You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

OK, OK, Just a Few Santa Crates

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
1,813 posts

I didn't buy any Santa Crates in 2016 or 2017, don't even remember if they had them in 2015!

So, since I got 13 months of Premium last month, I didn't have to buy 30 days this month ... ok, let's take that money and gamble just a little.

And when I say little ... 5x Santa, 5 x Santa and 5x Large Santa ... I mean little, maybe lightening will strike, but I didn't expect it to and can use the other gifts:

5 Large:

• 7500 Coal
  • 6 Type 59 Camo
  • 15 Scylla
  • 15 Wyvern
  • 15 Basilisk

10 Small:

• 50 Zulu Hotel
  • 2 Type 59 Camo
  • 300 Doubloons x 2
  • 4 New Year Camo x 3
  • 2500 Coal x 2
  • 10K Free XP

Everyone will post when they get a ship ... and I'm really happy for them.  But I have a feeling this is the result for many buyers and most who don't post.

Thanks, WG ... if I'm honest, it was really just for the small adrenaline rush and I think that's also true for most. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 6

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
678 posts
3,350 battles

Whenever I get the smaller quantity I rarely get ships, though it can happen of course. When I get the 20 boxes of Big or Mega on the other hand ships turn up and 20 of the Small ones usually turns up one ship. Gifted some to a friend, and same there as well.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,324 posts

With about 80 crates, I got the HuangHe - which is for sale for $10. Last year, I got tons of frosty Green camo, that I'm still using today. This year, the NY camo only came in batches of 4, 10, and 20. Looking at $1 crate for 4, $3 for 10.. hey wait a minute.... That's not right..

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,761 posts
16,291 battles

Thank you,  thank you for being honest about this.

It is so refreshing. 

This year I had a very tight budget and only got 13 medium containers. 

Those plus the free ones I have gotten....

Mostly flags and less than half cammo....

Not a Gascoigne,  but oh well....

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,813 posts
2 hours ago, Krautjaeger said:

Whenever I get the smaller quantity I rarely get ships, though it can happen of course. When I get the 20 boxes of Big or Mega on the other hand ships turn up and 20 of the Small ones usually turns up one ship. Gifted some to a friend, and same there as well.

Thanks for the feedback. 

I've also seen where a batch of 20, even smalls, has yielded a ship ... saw Tech Deals get a Missouri that way ... amazing.

And then have read where folks did better buying 20 total but in batches of 5.  Bottom line is it's just the luck of the draw.

But before the sale ends, the bug may bite one more time ... did I mention I used to shoot craps a lot? :crab:

Edited by DocWalker
typo

[A-I-M]
Members
1,661 posts
17,336 battles

I bought very few because the only two ships I really wanted (Ark Beta and Iwaki Alpha) were not included in the ships available in crates, and I got Musashi and Duke of York in the second batch I bought, leaving me with every Premium I am vaguely interested in.  

Since my ship wish list was either complete or unavailable, and because there were no combat effects signals in crates, I spent less than a quarter of what I spent last year.

I still have 700 Frosty Fir camos from LAST Christmas. 

[PVE]
Members
1,702 posts
7,515 battles

Had purchased a 20 pack of the $1. crates when this seasons sale began and I have to say I was severely disappointed, it was extremely obvious that this years sale and goodies were lacking big time compared to previous years. Needless to say the amount of money spent on them this year compared to years past was very VERY low.

Just an added note: I keep reading all the bunk about you have better chances at getting ships if you purchase the higher priced crates, I have to strongly disagree. Over the past couple of years I have received 20+ Premium ships through the crates and they have all come from the $1. dollar ones, not once did I get one through a higher priced crate.

Edited by Judge_Doom

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
678 posts
3,350 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

I've also seen where a batch of 20, even smalls, has yielded a ship ... saw Tech Deals get a Missouri that way ... amazing.

And then have read where folks did better buying 20 total but in batches of 5.  Bottom line is it's just the luck of the draw.

But before the sale ends, the bug may bite one more time ... did I mention I used to shoot craps a lot? :crab:

Decided to take it to the test, again, and gifted 40 Big (medium) boxes and the recipient got Massachusetts, Gascogne, Missouri, Nueve de Julio, Musashi, Roma in addition to two Krasny's that was already had so got doubloon refunds. Gifted 20 small ones there earlier, and that person got the Kronstahd. So, in my experience over the years, the biggest chance is when you buy full 20-packs of something and not 5+5+10 and so on. :Smile_great: 

EDIT: Total value all in all gifted was about 140.000 doubloons worth for the price of about $100-110.

Edited by Krautjaeger
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,813 posts
47 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

So, in my experience over the years, the biggest chance is when you buy full 20-packs of something and not 5+5+10 and so on. :Smile_great:

OK, thanks again ... now quit tempting me! :Smile_unsure: :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Got a mega 20 crate, got the usually stuffs but I got two ships, one is the Perth but the other is the Kidd a nice shiny tier 8 DD. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
879 posts
2,285 battles

Sounds about right...I've only purchased small quantities of crates and have yet to see a ship...they must have a better multiplier for the bigger packages of crates.