to AA and to concealment so there will be plenty of players dealing with the changes and associated skills. If they fail to offer a free respec, we probably will see lots of angry posts from players...

Sign in to follow this