Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

New Years Resolutions - Be a Better Player (and person)

16 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,674 posts
6,454 battles

It should be everyone's goal to be a better player.  But being a better player means being a better person in-game.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,650 battles

| have peaked in both areas. Improvement is impossible at this point.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles
10 minutes ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

be a better player and person.  stick to co-op if you suck.  

In that case it means you are a bad player, hiding your stats hmmm...

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,451 posts
16,170 battles

The player base will never get better,  if anything , Wargaming titles have shown that the player base continually gets worse the longer the game is out,  The games  Wargaming make never actually teach it's new players basic mechanics, concepts and strategies ( yes they have videos, and so do the plethora of CCs, most just don't care to watch videos).  They continually push for you to get to Tier 10 as fast as possible so you can enjoy new ships and content all the while producing the worst play styles that go against anything a team combat game needs.

As for better people, as the player bases skill continual diminishes into utter disgusting stupidity, so will the players attitudes and it will become as toxic as WoTs is.

There will always be pockets of good players and good people but once the game has degraded into it's typical online gaming community standard, it will be a festering pool of skilless toxic children (mentally and physically).   Most people can see it already, but due to the average age of the gamer in WoWs, it's going to take a little longer than it did for WoTs doe devolve.

Members
1,651 posts
19,510 battles

I have found myself to be going the other way the past few days :(

Normally I refrain from saying anything negative to anyone in Chat.

But here of late at Tier X, I have told a few players in a few short words that they needed to get their S%*T together.

But hopefully by helping them recognize that they are screwing up lol,   I am helping them become better players and I in turn can become a better person. :)

[WOLF7]
Members
12,600 posts

Better person? Absolutely.

Better player? Still dreaming of a competitive player base?

Get over it, it's just a game, and not a very well designed one....:Smile_trollface:

• Meh 2

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

While i agree that toxic player push other players away from the game. I think its fun that many ignore that bad players also push players away from the game.

We are all here to have fun, and its not fun when a bad player is ruinning your time here, its frustrating and players dont like this. Yet many ignore this toxic gameplay. A player saying some harsh works in chat is considered toxic and bad for the game. But a player doing some idiot thing and possibly ruinning other 11 players game its considered OK, its "fine". No its not!! Both are bad and toxic, yet most ignore this.

Personally i dont mind if a player is toxic in chat, as long as he plays well. 

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles
40 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I have found myself to be going the other way the past few days :(

Normally I refrain from saying anything negative to anyone in Chat.

But here of late at Tier X, I have told a few players in a few short words that they needed to get their S%*T together.

But hopefully by helping them recognize that they are screwing up lol,   I am helping them become better players and I in turn can become a better person. :)

I have told folks on chat they're morons. idiots and microwave heads for the bone headed stuff they're doing.

1. Failure to radar a cap point when it's turning red and you  hot key and told them in chat to turn it on in the first 3 minutes of the game. their radar being in cool down is not the reason for not turning them on.

2. Going yolo to a cap point where the reds will be there first and in greater numbers. Why? I suspect it's because it's closer to him. Never mind he was warned to get back. He dies in the first 3 minutes and goes salty for lack of support.

What's kinda sad is when they reply after the game that I hurt their feelings. I told them I'd send them the replay with the time hack where they were told about their actions. Never did did get taken up on my offers. 

• Funny 1

Members
76 posts
4,172 battles

Given the derailment of my recent post, which calls for more or less the same thing, I would imagine this post would meet with some ridicules too. Nevertheless I would voice my support for the op. 

Sign in to follow this