Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Counter_Gambit

Second Ship from Santa Crate

24 comments in this topic

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,601 posts
5,742 battles

Nice haul.

I got a Monaghan (bad), and T61 (great) from 45 crates total. The Santa crates this year have had awful ship drop rates. I'll probably just save my money next year.

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,831 battles
15 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Nice haul.

I got a Monaghan (bad), and T61 (great) from 45 crates total. The Santa crates this year have had awful ship drop rates. I'll probably just save my money next year.

Why is the Monaghan bad?

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,831 battles
51 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

9pW5FW7.png

Australian ingenuity? Did you hear, Australia doesn't exist, and is all part of the globe conspiracy... (NO, I am not a Flat Earther).

[PRVTR]
[PRVTR]
Beta Testers
229 posts
5,212 battles

Me either- 20 mega boxes and no ships but a lot of gold, camo, flags, and premium time. Last Christmas boxes I bought got me 5 new premium ships. 

[HELLS]
Members
2,278 posts
21,623 battles

Okhotnik, Duca Degli Abruzzi, Monaghan and T61 from premium (purchased 3 blocks of 5) Santa crates, plus 4,000 doubloons and a ton of cammos and flags, Mutsu, Murmansk and Anshan from free in-game crates, plus 50 doubloons and 28,000 coal. Crapshoot indeed!! I bought my LottoMax 50 million ticket for Saturday's drawing just in case....one never knows!!

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
3,999 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Don't mind the graphical error. I got a free ship. Perth.
20190103193214_1.thumb.jpg.f7c0b4697e910de8860de1e02b6fae4e.jpg

Grats!

I've never gotten a ship before. Hope to some day.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,601 posts
5,742 battles
25 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Why is the Monaghan bad?

I've only had a handful of games with Monaghan so this is very much a first impression. But I find that Monaghan is trying to be 2 things with it's hull choices, and fails at both. For me at least it's a ship desperately in need of a purpose in life.

A hull: It's a Farragut with 4/5 of the guns... If I wanted to play a Farragut, I'd just get a Farragut and the B hull for better dakka.

B hull: This is Monaghan trying to be a torpedo boat, but imho the problem is that she's not very good at it. The TRB only reduces reload to 30 seconds so Monaghan can't launch walls of skill. And the torps themselves are too damn slow. At tier 6 there are a number of ships which do the torpedo boat job far better: T61, Gallant, Shinonome, all of which I have. And those can actually defend themselves since they have double or triple the guns.

Members
3,769 posts
4,088 battles
2 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Okhotnik, Duca Degli Abruzzi, Monaghan and T61 from premium (purchased 3 blocks of 5) Santa crates, plus 4,000 doubloons and a ton of cammos and flags, Mutsu, Murmansk and Anshan from free in-game crates, plus 50 doubloons and 28,000 coal. Crapshoot indeed!! I bought my LottoMax 50 million ticket for Saturday's drawing just in case....one never knows!!

Yeah, that's some pretty great luck. I've still only won the Anshan thus far.

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,831 battles
9 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I've only had a handful of games with Monaghan so this is very much a first impression. But I find that Monaghan is trying to be 2 things with it's hull, and fails at both. For me at least it's a ship desperately in need of a purpose in life.

A hull: It's a Farragut with 4/5 of the guns... If I wanted to play a Farragut, I'd just get a Farragut and the B hull for better dakka.

B hull: This is Monaghan trying to be a torpedo boat, but imho the problem is that she's not very good at it. The TRB only reduces reload to 30 seconds so Monaghan can't launch walls of skill. And the torps themselves are too damn slow. At tier 6 there are a number of ships which do the torpedo boat job far better: T61, Gallant, Shinonome, all of which I have. And those can actually defend themselves since they have double or triple the guns.

damn. That does suck.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,748 posts
10,929 battles
2 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

Lucky, I haven't gotten a single ship out of the 15 I bought and the free ones I've earned.

Don't feel bad. That's all I get too. Cammo and flags

Members
738 posts
4,176 battles
1 hour ago, crookytweet said:

Me either- 20 mega boxes and no ships but a lot of gold, camo, flags, and premium time. Last Christmas boxes I bought got me 5 new premium ships. 

You cant get premium time.

[5IN]
Supertester
2,037 posts
9,629 battles

Perth is a fun ship... soft, but if you play it right, very deadly.

I bought 20 mega crates on New Years Day and my second to last was a Prinz Eugen.  I always wanted it, but not badly enough to buy it via other means.  Now my Bismarck has a slip mate in my port:Smile_Default:

B

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,831 battles
3 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Perth is a fun ship... soft, but if you play it right, very deadly.

I bought 20 mega crates on New Years Day and my second to last was a Prinz Eugen.  I always wanted it, but not badly enough to buy it via other means.  Now my Bismarck has a slip mate in my port:Smile_Default:

B

it is a fun ship, even though I am still learning cruiser play (despite having Worcester... I still have lots to learn). Until I get better at cruiser play, this ship won't reach its potential with me. But hey, another ship for the 4,000,000 Credit mission next week.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,042 posts
4,459 battles

The Perth is great. Just get IFHE asap then CE. Find a nice place to park, smoke up and rain HE down on all dah tings. If any of those wankers try to get cheeky with you, torp them in face pow!

Also pick up the double catapult plane perk as well. If you pimp it out with Smoke Gen Mod, Hydro duration mod and spotter plane mod it's even better.

1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

That's disappointing was hopping to pick it up cheap for some Torp memes... Guess not.

Edited by Stand_Alone97

Members
1,252 posts
6,944 battles

Bought 5 medium boxes today and got the DoY and Hood. Not bad for a little more than $12.

[NFW]
Members
49 posts
1,107 battles

Soooooo.... I got drunk on New Years.

Ended up with Might Mo, Belfast, Kutuzof, that tier 9 Russian cruiser and well... everything in the banner add and a lot more.

Don't ask how much I spent :P

Edited by Algraxa

[NWNG]
Members
2,940 posts
4,831 battles
31 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

The Perth is great. Just get IFHE asap then CE. Find a nice place to park, smoke up and rain HE down on all dah tings. If any of those wankers try to get cheeky with you, torp them in face pow!

Also pick up the double catapult plane perk as well. If you pimp it out with Smoke Gen Mod, Hydro duration mod and spotter plane mod it's even better.

That's disappointing was hopping to pick it up cheap for some Torp memes... Guess not.

hmm... interesting build that I'll have to try.

Members
4,137 posts
15,461 battles
3 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Don't mind the graphical error. I got a free ship. Perth.
20190103193214_1.thumb.jpg.f7c0b4697e910de8860de1e02b6fae4e.jpg

Grats! Perth is a damn gud bote. :cap_like:

[WMD]
Members
996 posts
7,540 battles

I got Roma tonight from the last santa box in Steel Monsters. The campaign was well worth it before the free T8 premium! 

Sign in to follow this