You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kiwi1960

So many do NOT want the CV rework.

276 comments in this topic

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts

Even the CC's are starting to say its going to be a big mistake... How can WoWs claim the "rework" is popular?

• Cool 12
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8

[WOLF7]
Members
12,225 posts
2 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Even the CC's are starting to say its going to be a big mistake... How can WoWs claim the "rework" is popular?

Cause reasons....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

They need it for Consoles so deal with it. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
4,000 battles
4 minutes ago, kiwi1960 said:

Shareholders don't care?

• Cool 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Shareholders don't care?

They should be more concerned about the customers, namely, US. Shareholders TAKE money, We GIVE money, it may be a case of us being uhappy then we stop giving money to WoWs and THAT might make the shareholders a little bit miffed.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Better than not being able to access the xbox 1, PS4 and switch market share.

[HINON]
Members
11,443 posts

I want the rework as do others. It's not a one sided issue. Some players are for it, others oppose it, some are in the middle with caveats etc.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
7,556 posts
12,807 battles

Rework kinda looks crap, but, it can't be worse the skycancer we already have. 

• Cool 11
  • Angry 1

Members
2,360 posts
80 battles

Stop riding on the Mass Hysteria train.

Did you remember back then during the commander skill rework, when everybody is whooping about Radio Location, on how "it will kill DD gameplay completely" and how "every ship is going to take it to counter DDs"? Did you remember how even CCs like Flamu, Notser and the like went on commenting how "it will drastically change DD gameplay"?  Look what happened.

Did you remember when Asashio was introduced into the game? Did you remember all the wailing and gnashing of teeth from BB playere because "this single DD will make BBs unplayable"? Look what happened.

I suggest you take a "wait and see" approach to this debacle. The current hysteria has drowned the reasonable voices for the CV rework.

• Cool 25
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,906 posts

Total change in an entire interface mode and a complete wreck of a new AA system... but it's "hysteria" to respond with anything but total support.  Everyone with concerns should wait until it's too late to make any changes beyond number tweaks.

Right.

:Smile_facepalm:

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
4,000 battles
16 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

You say that now...

3 being allowed per team. Hurts to think about.

Members
1,497 posts
10,006 battles

I'm just gonna come out and say it, I don't care about the re-work...I just want CV's removed period. That's my 2 cents, and if the re-work makes it worse for non CV players to gain enjoyment in the game, then my wallet marches on to something else. 

• Cool 16
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,771 posts
4,839 battles

I'm in the middle ground. I don't care what happen to cv rework. That coming from someone has a midway cv. if they want to refund some exp to free exp, that fine

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
4,000 battles
3 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Total change in an entire interface mode and a complete wreck of a new AA system... but it's "hysteria" to respond with anything but total support.  Everyone with concerns should wait until it's too late to make any changes beyond number tweaks.

Right.

:Smile_facepalm:

Making changes to an already broken system by introducing another broken system and then asking the player base to beta test it. I don't know what they are expecting.

If they are using the PTS as a glorified sneak peek they should just call it the sneak peek server or something and dispel this "testing" myth because all it does is confuse people into thinking that what they say and do there even matters really.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,906 posts
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

Making changes to an already broken system by introducing another broken system and then asking the player base to beta test it. I don't know what they are expecting.

If they are using the PTS as a glorified sneak peek they should just call it the sneak peek server or something and dispel this "testing" myth because all it does is confuse people into thinking that what they say and do there even matters really.

I think they made the slight mistake of running the PTS during the holidays, with +200% daily bonus, free premium time, and multiple intensely grindy events going on all at once.  They were never going to get big numbers on PTS at that point, and indeed the numbers seemed smaller than normal to me by several hundred fewer players logged in to PTS than I'd typically see at its peak. 

They really need to put the patch date off by month and run at least one more iteration of the PTS when things are closer to normal on the live servers.

• Cool 2

Members
4,139 posts
15,461 battles
27 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Anything can get worse. Especially in online games.

• Cool 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,906 posts
33 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Don't issue challenges to the video game gods that you don't want answered in spades.  :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 3

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,906 posts
2 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Kongo said:

I want the rework.

But I want the rework to work.

Capeesh?

I'd think that would be a key qualifier even for those who absolutely support the rework.

What we're seeing instead is a certain hardcore group of "no matter what" supporters dismiss any concern, criticism, or suggestion as "you must want the rework to fail" or "you never wanted the rework to succeed in the first place" or "you've always been opposed so we can't trust you" -- sometimes even directed at people who vocally supported the rework at the start. 

Or "it has to succeed, so just wait and see and everything will be fine".

• Cool 2

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Played the PTS and the best the CV main can do is attack one ship at a time but a skill CV main will murder any lone bad AA ship so the best we can do to protect ourselves is sail with other ships, get good AA ships or buff your AA as much as you can.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
21,714 posts
19,957 battles

You guys expecting CVs to get pulled this far into the game's existence may as well pray for World Peace in real life.  Because both aren't going to happen anytime soon.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,747 posts
3,893 battles
1 hour ago, kiwi1960 said:

It’s called propaganda my friend and they have been doing it for years now. This is shaping up to be similar to update Rubicon for world of warships. Rubicon was a disaster of an update nuff said. Now to be constructive I propose another public test cycle and then CV rework release in late February/Early March to statisfy the needs of both parties the players and Wargaming.Let’s use our heads thank you.

@Radar_X @Notser

Alpha Tester
6,018 posts
2,913 battles

I'm fine with the rework. What concerns me is Notser's video showing how neutered AA will be.

[5D]
Members
2,921 posts
18,080 battles

Yeah like the CC's never incorrectly over-react to things...just going to drop that RPF is going to break the game hysteria as exhibit A.

• Cool 3

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

I though I heard AA is only nerf for the PTS and then it's back to normal in the live server?