You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Major_HardTicket

Potato it is!

22 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
Members
78 posts
3,252 battles

Laugh, throw your insults, beat me down into the ground like the potato I am! But this is why myself, and many others  in game are, or have, grown sooo tired of it! There's something going on with this game that only a select few seem to benefit from! The match before this one was in my Baltimore, with radar active, and a Yamato on the other side of an island, 5 to 6 kms away but never got detected, until I rounded the corner of the island and ate a full salvo from him!!! and then this match...PATHETIC! 55 AP's for 14,350 dmg (avg of 290 per shell)... lmbo...9 hits on the Balt for "0" dmg, and the other 2 ships with "0" dmg were 4 hits each!!!

Inkedshot-19_01.03_15_35.09-0957_LI.thumb.jpg.1c0eab5b035f66eccd5d0c13a19ea4e9.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,509 battles

Fire more HE? I mean if you don't at least learn the basics of the game why even bother complaining, since you don't seem care enough to improve.

• Cool 6

[FGNE]
Members
627 posts
3,208 battles

So, you hit a saturated section on the Baltimore... or your AP shells ricocheted..

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,509 battles
Just now, CO_Valle said:

So, you hit a saturated section on the Baltimore... or your AP shells ricocheted..

Looking at the ships he managed to hit, I'd say he bounced most of them. Especially if you consider that he probably didn't live long enough to find a ship that was damaged saturated. 

• Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
3,081 posts
9,314 battles

There's something going on with this game that only a select few seem to benefit from!

That ^^^^^^ is a tin foil conspiracy theory. Yes, many will want to micro analyze a reply and point out you aimed one or two rivets off. However, there have been several, including me, complaining about the BB's gunnery performance since 7.11 went live. The number of overpens on other BB's & cruisers has increased several times over as have the number of ricochets & non-pens while pens & citadels have fallen to a very small percentage.

[TDG]
Members
1,662 posts
8,807 battles

What are you driving?

It has torpedoes as you launched 12 of them.

Since all you fired was AP, the 4 zero damage on the NC is quite normal for anything in the game.

Since I don't think this was a BB, the 9 zero damage against the Baltimore can be explained by angling.

The 4 on the Kagero depends greatly on what your guns are.  However, they could still be angling and/or module hits (which also show as zero damage).

[RC_MP]
[RC_MP]
Members
520 posts
15,312 battles
19 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

my Baltimore, with radar active, and a Yamato on the other side of an island, 5 to 6 kms away but never got detected

Are you sure it was radar? Hydro is not the same as radar.

20 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

PATHETIC! 55 AP's for 14,350 dmg (avg of 290 per shell)... lmbo...9 hits on the Balt for "0" dmg, and the other 2 ships with "0" dmg were 4 hits each!!!

Generally, use AP on broadside cruisers and battleships. For everything else, fire HE. WG has a "how-to" video series on how shells work.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,073 battles
29 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

Laugh, throw your insults, beat me down into the ground like the potato I am! But this is why myself, and many others  in game are, or have, grown sooo tired of it!

youve grown so tired of it that you came here to tell us about it and then still go back and play and then after you fire 600 ap shells at and angled ship you will come back and tell us how tired you are

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,509 battles

I AGREE! THE SYSTEM UNFAIRLY  BENEFITS PLAYERS WHO SHOW AT LEAST SOME UNDERSTANDING OF GAME MECHANICS! and punishes those without a clue....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,736 posts
12,161 battles

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,700 posts
23,947 battles
54 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

Laugh, throw your insults, beat me down into the ground like the potato I am! But this is why myself, and many others  in game are, or have, grown sooo tired of it! There's something going on with this game that only a select few seem to benefit from! The match before this one was in my Baltimore, with radar active, and a Yamato on the other side of an island, 5 to 6 kms away but never got detected, until I rounded the corner of the island and ate a full salvo from him!!! and then this match...PATHETIC! 55 AP's for 14,350 dmg (avg of 290 per shell)... lmbo...9 hits on the Balt for "0" dmg, and the other 2 ships with "0" dmg were 4 hits each!!!

Inkedshot-19_01.03_15_35.09-0957_LI.thumb.jpg.1c0eab5b035f66eccd5d0c13a19ea4e9.jpg

That gives Baltimore a bad name. 

[SFROG]
Members
17 posts
4,352 battles

If you were in a Baltimore, where did those 12 torpedoes come from?:cap_wander:

Furthermore, the 1023 damage on a Kagero seems oddly familiar. I may be wrong, but that seems like the damage value for a British Cruiser. However, a Kagero bounced your shells, which I think is nearly impossible. At this point, you are either driving a DD. At that tier, only the Akizuki and Kagero have Quad Mounted Torpedoes. Akizuki's 100mm guns do not have enough penetration at range to penetrate most cruiser armor and is also easily bounced by other DDs. If you were in a Kagero and shooting AP, then there is a reason why the game favors some players more than others: understanding of the game mechanics.

