You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MattChris_

ALL 4 super cruisers will receive 60s fire duration

229 comments in this topic

[PEEDZ]
Members
190 posts
9,483 battles

According to the EU WG Employee LordofDroid, all 4 super cruisers will get 60s fires. 

The Post

sDC160h.png

qoP884b.png

This has yet to be officially officially confirmed. 

On a personal note I am happy the "class" now has uniformity, I agree that they did out preform standard cruisers. 

However that's what they were designed to do, super cruisers should be their own class. 

Edited by MattttChris
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 2

[-TKS-]
Members
666 posts
10,144 battles

where do i apply for a refund on the stalingrad ? im not even playing the game and its on fire just sitting in port as it is ..  would rather get the bougette now .

• Cool 3
  • Funny 8

[PEEDZ]
Members
190 posts
9,483 battles
1 minute ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

where do i apply for a refund on the stalingrad ? im not even playing the game and its on fire just sitting in port as it is ..  would rather get the bougette now .

I mean what did you expect? They let a lot of people get Stalin, play it in its current form and then they'll balance it. 

This way more people had the opportunity to play it how it currently is and then they'll balance it. 

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,003 posts

Glad to hear this.

Now when do Scharnhorst, Gniesneau, Hood and possibly Graf Spee move and get this fire duration?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF3]
Members
21,714 posts
19,957 battles

I'm fine with this, as long as it's uniform across the board.  They already got more HP than normal Cruisers, so it's all good.

• Cool 4

[PEEDZ]
Members
190 posts
9,483 battles
2 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Glad to hear this.

Now when do Scharnhorst, Gniesneau and Hood move and get this fire duration?

They're BBs in game. They should already

Members
1,497 posts
10,006 battles
18 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I didn't buy into a gasoline soaked Stalingrad(edit-add Kronshstadt for coal) either. That amount of steel is very hard to accrue. I would like the option of a refund also.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,003 posts
1 minute ago, MattttChris said:

They're BBs in game. They should already

Forgot and added Graf Spee - was more concerned about a Battle cruiser line shift for the first 3.

[YORHA]
Members
4,325 posts
7,805 battles

Interesting precedent though... nerfing Premium ships.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,195 posts
9,171 battles
9 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Glad to hear this.

Now when do Scharnhorst, Gniesneau, Hood and possibly Graf Spee move and get this fire duration?

When Scharnhorst, Gniesneau, Hood get cruiser matchmaking.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
733 posts
6,185 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

to be fair, none of the ships listed are standard premiums though. it does make me worry greatly about the earning potential of the missouri being no longer assured,

• Cool 3

[DIEBL]
Members
568 posts
6,807 battles
7 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

to be fair, none of the ships listed are standard premiums though. it does make me worry greatly about the earning potential of the missouri being no longer assured,

It’d be worth it to lose half the annual quota of Missouri-poor threads

[TBW]
Members
8,145 posts
14,884 battles
18 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

That amount of steel is very hard to accrue

Not really I just went from 1,100 to 15,669 in a couple weeks, with still more to collect. Maybe at Easter we can get some Steel and Coal Easter Eggs, Like the Steel and Coal Snowflakes.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[UEFN]
Members
981 posts
17,777 battles

The Damage Con on Stalingrad has very short cool down time, with some flags and captain skill the 60s isn't going to make significant impact.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,990 posts
12,415 battles

The 'it came off as only Azuma and Alaska' does not fit other statements everywhere.

bvz2bmng.jpg

Had it actually been the case that it was simultaneously planned for all of them, Sub_Octavian would have simply said so rather than that 'it does not mean that we are not looking at Stalingrad and Kronstadt'.

[USCC2]
Members
4,912 posts

Fantastic, they looked at some of the many CCs laughing at how strong these ships are and have decided to balance them accordingly.

The fact that these ships are bought with Steel is even better as it will mainly be those players that class themselves as the 'real' players of the game; those who take on the challenges thrown at them and beat them!

