You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Roberto577_One

Prinz Eitel Friedrich Armor

16 comments in this topic

Members
65 posts
916 battles

So, I was in my stock Fuso on Two brothers, and I had gone A. We had pretty much terminated the flank when I realized I had made a mistake and let a Prinz Eitel Friedrich get into brawling range I put an island between me and him to give me some time to angle, turn my guns, etc. I had about 10k hp, and he had 15k. When he popped around the corner he fired and did light damage, then I turned and gave him a full broadside. I expected to kill him, but what I didn't expect was to get a citadel, which I did, and it secured me the kill.

The reason I tell this story is because the Prinz and I were about 5-7 km apart, and I thought that the German BB turtle-back armor scheme made them practically immune to citadels at brawling range. So, did I just get a lucky random citadel, or does the Prinz not feature the aforementioned turtle-back?

Thanks for your replies ahead of time.

[BS]
Members
1,732 posts
8,662 battles

since it doesn't have good survivability like the other german BBs, why does it still sacrifice good gunnery?

[RED]
[RED]
Members
241 posts
11,218 battles
1 minute ago, HorrorRoach said:

since it doesn't have good survivability like the other german BBs, why does it still sacrifice good gunnery?

It has better than average German  gunnery for accuracy, just the shells are bad for penetration. 

[HINON]
Members
11,391 posts
22 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

P Eugen has TBack i believe. Love that ship.

This thread is about the Prinz Eitel Freidrich.

• Boring 1

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
3,049 posts
2,479 battles
35 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

P Eugen has TBack i believe. Love that ship.

As RipNuN2 said, Prinz EITEL FREIDRICH.

• Boring 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
3,303 posts
8,136 battles
1 hour ago, Roberto577_One said:

The reason I tell this story is because the Prinz and I were about 5-7 km apart, and I thought that the German BB turtle-back armor scheme made them practically immune to citadels at brawling range. So, did I just get a lucky random citadel, or does the Prinz not feature the aforementioned turtle-back?

PEF doesnt have turtle back armor, but still has some decent plate armor that could easily bounce fuso shells. The PEF player shoowed too much broadside to you.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,310 posts
6,367 battles
21 minutes ago, Xlap said:

The PEF player shoowed too much broadside to you.

Poor fool made the mistake of doing exactly what you'd want to do in naval warfare.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,513 posts
9,171 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

Ah, its survivability is just fine, and its accuracy is better than regular KM BB guns. Know what to shoot at, and where to aim, and you're fine.

[PVE]
Members
3,482 posts
21,653 battles
10 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

No turtle shell for the Prinz, he wasn't important enough.

Now if there was a King Eidel Freidrick he might rate.

• Funny 1

[BS]
Members
1,732 posts
8,662 battles
18 hours ago, custer_14 said:

It has better than average German  gunnery for accuracy, just the shells are bad for penetration. 

....I have the ship

Members
245 posts
6,367 battles

She makes 28 k knots at tier 6. And she's accurate but doesn't have really good pen. She's great at battling cruisers they should make a name for ships like that fast enough to run from BBs but big enough to pummel CAs. They could call it a Cusierbattler or somthing.

• Funny 1

[RED]
[RED]
Members
241 posts
11,218 battles
56 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

....I have the ship

Me too