You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

purchased bump up value

11 comments in this topic

Members
136 posts
2,857 battles

If u purchased a lvl 7 ship and u did not put any extras/upgrades on it what would the real lvl of that ship be in the lvl chart? we know its better then a lvl 7 ship but how much more do u think it might be???

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,073 battles
1 minute ago, crickethunter_brown said:

If u purchased a lvl 7 ship and u did not put any extras/upgrades on it what would the real lvl of that ship be in the lvl chart? we know its better then a lvl 7 ship but how much more do u think it might be???

It would be a 7

• Cool 1

Members
4,818 posts
7,978 battles

If you mean tiers - it does not change when you put  things on it.  It is still a tier 7 with - better stuff on it.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,869 posts
8,834 battles

A tech tree ship without any upgrades is somewhere about tier below the tier purchased.  So, if you buy T7 ship and don't have any upgrades on it when you take it out, you are probably going to be driving a ship similar to a fully upgraded T6, Once fully upgraded, you will be driving a real T7.  It's the same for all tiers except T10.  T10 come with all the upgrades, except for a few of the different torp options on some of the DDs.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,505 posts
17,953 battles

@crickethunter_brown a ship with no upgrades nor extras would be tier # - with all the upgrades, bonus flags and a 19 point Captain it would be tier # +! In either case a tier 7 is a tier 7!

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,538 posts
6,974 battles
1 hour ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Yes

[NMKJT]
Members
3,812 posts

Just as a historical note WG tried that in tanks long ago, with upgrades having tiers and influencing the matchmaker. It was a big unmanageable mess and they gave it up and never tried it again in any title.

T7 is T7 regardless of upgrades. 

Members
136 posts
2,857 battles

ok we are talking about a purchased ship now not a basic ship in generial, so a Cleveland lvl 8 (a basic ship) and a purchased lvl 8 cr they are going to have the same numbers??? they will shoot the same distance? the hit numbers when u fire (providing u both aim the same) will be the same as the Cleveland the turning speed turret speed are all the same (ps I am aware that these are all different in the basic ship too) but if the ships are the same in what I will call all catagories then why are u players buying them??? you say they are better because they (have more guns they have better aiming speed armor damage numbers) so then they are not a true lvl 8 ship right!!! then what lvl with the better stuff I listed would the purchased ship be??? Is it really a lvl 9 ship marked as a lvl 8?? just asking? do u guys buy them because of there name? are u buying a lvl 8 purchased ship that is just like a lvl 8 basic ship I mean u can if u want but why would you?? u want to get a advantage right??? How much of a higher advantage is that ship do u think?????

PS. all Im tring to figure out is if im going against the skernhurst (I do not know the spelling and I kinda sure its a purchased ship) with a basic same lvl bb how much more disadvantage do I have to make up...

[BOTO]
Members
693 posts
11,269 battles
14 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

ok we are talking about a purchased ship now not a basic ship in generial, so a Cleveland lvl 8 (a basic ship) and a purchased lvl 8 cr they are going to have the same numbers??? they will shoot the same distance? the hit numbers when u fire (providing u both aim the same) will be the same as the Cleveland the turning speed turret speed are all the same (ps I am aware that these are all different in the basic ship too) but if the ships are the same in what I will call all catagories then why are u players buying them??? you say they are better because they (have more guns they have better aiming speed armor damage numbers) so then they are not a true lvl 8 ship right!!! then what lvl with the better stuff I listed would the purchased ship be??? Is it really a lvl 9 ship marked as a lvl 8?? just asking? do u guys buy them because of there name? are u buying a lvl 8 purchased ship that is just like a lvl 8 basic ship I mean u can if u want but why would you?? u want to get a advantage right??? How much of a higher advantage is that ship do u think?????

PS. all Im tring to figure out is if im going against the skernhurst (I do not know the spelling and I kinda sure its a purchased ship) with a basic same lvl bb how much more disadvantage do I have to make up...

I hope I'm parsing this correctly.  No, just because two ships are from the same Tier doesn't mean they'll have the same specifications.  Same tier ships will have different strengths and weaknesses, different consumables, etc.  I suggest you look at the Wiki:  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships