Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

The most popular ship

15 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
371 posts
6,411 battles

Hmmm--what's the most popular ship in Arsenal? What should I spend my coal for?

Spoiler

jfKLe3Y.jpg

It seems like there will be a lot of Salems....

Spoiler

4QWfHXg.jpg

Wow--what a surprise... who could have guessed.

• Angry 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,576 posts
8,775 battles
1 minute ago, dimzzy said:

What should I spend my coal for?

Yubari's a fun ship if you like to chill at Tier 4. :Smile_trollface:

(All jokes aside, I bought Salem for coal; I had enough FXP for Musashi.)

Members
2,356 posts
80 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I second this.

Use either your IJN cruiser or DD captain and have boatloads of fun at T4

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,611 posts
5,755 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If one is a decent shot then they can play Yubari by spamming it's super accurate guns (with Aiming Mod 0) from long range. The 'death by a thousand paper cuts' method is one I've found that works for me.

It absolutely cannot be the one taking fire, has it has no armour and is a floating citadel. Anything that can hit Yubari will penetrate her. Also forget about the torps. They're suicidal to use.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,576 posts
8,775 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

If one is a decent shot then they can play Yubari by spamming it's super accurate guns (with Aiming Mod 0) from long range.

I bought it for precisely that reason; I figured it wouldn't be a bad ship to learn to improve my shooting in, since you don't have that many barrels and your dispersion is so tight that RNG can't reward you with scatter shots. You have to be right on to do anything.

Then WG dangled so much stuff needing T5 ships and higher to win in front of me that she's mostly been a port queen, LOL. Her turning up in the Arsenal after I'd paid money for her (at about the same time as Tachi Lima was offered as a prize when I'd paid money for the original) was the supreme irony, but I feel glad for the free-to-play crowd because coal is the one thing in this game that even a Tier 1 beginner can earn if they can grind out the XP to open enough coal containers.

I will probably get back to playing her and a lot of my other low-tier ships after this patch is over and all the PEF T6+ stuff is at an end. The only thing I see myself wanting this year is Exeter, and I'm already committed to buying her unless she gets offered for a walkover grind at a time I'm not on vacation.

[WAIFU]
13,611 posts
5,755 battles
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I bought it for precisely that reason; I figured it wouldn't be a bad ship to learn to improve my shooting in, since you don't have that many barrels and your dispersion is so tight that RNG can't reward you with scatter shots. You have to be right on to do anything.

Then WG dangled so much stuff needing T5 ships and higher to win in front of me that she's mostly been a port queen, LOL. Her turning up in the Arsenal after I'd paid money for her (at about the same time as Tachi Lima was offered as a prize when I'd paid money for the original) was the supreme irony, but I feel glad for the free-to-play crowd because coal is the one thing in this game that even a Tier 1 beginner can earn if they can grind out the XP to open enough coal containers.

I will probably get back to playing her and a lot of my other low-tier ships after this patch is over and all the PEF T6+ stuff is at an end. The only thing I see myself wanting this year is Exeter, and I'm already committed to buying her unless she gets offered for a walkover grind at a time I'm not on vacation.

I learnt the hard way that Yubari must be used at long range. I bought it as a pre-order ship and played it mostly in an era when it didn't have aiming mod 0, and tier 4s would still be shot at by Fusos and Cleveland's. It was really rough as one can imagine.

Looking back, it's become a better ship to use.

Yeah I'm looking forward to Exeter too.

[-K-]
Members
6,916 posts
11,466 battles
19 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I learnt the hard way that Yubari must be used at long range. I bought it as a pre-order ship and played it mostly in an era when it didn't have aiming mod 0, and tier 4s would still be shot at by Fusos and Cleveland's. It was really rough as one can imagine.

Looking back, it's become a better ship to use.

Yeah I'm looking forward to Exeter too.

Yubari, although a decent ship at best, really comes alive with IFHE and Aiming Mod 0.

To be honest, I'd still like to see either longer ranged torps on her (8km?) and/or better firing arcs on her torp launchers.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,576 posts
8,775 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

played it mostly in an era when it didn't have aiming mod 0,

I bought it BECAUSE of Aiming Mod 0.

54 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

really comes alive with IFHE and Aiming Mod 0.

You either fit that mod or you might as well not buy the ship. There is no choice. Just do it. As for IFHE, my Japanese captains have got the short end of the stick, but once I get one with it on, I will try that out.

[-1]
Members
371 posts
6,411 battles
11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

(All jokes aside, I bought Salem for coal; I had enough FXP for Musashi.)

Just bought it for coal, played two games, lost both doing around 30k damage. The ship melts like crazy and there are lots of tier 5 ships. I don’t think it was a smart purchase (((

[WAIFU]
13,611 posts
5,755 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

Just bought it for coal, played two games, lost both doing around 30k damage. The ship melts like crazy and there are lots of tier 5 ships. I don’t think it was a smart purchase (((

Look on the bright side. Even if you do end up not clicking with Yubari, she's a tier 4 and isn't that expensive.

You want to stay back and let your meatshields teammates go first to the frontline. Yubari wants to be in a position where the reds have closer and more threatening things to shoot at than you. From your position near the back you then help your frontline with support fire. Utilise cover and borrow smoke when possible. Do everything in your power to not be the one the enemy are shooting at, because as said before Yubari has absolutely no armour, and can be citadelled by a light breeze. If you do get targeted then stop firing to stealth up and dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge like a maniac as your ship's life depends on it. Unfortunately Yubari is a support ship and will rarely carry a match at all. It's job imho is to support the team by raining accurate long range gunfire for death by a thousand paper cuts.

[-1]
Members
371 posts
6,411 battles
46 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Look on the bright side. Even if you do end up not clicking with Yubari, she's a tier 4 and isn't that expensive.

You want to stay back and let your meatshields teammates go first to the frontline. Yubari wants to be in a position where the reds have closer and more threatening things to shoot at than you. From your position near the back you then help your frontline with support fire. Utilise cover and borrow smoke when possible. Do everything in your power to not be the one the enemy are shooting at, because as said before Yubari has absolutely no armour, and can be citadelled by a light breeze. If you do get targeted then stop firing to stealth up and dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge like a maniac as your ship's life depends on it. Unfortunately Yubari is a support ship and will rarely carry a match at all. It's job imho is to support the team by raining accurate long range gunfire for death by a thousand paper cuts.

Well, I understand how it should be played. It’s just way to fragile (btw I lost engine several times, I guess I would be losing rudder all the time if I install different module) and it has only four guns. I genuinely scared to meet Giulio Cesare in this thing. Accuracy is good but there is so much damage you can do in a single game and given that you can’t tank for your team the carry potential is quite limited. Even if you consider cruisers I have Murmansk which is tier 5 and I had a 90k game—something I can’t imagine in Yubari.

Edited by dimzzy

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

I'm piss off they are selling the Yubari, it's suppose to be a pre order ship that I can take out and boast that I have it. 

[WAIFU]
13,611 posts
5,755 battles
26 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

I'm piss off they are selling the Yubari, it's suppose to be a pre order ship that I can take out and boast that I have it. 

There was a one year exclusivity period for the pre-order ships. Nothing more. WG never said that they'd never sell them ever again.

Members
4,139 posts
15,461 battles
14 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Yubari, although a decent ship at best, really comes alive with IFHE and Aiming Mod 0.

To be honest, I'd still like to see either longer ranged torps on her (8km?) and/or better firing arcs on her torp launchers.

A option to choose between Hydro or Defensive AA would be nice too.

Sign in to follow this