You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA: Belle Epoque containers are available in the premium shop.

15 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
13,580 posts
8,775 battles

They are selling for $1.26 CAD, which is probably either 99 US cents or one US dollar, depending on the exchange rate.

If you were unlucky with item drops, you can now finish the collection that way.

I had not noticed this before.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
877 posts
2,285 battles

So the event page says this collection is permanent, but as of yet there is no option to turn it to "collect" from the daily crates...I assume that means it will be like the other older collections (Bismarck, Dunkirk, etc.) where you'll eventually be able to buy them for coal from the Arsenal as they will not be collectible in game once the event ends.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,580 posts
8,775 battles
2 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

So the event page says this collection is permanent, but as of yet there is no option to turn it to "collect" from the daily crates...I assume that means it will be like the other older collections (Bismarck, Dunkirk, etc.) where you'll eventually be able to buy them for coal from the Arsenal as they will not be collectible in game once the event ends.

What they mean by "permanent" is that it will never be removed the way the High School Fleet collection was. That gives it the chance to appear in the arsenal for coal, as you suggest. They have not ever dropped in standard crates and I doubt they ever will.

With 16 items and 5 duplicates needed for each, at two items per crate it requires forty Belle Epoque crates to ensure victory. The maximum you can get without winning PEF is fifteen; the maximum you can get with it is thirty. It is technically possible to win all thirty crates in game and fail to complete the collection, but you need to be improbably unlucky and score the same four items over and over again.

I finished with fifteen original items and fifteen duplicates from fifteen containers. I have the ship, but managed to do it with the maximum number of containers you can obtain without it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
877 posts
2,285 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What they mean by "permanent" is that it will never be removed the way the High School Fleet collection was. That gives it the chance to appear in the arsenal for coal, as you suggest. They have not ever dropped in standard crates and I doubt they ever will.

Thanks to the Arsenal, I got to catch up on all the collections I missed before, and currently only have the American Cruisers one in collection mode.  Should have the Belle Epoque one done before the end of the event, but that depends on RNG, so hopefully I'll have a fallback if not.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,580 posts
8,775 battles
4 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Thanks to the Arsenal, I got to catch up on all the collections I missed before, and currently only have the American Cruisers one in collection mode.  Should have the Belle Epoque one done before the end of the event, but that depends on RNG, so hopefully I'll have a fallback if not.

Yeah, the only one I missed out on is HSF, and I should really have tried for that one if I'd been clever enough. As it is, I never dreamed it would be of any use and I thought "They'll put it in the Arsenal eventually." Then the studio went bottom up and all the HSF content had to go (apart from what people already had).

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,611 posts
5,755 battles

I advise people not to waste their money on these crates. There's nothing in the crates or the collection that's worth the cash. The prizes in the crates are just camos or signal, and the collection give 4 days of premium, a santa crate, a pickelhelm symbol and a flag.

Completely not worth your hard earned money. Get the free ones, and if you are a bit short of completing the collection then wait until they come out in the arsenal and get what you need with coal. And if they don't come out in the arsenal, unless you have OCD you really aren't missing out on much.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
746 posts
27,140 battles
22 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

It's a perm collection, but the items can only bee obtained from NY crates. They are not available in daily containers so you can't turn the collection off. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,816 posts
15,842 battles
8 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I advise people not to waste their money on these crates. There's nothing in the crates or the collection that's worth the cash. The prizes in the crates are just camos or signal, and the collection give 4 days of premium, a santa crate, a pickelhelm symbol and a flag.

Completely not worth your hard earned money. Get the free ones, and if you are a bit short of completing the collection then wait until they come out in the arsenal and get what you need with coal. And if they don't come out in the arsenal, unless you have OCD you really aren't missing out on much.

Agreed, unless you're short papa papa or detonation flags, it's kind of a waste of money … 

plenty of crates yet to drop in game

[DPG]
Members
1,532 posts
6,612 battles
45 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yeah, the only one I missed out on is HSF, and I should really have tried for that one if I'd been clever enough. As it is, I never dreamed it would be of any use and I thought "They'll put it in the Arsenal eventually." Then the studio went bottom up and all the HSF content had to go (apart from what people already had).

Is that the collection that gives you all of the flags and the Yamato camo?  If so I just finished that the other day.  I guess you never opted in to that one.

Members
854 posts
10,722 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

...then wait until they come out in the arsenal and get what you need with coal. And if they don't come out in the arsenal...

Been waiting since last year for that DoY collection chest to go on sale.  Keep talking.

Edited by Airglide2

[WAIFU]
13,611 posts
5,755 battles
45 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Been waiting since last year for that DoY collection chest to go on sale.  Keep talking.

and as I said...

1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

And if they don't come out in the arsenal, unless you have OCD you really aren't missing out on much.

Members
854 posts
10,722 battles

"And if they don't come out in the arsenal, unless you have OCD you really aren't missing out on much."

Then I guess I'm OCD, because I also see a camo and flag I'm unable to obtain.

Edited by Airglide2

[WAIFU]
13,611 posts
5,755 battles
6 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

"And if they don't come out in the arsenal, unless you have OCD you really aren't missing out on much."

Then I guess I'm OCD, because I also see a camo and flag I'm unable to obtain.

Well unfortunately I can't help you with your DoY collection problem.

What I can do is recommend that other people do not spend money on the Belle Epoque collection, because it is terrible. It has no camo, it has no flag of importance unless people really want to fly the Prussian flag. It's not worth spending a single penny on.

Members
854 posts
10,722 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Well unfortunately I can't help you with your DoY collection problem.

What I can do is recommend that other people do not spend money on the Belle Epoque collection, because it is terrible. It has no camo, it has no flag of importance unless people really want to fly the Prussian flag. It's not worth spending a single penny on.

Look I'm sorta with you on that purchase, these challenges aren't that hard to complete.  But really, it's been a year, no, MORE than a year since the DoY campaign was announced and no sign of WG selling that campaign's containers.  I would not encourage "waiting" for them to drop in the Arsenal because there's a good chance their won't given again.

However, I think I need to take back what I just wrote because I'm thinking of the PEF campaign.  Belle Epoque probably has a better chance showing up.