You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soulcaller

Is this normal?

14 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
100 posts
1,810 battles

Between 12/28 and 1/1 I played 128 random battles (might not have had Mxstats running the whole time). How do I get some +1, +2 games?

MM gave me:
0 battles at +2, +1
44 battles at even tier
39 battles at -1
37 battles at -2.  

45% T5
27.3% T6
9.1% T7
18% T8

Edited by Soulcaller
misstated co-op, these numbers are for randoms

[WOLF7]
Members
12,224 posts
13 minutes ago, Soulcaller said:

Between 12/28 and 1/1 I played 128 co-op battles (might not have had Mxstats running the whole time). How do I get some +1, +2 games?

MM gave me:
0 battles at +2, +1
44 battles at even tier
39 battles at -1
37 battles at -2.  

45% T5
27.3% T6
9.1% T7
18% T8

You don't. WG is punishing you for playing co-op...:Smile_trollface:

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
100 posts
1,810 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You don't. WG is punishing you for playing co-op...:Smile_trollface:

Thanks, these numbers are actually for random matches

[WOLF7]
Members
12,224 posts
1 minute ago, Soulcaller said:

Thanks, these numbers are actually for random matches

Between 12/28 and 1/1 I played 128 co-op battles 

Did I mis-read?

But mid-tiers are tough these days, WG is doing everything possible to get  people to move up tier, to the point of selling tier 10 reward ships to the masses. :Smile_glasses:

[XBRTC]
Members
2,888 posts
9,194 battles
1 hour ago, Soulcaller said:

Between 12/28 and 1/1 I played 128 random battles (might not have had Mxstats running the whole time). How do I get some +1, +2 games?

MM gave me:
0 battles at +2, +1
44 battles at even tier
39 battles at -1
37 battles at -2.  

45% T5
27.3% T6
9.1% T7
18% T8

You’re reading it wrong. You can’t get +1 / +2 battles. 0 means you’re top tier. -1 means you’re mid, and -2 means you’re bottom tier. Those numbers are in relation to the battle level. If you were +2, that would mean essentially that you were bringing a T6 (for example) to a tier 3-4 fight.

[GSKUL]
Members
72 posts
1,431 battles
1 hour ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

You’re reading it wrong. You can’t get +1 / +2 battles. 0 means you’re top tier. -1 means you’re mid, and -2 means you’re bottom tier. Those numbers are in relation to the battle level. If you were +2, that would mean essentially that you were bringing a T6 (for example) to a tier 3-4 fight.

For T5-6 you can see -1 to +2. T5 can see T4-7. T6 can see T5-8.

At T7-8, you can see -2 to +2. T7 can see T5-9. T8 can see T6-10.

T9 can see -2 to +1, T7-10.

T10 sees -2 to 0, T8-10.

This presumes some dodos aren't doing a split tier div and drag some poor T4 into a T7 game, T5 into a T8, etc.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,888 posts
9,194 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

For T5-6 you can see -1 to +2. T5 can see T4-7. T6 can see T5-8.

At T7-8, you can see -2 to +2. T7 can see T5-9. T8 can see T6-10.

T9 can see -2 to +1, T7-10.

T10 sees -2 to 0, T8-10.

This presumes some dodos aren't doing a split tier div and drag some poor T4 into a T7 game, T5 into a T8, etc.

Congrats, you figured out how matchmaker works. That’s not what I’m talking about.

Soulcaller was using specific terminology from MXStat, and it appeared that he was misinterpreting the way that software displays the matchmaking spreads in the records it keeps for each battle.

MXStat shows the battle level, which is the top tier in that battle. (I.e., 10, 9, 8, etc.) it then shows the difference between your ship’s tier and the battle level. (I.e, t9 in a level 10 battle would be -1, t8 would be -2, etc.) it’s impossible to have a positive number there, because you would be higher tier than the battle level. If you’re top tier, the difference is 0.

Edited by LT_Rusty_SWO

[GSKUL]
Members
72 posts
1,431 battles
1 minute ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Congrats, you figured out how matchmaker works. That’s not what I’m talking about.

Soulcaller was using specific terminology from MXStat, and it appeared that he was misinterpreting the way that software displays the matchmaking spreads in the records it keeps for each battle.

Congrats, you just came across as a tool.

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
100 posts
1,810 battles
8 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

MXStat shows the battle level, which is the top tier in that battle. (I.e., 10, 9, 8, etc.) it then shows the difference between your ship’s tier and the battle level. (I.e, t9 in a level 10 battle would be -1, t8 would be -2, etc.) it’s impossible to have a positive number there, because you would be higher tier than the battle level. If you’re top tier, the difference is 0.

Ah I see, thank you!

So in other words, I was top tier almost half the time. 

Edited by Soulcaller

[JHF]
Members
370 posts
5,840 battles

Play a Tier 8; you'll be bottom tier a plenty, then.

Edited by Hydra_360ci

[XBRTC]
Members
2,888 posts
9,194 battles
1 minute ago, Soulcaller said:

Ah I see, thank you!

MXStat is a great little program, but it isn’t always intuitive to use. Just wait until you start diving down the rabbit hole of manipulating the excel output. You’ll lose your mind building more and more complex analysis tools out of it. 😂

also, you don’t have to keep it running all the time. You can just run it at the end of a day’s worth of battles, or once a week, once per patch, w/e. Just make sure you run it and update your # of replays to save after game updates but BEFORE running the game. It will analyze any new replays and log files it finds, whether or not it was running when you played that battle.