[WOLF2]
Members
420 posts
7,444 battles
1 hour ago, Minecraft11100 said:

If you were in a Baltimore, where did those 12 torpedoes come from?:cap_wander:

Furthermore, the 1023 damage on a Kagero seems oddly familiar. I may be wrong, but that seems like the damage value for a British Cruiser. However, a Kagero bounced your shells, which I think is nearly impossible. At this point, you are either driving a DD. At that tier, only the Akizuki and Kagero have Quad Mounted Torpedoes. Akizuki's 100mm guns do not have enough penetration at range to penetrate most cruiser armor and is also easily bounced by other DDs. If you were in a Kagero and shooting AP, then there is a reason why the game favors some players more than others: understanding of the game mechanics.

He's describing two games, pic is from the 2nd. He's probably in a dd shooting AP

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,786 posts
7,767 battles
8 hours ago, Major_HardTicket said:

There's something going on with this game that only a select few seem to benefit from!

You are onto something here, but not in the way you believe.

A lot of the actions in-game follow specific rules, have specific calculations and deliver predictable results. Those who know and understand said rules and calculations, which as I should mention are publically available for example on the WoWs Wiki, will be able to gain an advantage over those who are oblivious to them.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
8 hours ago, Major_HardTicket said:

My brain hurts.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,736 posts
12,161 battles
13 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

My brain hurts.

giphy.gif

[O_S_D]
Members
78 posts
3,252 battles

Yea same typical insults from the peanut gallery...However, a couple constructive replies so that's good! thanks! (at least some of you have the decency to reply appropriately, without the insults or demeaning words, and with a helpful attitude, which is greatly appreciated)...

FWIW, I was in a Fiji, and at 1 point the Balt., who had 3/4 health remaining,  was broadside when taking 1 of my salvos, so saturation shouldn't have been a problem! 

As for game mechanics and my level of game knowledge, I might not be able to tell you the muzzle velocity of every type of shell in the game but I do read, I watch, I learn, and for the most part , I understand  etc etc...I do like the game, I do want to learn more and get better at it,  I'm not striving to  "Git Gud"  like all you Unicom Gods that have more posts in these forums than battles in the game, but getting results like this the majority of the time, it kinda stinks and gives you that "somethings fishy" kinda feeling!!!! Anyway, back to the game and hopefully "Git Gudder" than I was yesterday! Happy trails...oops, I mean Fair seas to y'all 

• Boring 3

Beta Testers
3,323 posts
13,078 battles
On 1/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, Major_HardTicket said:

Laugh, throw your insults, beat me down into the ground like the potato I am!

11 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

Yea same typical insults from the peanut gallery

According to the initial start of your post you are inviting these responses, now with your last post you seem upset by people doing what you asked.

There's an old saying

"Be careful what you wish for"

Edited by CriMiNaL__

[O_S_D]
Members
78 posts
3,252 battles
8 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

According to the initial start of your post you are inviting these responses, now with your last post you seem upset by people doing what you asked.

There's an old saying

"Be careful what you wish for"

Yea bud, that's because I read enough posts started by all the other "potatoes" that come here...and we all get the same responses from said "peanut gallery"...and nope, not upset at all...too old to let a "game" get my goat, well for the most part LOL...and trust me, I have much respect for the "Unicom Gods" who are equally respective towards the "potatoes"...Being a veteran, I have this saying myself, "it's not the rank on the sleeve or shoulder that deserves respect, it's the "personality" wearing it"!

Cheers

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,323 posts
13,078 battles
28 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

Yea bud, that's because I read enough posts started by all the other "potatoes" that come here...and we all get the same responses from said "peanut gallery"...and nope, not upset at all...too old to let a "game" get my goat, well for the most part LOL...and trust me, I have much respect for the "Unicom Gods" who are equally respective towards the "potatoes"...Being a veteran, I have this saying myself, "it's not the rank on the sleeve or shoulder that deserves respect, it's the "personality" wearing it"!

Cheers

The biggest issue I see with the forums is that people will rant and somewhere in there is a question, so most don't finish the post you wrote, when someone writes, "I am having an issue and need help explaining why", or can I get some help from someone, or any other form of asking without the rant, then you would get the response from those better players because they see its genuine, with no complaining attached to it.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, Major_HardTicket said:

I would like some suggestions as I do not know if its me or the game, I was in my baltimore with my radar active and there was a yammy on the other side of an island 5-6 km away, but it never got detected, has anyone else found this happening?

I don't seem to be getting the damage per number of shells using my (insert ship here) as you can see on the screen shot, any help would be appreciated.

TIA = thanks in advance

basically no rant, no complaint, and you will find you will get asked for more information and those that want to be snarky will show themselves to be [edited]

-Members-
1,640 posts
996 battles

Dear Captains,

This thread is headed down a slippery slope.

I am going to lock this thread before it gets out of hand.

Thanks!

• Cool 1