You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HMCS_Devilfish

Odd game visuals

34 comments in this topic

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles

Since the last update the game has been acting rather oddly I lowered the game settings to know effect

when firing at ships the shells are about 2/3rd of the way to the target and I’m already getting info on how many hits and if I got a fire also the shells most of the time at long range disappear just before hitting the target , no splashes no hits on ships .. nada..the game seems sluggish and ships seem to be disappearing when they shouldn’t and at times don’t become visable when firing and at other times will only render the ship slowly a bit at a time 

[FGNE]
Members
627 posts
3,208 battles

Sounds like latency to me.

[USFC]
Members
89 posts
13,764 battles

Agreed, sounds like latency to me too. I have been looking into this over the past week as I too have been experiencing almost unplayable game latency. I believe this is due to a higher than average nationwide network usage over the holidays. I went from stable 35-50ms latency to rubber-banding anywhere from 35ms-2400ms! Happens everyday and every game since about the 3rd week of December. My local hops all maintain acceptable latency and packet loss up until I hit the first Cogent backbone switch at ORD Chicago ("be2717.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com". This was the first in a series of 7 hops on the journey to "login1.worldofwarships.com". Ultimately the final hop is the only one that counts, but the average ping was now around 240ms, which is enough to make things very frustrating! Don't even get me started on packet loss!!! Hopefully if I'm right things will return to normal soon.

So know you are not alone.....

Edited by kvcaner

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
484 posts
5,000 battles

Check to see if windows is doing an update in the background, happens to me on occasion.

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
52 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

What's your ping? 

Today fps was 18 and ping was 40 the game worked good so it must be just the game is getting overwhelmed on there server

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
2 hours ago, Burt6666 said:

18 fps ????????

Yea that’s what it said.. interesting just had a game we’re shells at times were not even showing  voice was garbled FPS was 7 and ping was 46 at this point it’s not even worth playing .. no updates going on

Members
4,821 posts
7,993 battles
29 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Yea that’s what it said.. interesting just had a game we’re shells at times were not even showing  voice was garbled FPS was 7 and ping was 46 at this point it’s not even worth playing .. no updates going on

Use Pingplotter to look at the route and see if there is packetloss along the route to the servers.

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
54 minutes ago, Rickjoshi1765 said:

wow 18 fps.  How can you even look at that?  

It actually played pretty good ,  everything worked did 2 games in Worcester one win win loss but damage done was about 120,000 and 160,000

but later in the day at fps7 lost a gun fight with a DD at 9 k in Worcester with damage of about 30,000.. that’s just stupid 

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
6 hours ago, Burt6666 said:

I average 75 fps....

You lucky Sailor!! What I do now is play a very low tier ship 1-2 or 3 and see what the FPS is so I don’t mess up to bad anyway if it’s 7 or 8 I give up, if it’s 20-25 Yahoo! The game works perfectly and I can play high tier, the issue may be on my server end out of my control 

• Cool 1

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles

these are 3 screenshots the first is 35fps-ping 36ms game plays good this was last yeashot-16_01.19_21_29.30-0026.thumb.jpg.65fc424847fa3c02483add537f9daa11.jpg

today in afternoon fps 17-83 ping game played goodshot-19_01.16_14_22.06-0368.thumb.jpg.4d8035bdbb7478515d96efd422f26767.jpg

this evening the game was 8fps and 70 ms the last month about half the games are unplayable with severe lag with 8fps anything above 10 works ..anyone have ideas whats wrong,everything seems good on my end and the games go bad for no apparent reason... than good again

shot-19.01.16_22.11.41-0603.jpg

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

[HINON]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,562 posts
4,805 battles

run pingplotter and see if theres a breakdown between you and wargaming.

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
11 hours ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

run pingplotter and see if theres a breakdown between you and wargaming.

