Cereberus99

Lion not causing many fires

12 comments in this topic

[ADR]
Beta Testers
116 posts
8,331 battles

I don't get it, I'm getting so many games where I will cause a fire 10% of the time whereas the boat's supposed to have a 48% chance of causing a fire. I understand that some ships will use things to lower their chance of catching fire but even then, I think it can only remove something like 15-25% chance. That should still allow me to cause a fire 25% of the time at the very least. What's going on here? Is there a way to check my fire percentage per boat? I'm starting to get frustrated with the Lion.

[HINON]
Members
11,435 posts

You are neglecting the fact that the in port fire chance you see is only the base chance. The ships you shoot at have a fire coefficient which reduces the fire chance by a large margin as you go up in tiers. T10 ships reduce it by half. Further factor in shells hitting areas already on fire, active damage controls preventing a fire, and then that chance is even lower. Check out the wiki for all the mechanics so you better understand them. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

Edited by RipNuN2

Alpha Tester
6,015 posts
2,905 battles

You're not exactly making any friends by admitting that you're a person who spams HE in a British BB, pal.

[WOLF3]
Members
21,685 posts
19,928 battles

Setting fires is all RNG.

I can get my Henri IV up to 26% Fire Chance with signal flags and I'd set 1-2 fires despite tons of hits.

Zao is known as a fire starter and sometimes she rolls snake eyes in setting them.

Everybody whines about Conqueror's HE, but again, there are times despite making a ton of hits, I'm not getting fires.

I have had games with Atlanta where I've had several hundred main gun hits, but I get only 1 fire.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,527 posts
9,191 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

You are neglecting the fact that the in port fire chance you see is only the base chance. The ships you shoot at have a fire coefficient which reduces the fire chance by a large margin as you go up in tiers. T10 ships reduce it by half. Further factor in shells hitting areas already on fire, active damage controls preventing a fire, and then that chance is even lower. Check out the wiki for all the mechanics so you better understand them. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire

To add to that, there's this lovely thing known as RNG, which, even if everything is just perfect, laughs at you and yells "No! And like it!". In fact, it's usually when things are perfect that this happens. It's annoying, and all you can do is move past it.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,527 posts
9,191 battles
1 hour ago, 1Sherman said:

You're not exactly making any friends by admitting that you're a person who spams HE in a British BB, pal.

Isn't that how they're supposed to be played, though?

It's what I do, and it's just lovely.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,747 posts
16,273 battles

I fell in lo vfc e with t bug e ship on my first voyage.

Stock, I burned a conqueror to the bottom of the ocean. 

It felt so good. 

I have  since discovered the AP...

Oh my she is a sweet beast. 

He until they repair.

Set 2 more fires, and then AP to finish.

Alpha Tester
6,015 posts
2,905 battles
8 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Isn't that how they're supposed to be played, though?

High-tier British BBs also have good AP. The problem is that more often than not, the people that play British BBs use the HE exclusively.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,527 posts
9,191 battles

High-tier British BBs also have good AP. The problem is that more often than not, the people that play British BBs use the HE exclusively.

Lion's AP is actually pretty bad, and so is Monarch's. Conq's is...ok? So, no, not really.

I use whatever takes the target down the fastest.

[ADR]
Beta Testers
116 posts
8,331 battles

I used to switch back and forth but then got discouraged when the AP wouldn't put up the big numbers the other BBs get. Don't ask me if it was because of overpens or bounces, I don't remember. I then saw the damage I was causing on broadsides loaded with HE and figured, it's just not worth it to switch. Once I get to Conq, I will be using more AP. 

12 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

I do take into account existing fires and recently used repairs. I also know RNG can be a b**** sometimes. And don't get me wrong, I have been blessed once or twice by RNGesus while in the Lion, my best damage game was 217k (not a monster game but still my best) and I had caused 19 fires on that one. I ran the calculations of fire chance for the worst possible scenario and it should still be around 20% fire chance. It's just bad luck I guess.

[TF57]
Members
3 posts
1,372 battles
On 1/4/2019 at 2:24 AM, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Lion's AP is actually pretty bad, and so is Monarch's. Conq's is...ok? So, no, not really.

I use whatever takes the target down the fastest.

Agreed, I've tried AP on the Lion, found it worse than the Monarch. Actually the Monarch's AP was fairly effective, either that or it's AP is trash

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.