Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Glocktalker69

Premium CV's

5 comments in this topic

[SFROG]
Beta Testers
106 posts
5,961 battles

I looked around and didn't see anything jumping out about what the "flavor" of the existing premium cv's would translate to after the rework.  We know that the Saipan and Kaga are moving from 7's to 8's to meet the "only evens" rule,  but that's about it.  What will make them (if anything) different from a copy/paste of the existing tier 8 tech cv's beyond the normal premie benefits?   For example, will the kaga go from downtiered planes to higher tier planes ie tier 8 cv with tier 10 size squadrons for more/harder strikes which was sort of it's thing?  How will enterprise feel since one of it's big features (fighers) is being basically nuked - more fighter consumables on the planes/cv itself?  

I know they've said they'll offer compensation if you don't like the new gameplay, but above the standard premium bennies available to all premium ships, what will make the premie cv's feel unique (if anything).  Has this been addressed at all yet and I just missed it, or am I getting too far ahead?  I'm just thinking in general, even if a player thought the rework is the second coming*, if there is no flavor to them, there's little motivation to not just trade in for dubs/money/whatever and run the tech tree ships unless you just REALLY REALLY love seeing Big E in port or whatever.

*I am not in that group, I suck at RTS carriers to the point I am usually a handicap my team if I take a CV out higher than tier 4/5, but while I was initially optimistic I have many doubts about how the rework evolved.  That said, I have most of the premium cv's to support the game and play with friends occasionally

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
3,334 posts
1,492 battles

No information has been shared. The question has been repeatedly raised and repeatedly and pointedly ignored.

I'm not sure the logic behind this, as WG should know their plan for the premiums, and I can't think of a good reason not to tell us the plan...

• Cool 1

[RNJR]
Members
282 posts
4,822 battles

Just patience. Iet them first balance the 4 IJN and 4 USN and then the 4 British cVs first. Then they can figure out what the gimmick of Kaga and Saipan and Graf Zepplin will be.  

ANYONE REMEMBER - refunds in full for belfast, perth and M.Kutuzov?  You did not like the change to smoke conceal and firing from inside smoke?  Dont like the rrmoval of stealth open water shooting?  Sell your Payfast, Perth and Kutozov no questions for doubloons.  

[RLGN]
Members
11,490 posts
20,429 battles
12 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

Just patience. Iet them first balance the 4 IJN and 4 USN and then the 4 British cVs first. Then they can figure out what the gimmick of Kaga and Saipan and Graf Zepplin will be.

Balance... :Smile_veryhappy:

Unfortunately WG’s track record says they will only make things worse.

[SFROG]
Beta Testers
106 posts
5,961 battles

It will be interesting to see what window they provide for making the decision regarding whether a player wants to trade in their premiums, then - general rework not-withstanding, how can I determine the value of the premium ship and whether I would like to trade it in without the information as to the final form it will take.  Hopefully they will account for their balance/adjustments/edits/etc when determining when we have to decide to pay or play.  We can't necessarily decide which direction to go without information regarding the specific ships we are deciding to keep or pitch, not just the general reword style.

Sign in to follow this