These changes are merely something that looks to balance the game and will mean absolutely nothing to those who enjoy the challenges offered by the real gaming modes. A shame that premiums cannot be balanced accordingly, but I guess the 'real money' is the issue with that. :Smile_honoring:

EDIT: Oh dear, by the very unhappy emotes, those that talk of balanced and skilled play only do so from a point of strength it seems! Who would have guessed. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,620 posts
6,939 battles
4 minutes ago, GX9900A said:

I still think it's inconsistent logic.  WG claims they removed the Missouri from sale because it had too large a battle impact, and I find it somewhat odd they consider the Missouri to be an "un-nerfable" Free XP ship while the Kronshtadt is fair game.  It's also a little odd they're nerfing the Stalingrad while the are literally still selling steel in the premium store.

I have no problem with unifying the fire duration of all four ships, even it means nerfing Kronshtadt + Stalingrad....but I am a little confused about what exactly counts as a premium at this point. 

• Cool 3

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,612 posts
5,755 battles
19 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

This does not set a new precedent. WG have already done it before with Kutuzov and Belfast, and those were bought with money and not an ingame currency.

• Cool 5

[PEEDZ]
Members
190 posts
9,483 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

The 'it came off as only Azuma and Alaska' does not fit other statements everywhere.

bvz2bmng.jpg

Had it actually been the case that it was simultaneously planned for all of them, Sub_Octavian would have simply said so rather than that 'it does not mean that we are not looking at Stalingrad and Kronstadt'.

Oh I agree, but WG will be WG

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,313 posts
3,226 battles
23 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Glad to hear this.

Scharnhorst, Gniesenau and Hood are all, rightly, classed as Battleships.  Look at their armor profiles.  None of these "wuper cruisers" come close to even Hood's protection level whereas all three match actual battleships in terms of protection.

Graf Spee is a heavy cruiser.  She weighs less than HMS Dreadnought.  Maybe less than even Mikasa.

[PEEDZ]
Members
190 posts
9,483 battles
4 minutes ago, yashma said:

I still think it's inconsistent logic.  WG claims they removed the Missouri from sale because it had too large a battle impact, and I find it somewhat odd they consider the Missouri to be an "un-nerfable" Free XP ship while the Kronshtadt is fair game.  It's also a little odd they're nerfing the Stalingrad while the are literally still selling steel in the premium store.

I have no problem with unifying the fire duration of all four ships, even it means nerfing Kronshtadt + Stalingrad....but I am a little confused about what exactly counts as a premium at this point. 

Okay so Missouri is an interesting case. We really know the reason the Missouri was nerfed was because of its earnings and a little for the radar.

Missouri is just an Iowa with better credit earning and a radar. Those are the only benefits of that boat really. Removing or nerfing one would have to cause a complete rebalance of the ship, it was probably just easier for them to remove it from the shop than have to rebalance it while taking the backlash from the nerf. 

Kron and Stalin are different, they have other perks and benefits to counteract this nerf. 

Edited by MattttChris

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,620 posts
6,939 battles
4 minutes ago, MattttChris said:

Okay so Missouri is an interesting case. We really know the reason the Missouri was nerfed was because of its earnings and a little for the radar.

Missouri is just an Iowa with better credit earning and a radar. Those are the only benefits of that boat really. Removing or nerfing one would have to cause a complete rebalance of the ship, it was probably just easier for them to remove it from the shop than have to rebalance it while taking the backlash from the nerf. 

Kron and Stalin are different, they have other perks and benefits to counteract this nerf. 

Yah, in the grand scheme of things a 15 second increased fire duration nerf is a relatively minor.  

[PEEDZ]
Members
190 posts
9,483 battles
3 minutes ago, yashma said:

Yah, in the grand scheme of things a 15 second increased fire duration nerf is a relatively minor.  

Totally true my dude, good talk 

-Members-
1,640 posts
1,013 battles

Hello Captains,

Both Stalingrad and Kronshtadt are planned to have their fire duration changed from 45 seconds to 60 seconds in the future.

This is not final yet and subject to change. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 3