You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SaltyRat

Worcester Legendary

19 comments in this topic

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,845 battles

Why was the Worcester legendary removed?

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,817 battles

I wasn't aware it was removed. I have one in my Inventory, don't use it because its junk. But if it did get removed maybe its because its useless junk. 

• Cool 1

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,845 battles

Thats weird because I was grinding it last week and now its gone from mine. maybe its a bug? 

Thanks for the feedback, maybe I should not even worry about it if thats the case. Sorta figured it was worthless since everything it says it improves is already really good.

Edited by SaltyRat

[NDA]
Supertester
5,257 posts
15,817 battles
1 minute ago, SaltyRat said:

Thats weird because I was grinding it last week and now its gone from mine. maybe its a bug? 

Just checked. The Unique Worcester module is still in my Inventory. 

Are you missing the Mission that gives the Unique module or did you finish the awful grind but the Module is missing from your Inventory or from your ship?

A relog could clear the issue and if not contact support. 

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,845 battles
17 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

Just checked. The Unique Worcester module is still in my Inventory. 

Are you missing the Mission that gives the Unique module or did you finish the awful grind but the Module is missing from your Inventory or from your ship?

A relog could clear the issue and if not contact support. 

Not sure? I dont recall seeing a mission for it but it was in my personal assignments last week and I think I was on the second set of objectives. Now its just gone, nowhere to be seen and checked my inventory just in case and not there either.

The only missions I have are the Daily Mission and one called Nerves of Steel. No Worcester mission though.

Something else that makes me wonder if something is wrong with my account is in the Personal Assignments there is one called Gold Rush on Massachusetts. It says it has to be played with the Massachusetts but even if I select it as my ship it says I dont have any ships matching the criteria. Something seems very wrong here!

Edited by SaltyRat

[N-W-T]
Members
1,841 posts
7,285 battles

The UI for missions often gets bugged.  Exit the client, run the integrity check, restart.  Chances are the mission will be back. 

[LEGIT]
Members
1,912 posts
26,684 battles

I got it and tried it.  I like the 9.5 km concealment I have without it.  And the extra burn time for the radar, etc. doesn't really make that big a difference.  The radar is punishingly long as it is.

[XBRTC]
Members
2,888 posts
9,194 battles
1 minute ago, slokill_1 said:

I got it and tried it.  I like the 9.5 km concealment I have without it.  And the extra burn time for the radar, etc. doesn't really make that big a difference.  The radar is punishingly long as it is.

... but the extra burn time for the radar gets even more punishingly long when you stack it with the regular radar upgrade, and then you also stack the hydro upgrade on top of it as well and you're going to be seeing torpedoes coming at you for a very, very, very long time. It can make a very big difference, particularly in clan battles.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,841 posts
7,285 battles
4 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

... but the extra burn time for the radar gets even more punishingly long when you stack it with the regular radar upgrade, and then you also stack the hydro upgrade on top of it as well and you're going to be seeing torpedoes coming at you for a very, very, very long time. It can make a very big difference, particularly in clan battles.

You can't stack radar and hydro upgrades. They're both slot 2. 

[XBRTC]
Members
2,888 posts
9,194 battles
Just now, DouglasMacAwful said:

You can't stack radar and hydro upgrades. They're both slot 2. 

Hm. You're right. I guess I forgot that little detail. Regardless, you can stack one or the other with the legendary, and it's massively useful, whichever way you go.

[PVE]
Members
16,151 posts
10,707 battles
3 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

The Special RADAR, Hydro and DFAA upgrades that you get in the Arsenal for coal all go into slot 2, so you can only stack one of them with the UU buffs.

So you can get 52.8 seconds of RADAR with 120 seconds of Hydro and 48 seconds of DFAA...

Or you can get 44 seconds of RADAR with 144 seconds of Hydro and 48 seconds of DFAA...

Or you can get 44 seconds of RADAR with 120 seconds of Hydro and 57.6 seconds of DFAA.

The concealment will be 10.8km instead of 9.5km. If the 10% across the board CE change goes through on patch 8.0, that will change to 10.8km and 9.8km.

[JHF]
Members
370 posts
5,840 battles

Detection increase means that you'll no longer be able to hit the radar as soon as you see the detect icon, and expect to see something....  while that something has everyone on the opposing team clearly seeing you.

[PVE]
Members
16,151 posts
10,707 battles
8 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

Detection increase means that you'll no longer be able to hit the radar as soon as you see the detect icon, and expect to see something....  while that something has everyone on the opposing team clearly seeing you.

The Worcester RADAR range was changed from 9.9km to 9km on update 7.10 on Oct 17th, 2018. So you can no longer stealth RADAR since then. At best, without the UU, you get a 0.5km window that they can see you but your RADAR won't see them. If the CE skill change goes through on patch 8.0, you will then have a 0.8km window that they can see you but your RADAR won't see them.

[PVE]
Members
16,151 posts
10,707 battles
2 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

My Worcester mission now expires in August. 

Yes, WG extended the time and is expected to extend the time again in Aug.

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,845 battles

So after a dozen emails in support I got the jist of this and what happened. Apparently after you grind to get the legendary you can mount it is just like any other module. However if you decide to unmount it, say you are playing clan battles and dont need it, you better have doubloons on hand to save it otherwise if you choose sell it to mount a different module it does just that and sells it. Meaning it is GONE and you no longer have it to load up if you want like you do with any other module. Very underhanded scam if you ask me and while you can buy it back using a support ticket you can only do this once every six months. So if you are going to grind your legendaries and you mount them better make sure you have paid your dues to WG and have enough doubloons on hand if you choose to unmount it. Personally I am done with them and not wasting another day trying to earn them.