Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rusty_Bucket__

XP for Tier 10 Ships

11 comments in this topic

[TNG-3]
Members
614 posts
26,396 battles

When playing a tier 10 ship with a 19 point captain, is it worth it using flags and camo that generate anything other than free XP?  What would additional XP or Commander XP do for me? I find I'm saving flags and camo for lower tier ships and lower point captains. What are your thoughts on the matter?

• Cool 1

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,073 battles

If you have a 19 point commander then xp and commander xp signals will give you more elite xp at the end of the battle.  And then you can use this elite xp to upgrade your lower captains

Edited by Rickjoshi1765
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
6,916 posts
11,466 battles

Yes, 100%.  It all converts to Elite Commander XP than can be used elsewhere.

[BTD]
Members
294 posts
11,073 battles
Just now, Rusty_Bucket__ said:

Yes, good advice. Commander XP for 19 point generates Elite XP. 

Not just commander xp signals but so does XP.  suppose you did not use any commander xp signals and just xp.  Well your commander xp would be matched to what your xp is.  so if you get more xp your commander xp will be that same higher amount.  now with commander xp signals you just boost it even more.  I usually mix things up with my 19s to save some of my xp flags for grind ships but both help

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,545 posts
11,465 battles

If you have a ton of the flags and don’t need them elsewhere, as others have said, it’s great for generating Eliete Captain XP. 

Members
1,497 posts
10,006 battles

Yep, as others have said, use the commander xp flags to boost free commander xp to use on your other captains.

What I would like to add though, is that your gains in free captain xp should be used to create more 19pt captains rather than shoring up a few 10 or 14pt captains. The creation of multiple 19pt captains allows you to really skyrocket your free captain xp, to the point where it's not unusual to be sitting on 300k or more free captain xp at any given time.

My advice is to only invest into more 19pt captains.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,205 posts
7,554 battles

Commander XP = regular XP (modified by regular xp camos and signals) which is further modified by commander XP signals and camo.

If you have a 1000 xp game and have a 50% commander xp signal, your commander xp is 1500.

If you take that same game and have a 50% regular xp flag on it as well, your commander xp is 2250.

[CUTER]
Members
2,957 posts
12,250 battles

Its all about that commander XP for me.  These DDs have put out a ton of XP that I used to level captain on other ships.  Its why I have things like a 19 point Hatsuharu captain.  I only save XP heavy camos and signals like Type 59 and Red Dragon for grinding new lines.  Though at a certain point grinding is not a thing anymore, you build up so much FXP you just blow it on what ever new line you want and be done with it.  I also will use spare FXP to level captains as well if there is nothing interesting to me for a while.  No point in amassing millions of FXP IMO unless every captain on every ship is 19 points.

image.thumb.png.d20ccd00d341530d930ce53937025102.png

image.thumb.png.06fdf99d36ee255b48807ba0012a509c.png

image.thumb.png.42c1358c4b7c3823062f37662578c815.png

image.thumb.png.d2986ce690d44c1f82d02d34e4fa0365.png

[-BRS-]
Members
385 posts
19,290 battles
3 hours ago, Rusty_Bucket__ said:

When playing a tier 10 ship with a 19 point captain, is it worth it using flags and camo that generate anything other than free XP?  What would additional XP or Commander XP do for me? I find I'm saving flags and camo for lower tier ships and lower point captains. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Commanders XP is a derivative of XP.  Boosting base XP nets more Commander XP. 

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

For sure. This helps feed other captains to 19pts and so on. The more 19pt cpts you have the faster you can get more, etc...

Sign in to follow this