Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DJC_499

Bot CVs in 0.8.0 Coop Battles

9 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,246 posts
9,733 battles

I posed this question a few days ago but wanted to more fully understand if bot CVs will be appearing in 0.8.0 Coop Battles. I saw on the test server that when a friendly CV showed up in a Coop battle there was no opposing bot CV. Will that be the case for 0.8.0 until WG has the AI worked out for these CVs? (Thanks)

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,040 battles

Anybody who has gone into operations with CVs knows the answer. They just simply ramp up the bot AA to Des Moines level for any bot AA. In Raptor Rescue, I can't take my Indy planes anywhere near that Myoko or Aoba or it'll wipe my planes out in 2 seconds.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,246 posts
9,733 battles

FYI - I just read on the 0.8.0 Development posting that a CV AI rework is "in progress" but it is unclear if it will be ready for 0.8.0 or not. I guess this is the most definitive information we have at the moment.

• Cool 1

Members
24 posts
11,408 battles
1 hour ago, DJC_499 said:

I posed this question a few days ago but wanted to more fully understand if bot CVs will be appearing in 0.8.0 Coop Battles. I saw on the test server that when a friendly CV showed up in a Coop battle there was no opposing bot CV. Will that be the case for 0.8.0 until WG has the AI worked out for these CVs? (Thanks)

As you noted, they haven't finished implementing the updated AI. You can't even select a Bot carrier in the Training room. Currently a Battleship replaces a CV on the red team in co-op battles.

Off-Topic:
That makes battles at lower tiers very interesting since Tier 4 CVs have trouble inflicting meaningful damage. In all the T4 co-op games I played in Hosho/Langely, I would have a train of at least 2 or 3 red Battleships following my CV around since I would be the only one left alive. A Battleship at Tier 4 is more useful than a CV and the extra BB makes short work of your team. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,246 posts
9,733 battles
29 minutes ago, ProfesssorRoadkill said:

As you noted, they haven't finished implementing the updated AI. You can't even select a Bot carrier in the Training room. Currently a Battleship replaces a CV on the red team in co-op battles.

Off-Topic:
That makes battles at lower tiers very interesting since Tier 4 CVs have trouble inflicting meaningful damage. In all the T4 co-op games I played in Hosho/Langely, I would have a train of at least 2 or 3 red Battleships following my CV around since I would be the only one left alive. A Battleship at Tier 4 is more useful than a CV and the extra BB makes short work of your team. 

I also read that no CVs would be in Tier I through III battles. While I was obviously not surprised by the I and II limits the Tier IIO comment was eye-catching. One the biggest issues I have with CVs with Tier III ships is their utter absence of any AA. I was once repeated attacked by a bot CV 13 times when in a Konig Albert and could only shoot down a plane or two (at most) during each attack. That will make Tier III life a little easier. 

Edited by DJC_499

[PVE]
Members
12,588 posts
26,193 battles
4 hours ago, DJC_499 said:

I was wondering this as well. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts

Just realized why they removed most carriers from the scenarios. They've clearly had this plan in the pipe for awhile.

Sign in to follow this