You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
n00bot

CVs in 5v5 Ranked

18 comments in this topic

[90TH]
Members
996 posts
9,403 battles

WG knows they're broken... but to allow them in a 5v5 game?  Absolutely brain-dead.  It's just a 2-player game at that point.

• Boring 1

Members
854 posts
5,707 battles
2 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

CVs are pretty bad at that tier. Run your Texas with a AA-focused captain.  Problem solved. 

If it’s tier 5 only then CVs won’t be a problem because they are removing all the odd tier CV for the time being. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,845 posts
7,316 battles
1 minute ago, Forgottensoldier117 said:

If it’s tier 5 only then CVs won’t be a problem because they are removing all the odd tier CV for the time being. 

This is ranked sprint.  It will end before the CV rework. 

[CVA16]
Members
3,739 posts
12,104 battles
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

CVs are pretty bad at that tier. Run your Texas with a AA-focused captain.  Problem solved. 

So you are limited to only one playable ship? A decent CV driver will just stay out of your tiny AA bubble and target all your teammates.

• Boring 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,845 posts
7,316 battles
1 minute ago, Sabot_100 said:

So you are limited to only one playable ship? A decent CV driver will just stay out of your tiny AA bubble and target all your teammates.

Not just one. But given that Texas is a giveaway ship for new members, and given out in lots of events, a good deal of people have her.  Besides, it's sprint. There's only 10 ranks, lots of irrevocable levels, and not that many stars.  It's really not a big deal. 

[TARK]
Members
3,362 posts
1,501 battles

Ranked sprint is tier 6 right now...

So Independence and Ryujo...with strafing and manual drops.

OP has a point, the skill gap in such a small game for the CV match would be irritating as hell to the non-CV players. I'm an alright CV player...and I'm not taking my Independence into ranked sprint. I don't want to be the source of everybody's ire when I am not 100% on my game.

[WOLF3]
Members
21,714 posts
19,957 battles

For Tier VI Ranked?

There's some decent AA there, nowhere near great like Old VI Cleveland was, but there's still good representatives, provided AA spec is taken.

New Mexico is pretty decent, especially in the medium AA range.  The long range AA isn't killer though, but CVs will pay.  You don't have access to ASM1 anyways...

PEF has great AA.

Queen Elizabeth has great AA.

Pensacola doesn't have 7.2km AA but her medium and short range AA DPS is extremely high for the tier, plus she has Defensive Fire access.

Dallas doesn't have the crazy AA DPS of Pensacola but her AA can reach out to the 7.2km.  Defensive Fire will help out on the AA DPS.

Probably 1 or 2 others out there but these are the ones that came immediately to mind.  If you have these ships and don't do AA, well, that's all on you, because...

xiupkrs.png

... Ryujo is a very dangerous threat.

[-BMV-]
Members
408 posts
16,526 battles
1 hour ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Rank is Tier 6 now, not Tier 5.

2 hours ago, n00bot said:

WG knows they're broken... but to allow them in a 5v5 game?  Absolutely brain-dead.  It's just a 2-player game at that point.

Op, the best AA ships at that tier are N Mex, Bayern and Queen Elizabeth, of those three Queen Elizabeth, with a soft AA build, can shred any Plane from any CV at her tier. This in no way is a solution but it helps. I understand the frustration but there's nothing left to be done here, just try your best. If it too hard or too infuriating, just stop, and try another day. Good luck out there.

Edited by Sidelock

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

I think in the last 3 seasons or ranked sprint, I only played in a handful of games with CV's, excluding when I was playing mine. You can't run off by yourself, you have to adjust your play. Aren't most Ryjuo drivers using AS loadout anyways? Mean only 1 torp 1 DB? Lets not forget the extremely limited hanger size of a T6 CV as well.

Edited by Kevs02Accord

[TARK]
Members
3,362 posts
1,501 battles
56 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I think in the last 3 seasons or ranked sprint, I only played in a handful of games with CV's, excluding when I was playing mine. You can't run off by yourself, you have to adjust your play. Aren't most Ryjuo drivers using AS loadout anyways? Mean only 1 torp 1 DB? Lets not forget the extremely limited hanger size of a T6 CV as well.

I don't think the OP is referring to the alpha that the CV provides...I think the OP is referring to being down a ship in a 5v5 battle solely because the enemy CV can shut down his own CV?

No scouting vs omnipresent scouting. Losing the info war in such a small battle is highly damaging to your chances of winning...

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,043 posts
4,325 battles

Hell I played 32 games ranking out and probably only saw 3-4 with CVs in them.  Fortunately I think only one of those was true bully in it and if I remember right it was on my side thankfully.    I think at its core the rework will make this more acceptable.     

[A-I-M]
Members
2,091 posts
11,092 battles
8 hours ago, n00bot said:

In addition to The current Ranked Sprint season being Tier 6, it is not 5x5 format, but 7x7 format as well.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,225 posts
8 hours ago, n00bot said:

Every season, there are less and less people in ranked....WG is desperate to keep it going for some reason so they are going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at it....:Smile_amazed:

[TARK]
Members
3,362 posts
1,501 battles
12 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

In addition to The current Ranked Sprint season being Tier 6, it is not 5x5 format, but 7x7 format as well.

It's two tiered again...

...the first tier was 5x5.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,091 posts
11,092 battles
3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's two tiered again...

...the first tier was 5x5.

Fully aware, that's why I used the word "current".

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I don't think the OP is referring to the alpha that the CV provides...I think the OP is referring to being down a ship in a 5v5 battle solely because the enemy CV can shut down his own CV?

No scouting vs omnipresent scouting. Losing the info war in such a small battle is highly damaging to your chances of winning...

ah yes, if thats the case, its unfortunate. I have had that go both ways with a CV on my team and playing as a CV. Feels bad either way.

[-TKS-]
Members
666 posts
10,144 battles

inst the ranked sprint that just started 7v7 ?  i dont mind them 7v7 those 2 extra ships do make a difference imo. double edge sword though in 5v5 ive seen teams stick together and the aa combined helped mitigate cv's a bit.   in 7v7 they split up more making it easier for cv to go after them. regardless only 2 of the 16 games i played had cv's so dont think it was much of a issue.