Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SJ_Sailer

Advice for New to Division

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

283
[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
883 posts
2,628 battles

My brother is new to the game and just got a Tier 5 IJN Cruiser, less than a week in.  We are planning to division up tonight.  I am a DD main but have a Kongo BB so will use that but not much experience in BB's.  The last time we tried this at tier 2 everything went horribly wrong.  I was so busy telling him how to operate the ship and what smoke screens were I was totally out of my game and we both got killed early.

So suggestions on how to play tonight with a Kongo and Furutaka with a new player in a Tier 5 division? 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,504 battles

Set up a training room or play in co-op until you get your brother up to speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
883 posts
2,628 battles
52 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Set up a training room or play in co-op until you get your brother up to speed.

Thanks, but I was looking for more advice on a game plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,504 battles
1 minute ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Thanks, but I was looking for more advice on a game plan.

As in? I suggested playing against bots because that allows your brother to learn more about playing the game where it doesn't really matter if you fail spectacularly or not. That way you can pay more attention to giving him advice/ lessons without too much worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,514
[WOLF3]
Members
21,639 posts
19,880 battles

I'm assuming Voice Comms is going to happen.  If not, a Non-Voice Comm Division is useless.

 

Get used to playing with each other in an area of the map.  Call targets to focus fire against, make plans together over comms and carry them out.  You can do something like the Cruiser helps with the DDs to secure the enemy cap while the BB stays and defends their own cap long enough for the others to cap out.  Or if it looks like the team has enough for a cap push, the Division can defend the team cap until they win out.  Anything.  Whatever idea comes up in the division, as long as it's communicated to the others.

 

An important part with Division coordination is when you're starting to look at any mix involving Destroyers and utility abilities like Defensive Fire, Hydro, and most of all, Radar.  There's not much special synergy between a Battleship and a normal, non-Radar Cruiser.  There's no special abilities to coordinate except focusing on a target.

 

Whenever you guys dive into Divisions having a Destroyer, coordination is key and backing up the Div DD is paramount.  The inclusion of a Radar Cruiser also changes a lot of things with coordination.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
332
[RMRGD]
Members
435 posts
20,208 battles
7 hours ago, SJ_Sailer said:

My brother is new to the game and just got a Tier 5 IJN Cruiser, less than a week in.  We are planning to division up tonight.  I am a DD main but have a Kongo BB so will use that but not much experience in BB's.  The last time we tried this at tier 2 everything went horribly wrong.  I was so busy telling him how to operate the ship and what smoke screens were I was totally out of my game and we both got killed early.

So suggestions on how to play tonight with a Kongo and Furutaka with a new player in a Tier 5 division? 

Thanks.

Kevik is right in that play some CoOP first.  Once you get to know your ship after a few rounds play randoms.    Co Op does NOT teach good traits.   As for the division itself, certain ships can play well with each other.   If you are a BB, he is a DD, spot for him and he will back you up.   You spot torps etc.  dont smoke him.  Use your smoke to disengage.     Dont ever play the same ships it really doesn't give any value.   Cruisers, DDs, can be great smoke him up he gives you DPS backup.    often cruisers have some utility that can help a DD.    Or hunt them down.  

Tier 5 your safe to screw around.  I recommend do NOT go past tier 7 till you pretty solid with the game.   tier X is not fun for new players.  Your mistakes get punished. 

1001848343.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[ADOPT]
[ADOPT]
Members
883 posts
2,628 battles
2 hours ago, deresistance said:

Kevik is right in that play some CoOP first.  Once you get to know your ship after a few rounds play randoms.    Co Op does NOT teach good traits.   As for the division itself, certain ships can play well with each other.   If you are a BB, he is a DD, spot for him and he will back you up.   You spot torps etc.  dont smoke him.  Use your smoke to disengage.     Dont ever play the same ships it really doesn't give any value.   Cruisers, DDs, can be great smoke him up he gives you DPS backup.    often cruisers have some utility that can help a DD.    Or hunt them down.  

Tier 5 your safe to screw around.  I recommend do NOT go past tier 7 till you pretty solid with the game.   tier X is not fun for new players.  Your mistakes get punished. 

1001848343.png

I would not go beyond Tier 7 period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×