Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Wargaming, I take it all back.

43 comments in this topic

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Okay, I think everybody knows how I feel about the Alaska. But this is not about that. Its about this bad mamma jamma:

IlkT6P8.jpg

I was gonna call it for the night...but I had to take her out...Now I S U C K at USN BBs. Can't make them work. I know this, but I had to try. 

x8YZhlJ.jpg

Its like the N.C. and the Bismark had a love child. HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY!!!!

Thanks again. Again, I take back what I've said the last week or so. I am sorry. 

Davos, A.K.A. Phil 

• Cool 12
  • Funny 2

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles
Just now, Gnomestroy said:

Out of curiosity, how much damage did all those secondary hits do?

Not much really, LOL.. only a few K... I do think the Bismark's do more damage, but I'll have to play a few more games to let you know... 

[BNKR]
Members
1,365 posts
1,456 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Not much really, LOL.. only a few K... I do think the Bismark's do more damage, but I'll have to play a few more games to let you know... 

Massachusetts basically requires IFHE for substantial damage. Yes, it is worth it. 

• Cool 2

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles
8 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Massachusetts basically requires IFHE for substantial damage. Yes, it is worth it. 

Ah... I should have read @LittleWhiteMouse 's review before I speced the Captain...but I got ahead of myself, LOL... 

[RLGN]
Members
11,490 posts
20,429 battles
9 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

BRAWL MORE.

At least in the 5-10k range. Equip a FULL secondary build, mount the signal if you have it, and go to town.

60 is a low number. :cap_rambo:

Members
4,818 posts
7,978 battles

It is my best USN BB by far.  Even without IFHE I get close quarter expert on a regular basis - 13 pt captain.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,281 posts
6,018 battles
9 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Yes!!  And don't let them tell you otherwise!! Mass is my go-to BB along with ol Tirpitz and FDG gratz to ya! @Sir_Davos_Seaworth there uh... wasn't a bottle of Kraken involved by any chance was there old salt? Hmm?

[RLGN]
Members
11,490 posts
20,429 battles
1 minute ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Ah... I should have read @LittleWhiteMouse 's review before I speced the Captain...but I got ahead of myself, LOL... 

The skill screen will try to tell that IFHE is ‘inefficient’ on Mammie; just ignore that. If you go full secondary the IFHE is for them anyway.

Just now, CylonRed said:

It is my best USN BB by far.  Even without IFHE I get close quarter expert on a regular basis - 13 pt captain.

Been using my original South Carolina driver, who is of course now 19 points.

Such glorious fireworks; especially with MFCSB.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,509 battles
34 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I have gotten quite a few Kill steals secures with my secondaries. :Smile-_tongue:

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles

Note that while Bismarck/Tirpitz used to have some HE and some AP secondary damage, I believe now they're all HE.  However, they have the German HE pen advantage, I think, where the US needs IFHE to get the same damage.

[O_O]
Members
5,449 posts
12,458 battles

49+ super containers.  No ships.  :Smile_sad:

*edit - got a "secret Santa" container today for completing Stage 3 of Prinz Eidel Friedrich event.  Instead of a secret Santa package, it is a super container.  Whaaaaa????

T7 Abruzzi.

Yahoo! :cap_win:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[RMRGD]
Members
437 posts
20,261 battles

Full secondary build with IFHE makes the mass a beast!   Seriously huge difference in IFHE.  I have had games where I do 60,000+ dmg with secondaries NOT with fires.    you can basically penn all powers/sterns with IFHE.  so its a critical upgrade. 

[INTEL]
Members
10,845 posts
30,557 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Okay, I think everybody knows how I feel about the Alaska. But this is not about that. Its about this bad mamma jamma:

x8YZhlJ.jpg

Thanks again. Again, I take back what I've said the last week or so. I am sorry. 

Davos, A.K.A. Phil 

That ship is so much fun. I just dropped my 19 pt Atlanta captain in it as advised by @NotoriousRNGand have at it. That captain has IFHE and manual AA. I gave up Superintendent but the loss of a heal doesnt seem to matter much. Averaging 90K damage and won 11 of 14 in it. The guns are brutal and the secondaries are pure pewpewpew. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Thanks guys! Its all I can do not to call in sink and go brawling all day, LOL! But I'm on vacation next week, so oh the carnage... :Smile_playing: 

Didn't think about putting an Atlanta captain on her...I've got a 17 pointer. Whats funny is I won that ship off of FB. Huh...

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
720 posts
7,338 battles
9 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Hrm. I unspec'd IFHE when they gave us free capt respecs at the start of Dec and haven't regretted it. My secondaries can still do a LOT of damage, and with Fire Prevention I seem to last a lot longer. I'm no super star captain though, so I'm sure how folks play it affect how it all works out. 

Beta Testers
252 posts
3,246 battles

With my Gascogne, I did a secondary building but with Demolition Expert, in order to boost up secondary damage.  The fires do way more than the actual hits..

Maybe if I get the captain high enough to get a second tier four skill, I'll use IF HE.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,950 posts
26 minutes ago, Dratt_Dastardly said:

With my Gascogne, I did a secondary building but with Demolition Expert, in order to boost up secondary damage.  The fires do way more than the actual hits..

Maybe if I get the captain high enough to get a second tier four skill, I'll use IF HE.

French BBs don't have strangely nerfed fire chances on their secondary pew pews.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
11 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

You gonna love this Big Mama...I can hear Queen singing ''Fat Bottom Girls''

eh? Wasn't that ZZ Top?

Members
23,589 posts
5,963 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

eh? Wasn't that ZZ Top?

No, but it would be cool if they covered it....

-Members-
1,640 posts
996 battles
12 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

IlkT6P8.jpg

I was gonna call it for the night...but I had to take her out...Now I S U C K at USN BBs. Can't make them work. I know this, but I had to try. 

x8YZhlJ.jpg

Davos, A.K.A. Phil 

Congrats on the nice SC!

• Cool 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
31 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

No.

27 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

No, but it would be cool if they covered it....

Wow, I've been living a lie my whole life. No idea why I thought it was ZZ Top then. Seemed like such a southern rock thing. 

[BNKR]
Members
1,365 posts
1,456 battles
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

Hrm. I unspec'd IFHE when they gave us free capt respecs at the start of Dec and haven't regretted it. My secondaries can still do a LOT of damage, and with Fire Prevention I seem to last a lot longer. I'm no super star captain though, so I'm sure how folks play it affect how it all works out. 

The benefit to IFHE on the 127s is that you break through a lot of important penetration barriers, allowing you to deal direct damage to more ships (including a lot of battleships), versus hoping your 5% fire chance pays off.

Sign in to follow this