You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Preparing for the sky apocalypse

68 comments in this topic

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
477 posts
4,952 battles

Just wondering if anyone else is picking up a couple of old favorite T3 ships, so you will have a place to ride out the apocalypse when the rework goes live?

Now don't get me wrong I'm definitely going to give the rework a chance, and will be playing out there.

But if it gets a little too much then you may want a place to cool off, and ride out the storm.

Tier 3 is looking like a good place to hide

I picked up the Nassau and I've spec it out for secondarys:cap_rambo:.

It's already proving to be pretty fun, especially when a t2 DD tries to rush me and gets a big surprise:cap_haloween:.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,406 posts
8,625 battles
6 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

Just wondering if anyone else is picking up a couple of old favorite T3 ships, so you will have a place to ride out the apocalypse when the rework goes live?

Now don't get me wrong I'm definitely going to give the rework a chance, and will be playing out there.

But if it gets a little too much then you may want a place to cool off, and ride out the storm.

Tier 3 is looking like a good place to hide

I picked up the Nassau and I've spec it out for secondarys:cap_rambo:.

It's already proving to be pretty fun, especially when a t2 DD tries to rush me and gets a big surprise:cap_haloween:.

Tier 3 isn't going to save you; you will still see T4, with rocket and bomb attacks that set you on fire. Tiers 1 and 2 are the only truly aircraft-safe places, but remember there are destroyers at T2 which can torp from a significant margin of stealth (e.g. Medea), while Tier 1 randoms is the province of people like @theLaalaa, who have over 4 million XP on their Tier 1 ships and know every map like the back of their hands. You think T10 is a campfest; you ain't seen nuthin' et. Even Flamu (or was it Flambass?) got his **** handed to him on a platter down there.

There is nowhere truly safe, except the training rooms and (at least for now) Clan Battles.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF7]
Members
226 posts
4,936 battles

Ranked Will be tier 9, so no CV.

7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Tier 3 isn't going to save you; you will still see T4, with rocket and bomb attacks that set you on fire. Tiers 1 and 2 are the only truly aircraft-safe places, but remember there are destroyers at T2 which can torp from a significant margin of stealth (e.g. Medea), while Tier 1 randoms is the province of people like @theLaalaa, who have over 4 million XP on their Tier 1 ships and know every map like the back of their hands. You think T10 is a campfest; you ain't seen nuthin' et. Even Flamu (or was it Flambass?) got his **** handed to him on a platter down there.

There is nowhere truly safe, except the training rooms and (at least for now) Clan Battles.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,885 posts
3,995 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A part of me finds it rather sad and telling when players start planning how to get around playing with a new feature. New features in games should be exciting.

• Cool 5

[ARGSY]
Members
13,406 posts
8,625 battles
Just now, xalmgrey said:

A part of me finds it rather sad and telling when players start planning how to get around playing with a new feature. New features in games should be exciting.

A part of me finds it rather sad and telling that players think planning around it is even necessary. Part of being human is adapting to face challenges. If you want to run away to a safe space where you never have to confront your carrier-based problems, you become a weaker player. But there is no safe space, apart from the Training Room, T1 co-op, and Clan Battles - a set of extremes if there ever was one.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,105 posts
32,126 battles
3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Yes, because ggetting set on fire and bombed at the start of a big gun navel strategy game by a ship that dose not have any big guns and you can't shoot back at is the epitome of excitement.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[NGA]
Members
1,863 posts
9,704 battles

Let the Salt flow through you. I'll be popping out of the sky every once and a while to blast ya.

• Angry 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
477 posts
4,952 battles

Well this turned salty pretty quickly.

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

People are too worked up about this. Riding the storm is half the fun of sailing. Life is lived outside of your comfort zone.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,529 posts
8,233 battles
39 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I think Skypocalypse  flows better

Damn -- bet me to it.

• Cool 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
477 posts
4,952 battles
10 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

People are too worked up about this. Riding the storm is half the fun of sailing. Life is lived outside of your comfort zone.

Like I said I'm planning on giving it a shot, who knows maybe it will OK, but we all know that the first week or two of anything new can be a bit crazy, so having a place to get a way from the crazy might just be a good idea.

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
359 posts
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A part of me finds it rather sad and telling that players think planning around it is even necessary. Part of being human is adapting to face challenges. If you want to run away to a safe space where you never have to confront your carrier-based problems, you become a weaker player. But there is no safe space, apart from the Training Room, T1 co-op, and Clan Battles - a set of extremes if there ever was one.

16 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

One person's wild adventure is another's snooze fest. One size does not fit all. It is just a game, if it is not fun, don't play the stuff that is not fun. Pretty simple.

Cirran

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
773 posts
9,578 battles
36 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Maybe it has to do with cv being a class that requires cooirdination from at least 3 non cv classes to counter?  Since tons of coordination happens in randoms.... and the one mode where coordination happens cvs are not allowed. Go figure. Not balanced enough for comp play but good for randoms.

Maybe design a class that doesnt counter every other class while sitting its hull safely in the back?

• Cool 3

[SEOP]
Members
1,529 posts
8,233 battles
27 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

True. 

But I gots' only so much time out of my day to play with pixels.  And while I may have to cope with having to avoid the bubonic plague in my every day livin' of life to the fullest or dealing with the myriad of life's many pin pricks, I guess I'm not so sure I'm inclined to deal with the continued aggravation of CVs in WoWs.  I did that already with 20K(+) matches in WoT and SPG cancer.  Why does SPG cancer have to keep rearing its ugly head in WoWs as well? 

Edited by Dr_Dirt
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,006 posts
2,810 battles

I'll be going about my business as usual and seeing how it goes. If it bothers me enough to leave tiers 3-10 over it I'll just go find something else to play for a while.

It will likely all shake ok eventually.

[WOLFX]
1,006 posts
2,810 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

True. 

But I gots' only so much time out of my day to play with pixels.  And while I may have to cope with having to avoid the bubonic plague in my every day livin' of life to the fullest or dealing with the myriad of life's many pin pricks, I guess I'm not so sure I'm inclined to deal with the continued aggravation of CVs in WoWs.  I did that already with 20K(+) matches in WoT and SPG cancer.  Why does SPG cancer have to keep rearing its ugly head in WoWs as well? 

Admittedly SPGs are a good chunk of why I left WoT for WoWS

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,206 posts

I am sure the Skypocalypse will be little more than the Torppocalypse of Asashio

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,253 posts
9,621 battles

with WG admitting that AA was weak and thus buffing it a bit, i feel slightly better about the rework, though im not sure what a doubling of AA HP will do to help in T8+ where HE spam is literal Hellfire

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,152 posts
9,467 battles

Thank god for that lifetime sub to a certain sci-fi series spaceship game....:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
5,048 posts
4,848 battles

I AM THE STORM!

beta.jpg

• Funny 1

Members
6,259 posts
6,624 battles
1 minute ago, Retnav54 said:

Thank god for that lifetime sub to a certain sci-fi series spaceship game....:Smile_hiding:

Hmm. Might just have to fire up the ol' account, too.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,253 posts
9,621 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I AM THE STORM!

beta.jpg

What kind of AA defense is this?

I AM THE AA DEFENSE

Edited by tcbaker777

[WUDPS]