You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Citrusss

Myoko

26 comments in this topic

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles

What happen to Myoko? I remember it being a solid ship, now as I grind snowflakses on these ARP + dragon ships I unable to perform at all. I get citadeled or receive heavy damage at any angle and all I can respond is few thousand damage with HE, as AP bounce off even light cruisers and where they hit the damage is even more laughable. Was it heavily nerfed by some major game update or something? Or it's just me derping around?.. 

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,595 posts
5,737 battles

The Myoko family got a sigma buff and turret rotation buff recently. Other than that nothing has changed. It's you and not the ship, Myoko has always been a floating citadel.

Members
1,150 posts
9,094 battles

alright. maybe i just expected zao-like performance at her tier.  been too long since i took her for a ride

Edited by Citrusss

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Wow I remember when the ship was a tier 8, even at 7 she still sucks. 

[CUTER]
Members
3,863 posts
19,647 battles

Bad bote. Play OP Russian cruisers instead.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,810 posts
18,438 battles
29 minutes ago, Preteen said:

NYET!

Members
1,016 posts
19,150 battles
42 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Wow I remember when the ship was a tier 8, even at 7 she still sucks. 

33 minutes ago, Preteen said:

I beg to differ....

Edited by theLaalaa

[GSKUL]
Members
72 posts
1,431 battles

It's a strong bote when played to it's strengths. The HE hits hard and the AP will flat wreck a broadside cruiser. The torps have horrible angles but have good range and hit like a truck. It's not an open water bote unless you can do it and nobody notice you.

[CUTER]
Members
3,863 posts
19,647 battles
13 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

I beg to differ....

This is Nachi which is a premium ship, stronger than regular tech tree ships. Also it is only 1 game, confirmation bias.

• Funny 2

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
10 minutes ago, Preteen said:

This is Nachi which is a premium ship, stronger than regular tech tree ships. Also it is only 1 game, confirmation bias.

Nachi is only premium by symbol.. it's not better than the standard Myoko, it is the Standard Myoko with a uinque skin and ARP  (which make it Premium, in name only, not in bonuses or ability)  In fact it's slightly worse than the Tech Myoko, as the ARP ship can't use any other camo and loses out on additional Stealth bonus.

Edited by Shadowrigger1
  • Cool 1

Members
1,690 posts
6,698 battles
13 minutes ago, Preteen said:

Nachi is exactly identical to Myoukou in every way except for the fact that she (and all other ARP clones) can't use camouflage, which actually makes her slightly worse than her regular counterpart.

Also ARP ships don't get premium bonuses. They aren't really premium ships at all, just exclusives.

Edited by Flashtirade

[CUTER]
Members
3,863 posts
19,647 battles
7 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

Nachi is exactly identical to Myoukou in every way except for the fact that she (and all other ARP clones) can't use camouflage, which actually makes her slightly worse than her regular counterpart.

Also ARP ships don't get premium bonuses. They aren't really premium ships at all, just exclusives.

If Nachi is not a premium ship then explain why she falls in the category of premium ships when it comes down to snowflake coal reward. You are so wrong. I am hyper unicum, I know those things better. Next.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,491 posts
8,671 battles
4 minutes ago, Preteen said:

then explain why she falls in the category of premium ships when it comes down to snowflake coal reward.

Because of an ability to accept other captains without retraining, perhaps?

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
6 minutes ago, Preteen said:

If Nachi is not a premium ship then explain why she falls in the category of premium ships when it comes down to snowflake coal reward. You are so wrong. I am hyper unicum, I know those things better. Next.

seeing that you are probably being sarcastic,  but yeah, it's not a "Premium" as defined by other premiums who get  Additional bonuses baked into the Camo of the ship, ( Bonus XP, Silver, Reduced costs, etc)  ARP ships are only listed as Premium due to their Uniqueness/Exlusivity, and the ability to accept any other ARP commander (at the time they were introduced) and now IJN as well, without penalty.

In the Event you aren't being Sarcastic,  Lord help your ignorance.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
426 posts
9,100 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

It's a strong bote when played to it's strengths. The HE hits hard and the AP will flat wreck a broadside cruiser. The torps have horrible angles but have good range and hit like a truck. It's not an open water bote unless you can do it and nobody notice you.

^This.  You can get severely punished by showing broadside and unfortunately with relatively short range guns you have to be just close enough to shoot but no closer (which is hard to do).  Also, I run the 203s (and still do well) and I believe most people run the 152s with IFHE (I won't make the switch until I have the extra skill points for that to give it a try).  I have the ARP ships as well and play them the same as my Myoko.  I do notice that people love to focus the Myoko/ARP ships and that's not fun at all.  Best games are where I am kiting ships or where I am able to hit ships that are focused on other closer ships.

[GSKUL]
Members
72 posts
1,431 battles
6 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

^This.  You can get severely punished by showing broadside and unfortunately with relatively short range guns you have to be just close enough to shoot but no closer (which is hard to do).  Also, I run the 203s (and still do well) and I believe most people run the 152s with IFHE (I won't make the switch until I have the extra skill points for that to give it a try).  I have the ARP ships as well and play them the same as my Myoko.  I do notice that people love to focus the Myoko/ARP ships and that's not fun at all.  Best games are where I am kiting ships or where I am able to hit ships that are focused on other closer ships.

Myoko/ARPs are all 203. The Mogami has the 152/203 option.

[DOG]
Members
426 posts
9,100 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_PepsiHolic said:

Myoko/ARPs are all 203. The Mogami has the 152/203 option.

Thanks for the clarification (I got the two mixed up).  I was thinking of the Mogami. I only have the ARP Myokos (and no longer have the Tech Tree Myoko in my port).

[QQ7]
Members
375 posts
4,687 battles

Actually mogami has the 155mm, not 152.

[GSKUL]
Members
72 posts
1,431 battles
7 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

Actually mogami has the 155mm, not 152.

I guess the 3mm makes a big difference to the Japanese.  :Smile_trollface:

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,794 posts
3,992 battles

Myoko and her clones could do with a regular Cruiser Repair Party in lieu of any other gimmicks; maybe a modest base concealment buff to better compete against CSM+CE built Mogamis and Atagos too.

Edited by YamatoA150

[WOLF3]
Members
21,668 posts
19,914 battles
16 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Myoko and her clones could do with a regular Cruiser Repair Party in lieu of any other gimmicks; maybe a modest base concealment buff to better compete against CSM+CE built Mogamis and Atagos too.

The IJN CAs no longer need any buffs.  All the IJN 203mm armed CAs got "Zao accuracy" and land a horrifying amount of shells.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,342 posts

I play my Southern Dragon occasionally, not so much because I love the Myoko but it's just so freaking cool to look at, it's the only clone that I've left skinned. I'll have to take it for a spin this morning.

Members
349 posts
31 battles
3 hours ago, Citrusss said:

What happen to Myoko? I remember it being a solid ship, now as I grind snowflakses on these ARP + dragon ships I unable to perform at all. I get citadeled or receive heavy damage at any angle and all I can respond is few thousand damage with HE, as AP bounce off even light cruisers and where they hit the damage is even more laughable. Was it heavily nerfed by some major game update or something? Or it's just me derping around?.. 

Honestly I think it is just playing in an unfamiliar ship. I just ground out of it to the next tier and kept it. I thought it was an excellent ship and I loved her.