You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

PSA on credit-earning missions: they are all based on gross earnings before costs.

12 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
13,592 posts
8,775 battles

So even if you take your Des Moines out for a 100K credit battle and then get savaged for 200K of repair and ammo costs, you will still be listed as having made 100,000 credits.

• Cool 1

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,588 posts
18,043 battles

4617 Battles and you just noticed that?

• Cool 3

[TASC]
Members
296 posts
7,973 battles

wasn't high on the list of things to check maybe. i never did, i just waited till the mission was done and moved on. 

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
17 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

He knows that, but people have been asking about it for the Directive IV missions next week.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/176904-psa-snowflakes-steel-coal-prinz-eitel-friedrich-info/

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
18 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Yes he did Dude. He’s telling the newer people on this board who don’t realize that. 13026 battles and you just noticed that?

• Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,592 posts
8,775 battles
49 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

People kept asking in multiple threads, even making their own to ask. Better just to put it out there.

[TDG]
Members
1,668 posts
8,856 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

People kept asking in multiple threads, even making their own to ask. Better just to put it out there.

And thanks for doing so.  The phreak-out over the Directive IV missions is just getting started.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,592 posts
8,775 battles
28 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

The phreak-out over the Directive IV missions is just getting started.

I think you mean restarted. There were people flipping out over this the minute the directives became public knowledge, but they were mostly the plan-ahead types like @Kizarvexis and me (to name just a couple).

The great mass of players who take these things as they come, however, is another matter. They indeed are just beginning to realise what lies ahead. Also, let me fix one small typo for you...

34 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

the Directive IV mission6

There. 

[TDG]
Members
1,668 posts
8,856 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu, you might be right.  I am by no means implying that there isn't just cause.  Also, y'all are thinking ahead and properly assess the effort, but it is not going to be a shock as you have been aware from the start.

I expect most have not looked at what is coming, so they will be getting it all at once (and together).  I expect a minor explosion when they click through the notices and see the requirement.

mission6: I will I had thought of that.

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles

10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think you mean restarted. There were people flipping out over this the minute the directives became public knowledge, but they were mostly the plan-ahead types like @Kizarvexis and me (to name just a couple).

The great mass of players who take these things as they come, however, is another matter. They indeed are just beginning to realise what lies ahead. Also, let me fix one small typo for you...

45 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

the Directive IV mission6

There. 

There are three to four levels to the event setup, depending on the event. So Directive IV is just Directive IV.

Mission is the very basic part and you need to complete a certain number of them to complete the next higher part, Directive.

You complete Directives by completing a certain number of missions from that Directive. Even if the next Directive(s) is already available, you must complete the Directives in order from the first. Directives can drop daily or weekly.

You will have a certain number of Directives in a Stage. Stages can be weekly or over a whole patch, but sometimes there is no reward to complete a Stage beyond getting the rewards from Missions and Directives. Other times, completing all the Directives gives a reward, which could be considered a Stage reward. The Stage ends when it's time period ends, but whether or not a Stage will have a reward varies by event. The Hall of Fame is based on completing all the Directives in a Stage to start earning Hall of Fame points. The Hall of Fame starts when the last Directive is made available and lasts until the Stage ends.

Some events will have multiple Stages across multiple patches. There is no requirement to complete Stages beyond getting the rewards from Missions, Directives and Stages if the event has Stage rewards. Some will use a temp currency to keep track of final rewards. 

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,592 posts
8,775 battles
12 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I am by no means implying that there isn't just cause.

Oh, I think there's very just cause. There's probably a whole lot of people who've been blowing Wyvern and other credit flags buying back ships for snowflake who will be in a godawful predicament when they realise what's coming.

1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Mission is the very basic part

I know. My joke was "Mission to the sixth power", because anyone trying to win the PEF for free has to do it six times, and an exponent rather than a multiplier to reference the fact that in many people's opinion it's a disproportionate grind.

[PVE]
Members
16,228 posts
10,762 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I know. My joke was "Mission to the sixth power", because anyone trying to win the PEF for free has to do it six times, and an exponent rather than a multiplier to reference the fact that in many people's opinion it's a disproportionate grind.

It's too early for Maths. :Smile_teethhappy: