You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ariokk

Dear Wargaming, About those randomly generated....

18 comments in this topic

[PN]
Members
239 posts
16,026 battles

ships we get from santa boxes. Is there some reason that every time I get a box that would originally have given me a duplicate of a premium ship I already have it decides to give me a Krasny Krym?  I'm not trying to appear ungrateful here, but how are we supposed to believe that the results are random when we get the same replacement ship 5 times in the same bundle of boxes. You should be telling us that we will receive the doubloon value of the Krasny Krym for every duplicate ship we receive. Asking us to believe that those results are randomly generated is like us going to a carnival and putting our money down on the same number 20 times and expecting it to land at least 5 times (in my case more) on the same number.  Unless your code is programmed by gypsies, you might want to look into these results before people start tossing around words like "fraud' and "con-job".  If it was just me that this has happened to, I might think it was just my own random luck. This is not the case and I know personally of two other people this has happened to.  It's one thing to spend money on a game of chance.... but saying that if the wheel stops on a certain number you will have x amount of options that can show up and the same option appears multiple times for multiple people, then it's no longer an honest game of chance but one that is rigged to give the lowest possible payout each time.  Every year your practices get shadier and the player base gets angrier.  I hope you find a better solution to this issue than "no we never advertised open world stealth fire as a selling point for premium ships" or "yes, Graf Zeppelin is completely ready to go live"  to resolve your issues. We already know that "Get ready for the totally awesome carrier re-work" is like saying "Watch our awesome military machine take over Finland."   Ummm, yeah, sure Josef, sure.

We spend a lot of money keeping your lights on. How about showing us you give a flying *&%^ that we do.

• Cool 4

[WOLF7]
Members
12,224 posts

Considering they changed the mechanics a year ago, I don't know how it's possible to get a duplicate.:Smile_amazed:

Unless you keep deleting the ship.....

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
1,149 posts
8,136 battles

I'd guess that some ships like Krasny Krym are assigned a higher drop chance than desired premiums like Nikolai, Missouri, Musashi, the Tier VIIIs, etc.  I don't think anyone ever implied it was truly random and that all premium ships have the same drop chance.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,300 battles

Box contents are determined on purchase.  So if you bought, say, 100 boxes before opening any, your ship rolls will be independent of any ships you may acquire in said boxes.

Since Krasny is a very high chance drop from these boxes, this is often what you would get.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,509 battles

I believe the game doesn't actually update what ships you own until you back out of the crate screen. Therefore it can give you the exact same ship over and over again without realizing it, or that's how it worked 2 years ago. I knew players that gamed the system into giving them tripitz's repeatably to earn massive amounts of gold.

[TASC]
Members
294 posts
7,953 battles

how are you getting the same ship? if it rolls a ship you have you get a new ship roll. did you sell the ship you picked up? i picked up 9 ships this time and only 2 were new to me the rest popped super containers because it rolled a dup and game my another ship. so i end up with 9 premium ships that i never had. i also never get rid of any premium ship so it will keep dropping new to me ships. 

[PN]
Members
239 posts
16,026 battles
20 minutes ago, rutilius83 said:

how are you getting the same ship? if it rolls a ship you have you get a new ship roll. did you sell the ship you picked up? i picked up 9 ships this time and only 2 were new to me the rest popped super containers because it rolled a dup and game my another ship. so i end up with 9 premium ships that i never had. i also never get rid of any premium ship so it will keep dropping new to me ships. 

I have the Krasny.. had it at the beginning of the Christmas season.  I've bought a few bundles here and there but have had multiple boxes open with the same ship inside and while I get the credits for the ship, i'm wondering why it's always the same ship. There are no supercontainers dropping instead. In fact I bought a bundle of 20 3$ containers this morning and it dropped 2 Krasnys. Granted I got the doubloons, but why would it not at least try to opt for a different selection at that point unless it's coded to stop at the lowest tier doubloon value?

[TASC]
Members
294 posts
7,953 battles
3 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

I have the Krasny.. had it at the beginning of the Christmas season.  I've bought a few bundles here and there but have had multiple boxes open with the same ship inside and while I get the credits for the ship, i'm wondering why it's always the same ship. There are no supercontainers dropping instead. In fact I bought a bundle of 20 3$ containers this morning and it dropped 2 Krasnys. Granted I got the doubloons, but why would it not at least try to opt for a different selection at that point unless it's coded to stop at the lowest tier doubloon value?

i swear in the blog post they said you couldn't get a dup that it would re roll for a different ship. that is what has been going on for me. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,300 battles
3 minutes ago, Ariokk said:

If you have all eligible ships it does heavily favor you getting the least valuable of the 4 common ships in that crate size.