I ran pingplotter and then filed a ticket with Wows with the attached pingplotter file That I ran , have no idea how to interpret the pingplotter file

the response from Wows is they sent me a link to download an app that checks the functionality of the game on my computer so will do and will post the resolution to this problem here

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
22 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I ran pingplotter and then filed a ticket with Wows with the attached pingplotter file That I ran , have no idea how to interpret the pingplotter file

the response from Wows is they sent me a link to download an app that checks the functionality of the game on my computer so will do and will post the resolution to this problem here

So the response from Wows after running there app to look at my computer and attaching the file ,there response 

according to the WG check report the power plan was switched from balanced to high performance 

I guess there referring to my computer but I never have switched anything from balanced to high nor do I have any Idea on how to switch it back or even we’re to find it to switch it back.. Have not heard back from them yet ... any ideas

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
20 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

So the response from Wows after running there app to look at my computer and attaching the file ,there response 

according to the WG check report the power plan was switched from balanced to high performance 

I guess there referring to my computer but I never have switched anything from balanced to high nor do I have any Idea on how to switch it back or even we’re to find it to switch it back.. Have not heard back from them yet ... any ideas

Lowered the power plan to balanced plus lowere some game settings although the FPS degrades as the game progress,s at least it’s now playable 

Members
4,821 posts
7,993 battles
On 1/17/2019 at 3:23 PM, HMCS_Devilfish said:

It is not difficult - you are looking at the latency (you want low latency) and packetloss (PL% and you want none).

https://www.pingplotter.com/manual/interpretgraphsisp.html

If you see packetloss and it is true packetloss you will see the PL% get greater from hope to hop or stay the same.  If it goes from 20% and none on the next hop then it is probably not true packetloss.  If there is no response for a hop - that is ok - the hardware at the hop is not set up to respond to pings.  Pingplotter should be run for a good period of time as issues can come and go.

This is an example of high latency to the servers:

550243561_WoWs-ping1.thumb.PNG.878254d404b4dcf28f3014b10981bd8b.PNG

Edited by CylonRed

Beta Testers
1,364 posts
16,455 battles
On 1/3/2019 at 12:30 PM, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Today fps was 18 and ping was 40 the game worked good so it must be just the game is getting overwhelmed on there server

How can you possibly play with 18 fps?

Beta Testers
1,364 posts
16,455 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

How can you possibly play with 18 fps?

Generally speaking a problem with fps can be traced back to your computer graphics and a problem with your ping or latency can be traced back to your provider and the path to the server.

Members
23,686 posts
5,971 battles
53 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Lowered the power plan to balanced plus lowere some game settings although the FPS degrades as the game progress,s at least it’s now playable 

Just curious, what's your CPU, GPU, and RAM, and how old are they?

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles

I ran Pingplotter for 15 minutes and it shows that packet loss is not the issue 

the interesting thing is my internet was damaged in a wind storm and was working at 1/5 it’s normal but the game still worked but with some games with lag others not when it was repaired a month later the game was only slightly improved and some games still lag 

Like life it’s never one thing that’s gets you but a combination like computer setting somehow going to high powerplan, bad internet connection and my computer showing it’s age as the FPS starts now at 24 but by the end of the game is at times down around 10-11

[13TH]
Members
4,872 posts
8,463 battles
14 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Just curious, what's your CPU, GPU, and RAM, and how old are they?

I’m on my phone and don’t have access to that info, lots of space on computer like 50 gigs,the game used to work much better looking at some old screen shots a few years ago the FPS was 30-40 my guess is this computer is pretty much maxed out to play this game when new now it may have some graphics issues as the FPS slowly drops as the game continues

Members
23,686 posts
5,971 battles
1 hour ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I’m on my phone and don’t have access to that info, lots of space on computer like 50 gigs,the game used to work much better looking at some old screen shots a few years ago the FPS was 30-40 my guess is this computer is pretty much maxed out to play this game when new now it may have some graphics issues as the FPS slowly drops as the game continues

How about your power supply? 

AFAIK, going with a high power plan should give you the best performance, but not if your PSU isn't up to it.

You might look into replacing it. In my experience over several PCs, most components either work or they don't, except the HDD and PSU.

My second PC is 12 years old, but still does everything it is capable of doing as well as ever. But it's on its 3rd PSU, and with both PSUs I've replaced, I started having issues that got increasingly worse over time.

If it's an old PC, you can probably pick up a new PSU with sufficient power for dirt cheap. Or, if you envision upgrading at some point, start with a new PSU that can power whatever level of upgrades you're thinking of.