You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LCPL4ever

Personal best in OP Dynamo for AA kills

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
300 posts
5,936 battles

Dang if I had superintendent I could've taken down more.  Stars aligned and the rest of the ships weren't AA heavy, but 108 downed is great.

2019-01-03 20_46_29-World of Warships.png

Edited by LCPL4ever
added video
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
381 posts
7,862 battles

I don't think I ever got more than 85 planes/14 boats in one game. Wasn't enough to get a single star though, so only a few 100 xp

Members
178 posts
3,473 battles

Man

Most ive gotten in Sims is 30ish, thats just upgrade and flags... need a capt w skills specifically for this i reckon

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

That’s hilarious.  I got 40ish with my C-hull AA spec’d Mahan and thought that was pretty good.

Were you all alone out east?

[WOLF2]
Members
300 posts
5,936 battles
3 minutes ago, galspanic said:

That’s hilarious.  I got 40ish with my C-hull AA spec’d Mahan and thought that was pretty good.

Were you all alone out east?

Nope I stuck with the group and was alt+clicking like a mad man. I wish I had SI, would've done more with another DefAA consumable

[RLGN]
Members
11,499 posts
20,433 battles
18 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

Nope I stuck with the group and was alt+clicking like a mad man. I wish I had SI, would've done more with another DefAA consumable

Going full AA is for the best anyway, since the RAF ‘support’ is about as useful as a ‘chef’ getting cursed out by Gordon Ramsey.

[TDRB]
Members
3,092 posts
9,355 battles
1 hour ago, Schnauzahpowahz said:

Man

Most ive gotten in Sims is 30ish, thats just upgrade and flags... need a capt w skills specifically for this i reckon

I'm using my AA build Atlanta captain on my Sims. He's up to 13 points now. It does make a difference.

[TDRB]
Members
3,092 posts
9,355 battles
4 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Nice. Now try with a tech tree ship...

From what I've seen on the forum the Farragut & Mahan are excellent for zapping planes in Operation Dynamo. I had not started the US DD line so I also purchased the Sims. I do not believe the premium gives any advantage.

[RLGN]
Members
11,499 posts
20,433 battles
14 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

C-hull Fara?

11 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I'm using my AA build Atlanta captain on my Sims. He's up to 13 points now. It does make a difference.

I wish I could USE Atlanta; and also that you could counter-battery the shore guns.

Members
689 posts
5,656 battles
2 hours ago, LCPL4ever said:

Dang if I had superintendent I could've taken down more.  Stars aligned and the rest of the ships weren't AA heavy, but 108 downed is great.

2019-01-03 20_46_29-World of Warships.png

Might I suggest to you....

"Manual AA Atlanta in Hermes"

unknown.png

Members
689 posts
5,656 battles
34 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

From what I've seen on the forum the Farragut & Mahan are excellent for zapping planes in Operation Dynamo. I had not started the US DD line so I also purchased the Sims. I do not believe the premium gives any advantage.

Sims uses the Fletcher AA guns. Stack up all your skills and you're looking at something like 400 AA DPS at 7.2km on your focused squad.

image.thumb.png.3f445f77aee86b4cd0e841a864ac4094.png

[EGIRL]
Members
584 posts
5,551 battles

Someone took their Sims (in a four man Div) and sat in the coveted corner with no AA competition.  I've had 80+ plus games in the past, but it's hard to get other Sims to bugger off when it's plane killin' time.  Congrats!  I suspect 8.0 will make these marks stand for eternity...  

[NGAGE]
Members
3,686 posts
8,778 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Going full AA is for the best anyway, since the RAF ‘support’ is about as useful as a ‘chef’ getting cursed out by Gordon Ramsey.

Heh.

I normally try to let the allied fighters die; otherwise they reduce your plane kills significantly.

With randoms it's easier to get high numbers because almost always someone triggers the penalty squads which you can farm really easily if they don't go after you.

Nice work though OP. I don't think I've broken 100 yet (lots in the 90s).

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,395 posts

Good Job. I went out just now and did fairly poorly. However, the team as a whole all survived and got 5 stars. One guy in a Monaghan was deadly accurate. He must play this scenario a lot.

shot-19_01.03_23_27.33-0002.jpg.8138be35f5e555c0a073a349fd7efcd7.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF2]
Members
300 posts
5,936 battles
7 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

My previous best was in the Mahan, got like 50 or 60, don't remember and cant find the screenshot.

6 hours ago, Uber_Ghost said:

Someone took their Sims (in a four man Div) and sat in the coveted corner with no AA competition.  I've had 80+ plus games in the past, but it's hard to get other Sims to bugger off when it's plane killin' time.  Congrats!  I suspect 8.0 will make these marks stand for eternity...  

No I didn't, watch the replay.  I stayed with the team.  The only person I division with is my best friend on the weekends

2019-01-03 20_46_45-World of Warshipsc.png

[WOLF2]
Members
300 posts
5,936 battles
6 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Sims uses the Fletcher AA guns. Stack up all your skills and you're looking at something like 400 AA DPS at 7.2km on your focused squad.

image.thumb.png.3f445f77aee86b4cd0e841a864ac4094.png

Yep, those fletcher guns are crazy good.  I only had a 10 point commander to play with, so I don't even have last stand on lol.  I wanted DefAA back up asap, so I used the flags as well, and focused on AA.  AFT would bump up the range, but I thought the ManAA was better because the planes are so close often

kappa commander.png

[ARMDG]
[ARMDG]
Members
788 posts
3,298 battles

I'm about to create a thread for personal bests for Schnellboot kills. I don't really care for planes.

Edited by destawaits

[WOLF2]
Members
300 posts
5,936 battles
18 minutes ago, destawaits said:

I'm about to create a thread for personal bests for Schnellboot kills. I don't really care for planes.

So far most is 20 with the Blys

[ARMDG]
[ARMDG]
Members
788 posts
3,298 battles
7 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

So far most is 20 with the Blys

You haven't beaten me yet

Edited by destawaits
  • Cool 1