If you don't, you should contact customer support because those should reroll as supercontainer ships.

• Cool 1

[VW]
Members
3,046 posts
15,610 battles
1 hour ago, rutilius83 said:

i swear in the blog post they said you couldn't get a dup that it would re roll for a different ship. that is what has been going on for me. 

This means he hass all ships, why is that so hard to believe?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,747 posts
16,273 battles

I got no ships, dupes or not....

Please don't complain about free dubs. 

Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,387 battles

If you already have every ship in the drop pool it will go back to giving you KrasKrem. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles
1 hour ago, rutilius83 said:

I've seen some weird behavior between crate types:

I had all but 5 ships that were eligible for crates before I started.  (This was several weeks ago now, by the way.)

I had 20 crates of each type, Mega, Big, and Small.  I opened them in the order below.

The 20 Mega crates got me 2 duplicates, T-61 and Monaghan, so I got doubloons and captains.  I still had eligible ships.

The 20 Big crates got me Musashi, Kronshtadt, and Nueve de Julio, *then* I got an Ashitaka dupe, doubloons and captain instead of course.  Again, I still had eligible ships I hadn't received at this point.

The 20 Small crates got me Krasny Krym and Murmansk.

So, it is possible to get a duplicate ship before you run out of eligible ships to receive, but I don't know all the details past that.

I've only gotten 5 other crates since then.  I got 5 Mega boxes  gifted to me.  By then I had all the eligible ships.  Out of the 5 crates, I got Roma, twice, 13800 doubloons each, iirc, plus 2 10-point Italian captains.

Edited by mavfin87

[KP]
Members
414 posts
202 battles
5 hours ago, awiggin said:

Considering they changed the mechanics a year ago, I don't know how it's possible to get a duplicate.:Smile_amazed:

Unless you keep deleting the ship.....

I have 8 Gallant Captains from last year a Div mate has 12. This year I have 6/10 PT Monaghan Captains.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,224 posts

If you have all the ships, then I'd buy it...but why would you roll SANTA CRATES if you have all the ships?:Smile_amazed:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,224 posts
2 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

I've seen some weird behavior between crate types:

I had all but 5 ships that were eligible for crates before I started.  (This was several weeks ago now, by the way.)

I had 20 crates of each type, Mega, Big, and Small.  I opened them in the order below.

The 20 Mega crates got me 2 duplicates, T-61 and Monaghan, so I got doubloons and captains.  I still had eligible ships.

The 20 Big crates got me Musashi, Kronshtadt, and Nueve de Julio, *then* I got an Ashitaka dupe, doubloons and captain instead of course.  Again, I still had eligible ships I hadn't received at this point.

The 20 Small crates got me Krasny Krym and Murmansk.

So, it is possible to get a duplicate ship before you run out of eligible ships to receive, but I don't know all the details past that.

I've only gotten 5 other crates since then.  I got 5 Mega boxes  gifted to me.  By then I had all the eligible ships.  Out of the 5 crates, I got Roma, twice, 13800 doubloons each, iirc, plus 2 10-point Italian captains.

So after all the talk about changing it so you couldn't get a duplicate, they quietly changed it back? :Smile_facepalm:

Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,387 battles

So, I believe this is roughly how it works.

The presents have a pre-defined common ship drop pool aside from the Supercontainer. You can tell the difference of these from normal Supercontainers in that the box they come in looks like a present rather than a supercontainer. Like so:

olpqJsj.png

If you already own all the common ship drops, then the super-container replacement should technically occur, i.e. if I have all of these ships I should start getting Alabama and so on, with no duplicates.

HOWEVER, if I were to buy 20 boxes before I unlocked all these common ships, I could potentially get 2 or 3 of the same common drops in that set of 20 boxes, because of a some technicality of which I am not fully aware.

After this set of 20, it should start giving me Supercontainers for ships I don't have if I pull one of these common ship drops, until I have all supercontainer ship drops.

At this point, true super container drops will become a random ship from the ship pool, but common ship container drops become stuff like Krasny Krem and Nueve de Julio again.

THEORETICALLY, you could sell a T8 premium ship of your choice and buy 20 boxes in hopes of getting a pair of duplicates, but this is much riskier due to the following, if it even works...

1. You don't get any premium ships out of 20, worst luck, now you're out of a T8 premium ship and have a bunch of credits. Maybe you could put in a ticket for a buyback :|

2. You get one premium ship out of 20, oof, you broke even but technically one of your boxes gave you credits rather than doubloons.

3. You get two or more premium ships out of 20, which means you get (ship - 1)x doubloon value and ship credit value out of a box

Based on my rough math attempting to farm for more doubloons.

29% you lose premium ship.

37% you break even and get your ship back

34% you get ahead and get bonus ship doubloons