You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ol_Cajun

Prinz campaign

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
436 posts
10,991 battles

ON mission 6, the final task, 1000 base xp I believe. Which boat do you use for this? It says t6-t10, but no particular boat, and no boat I tried counted towards the goal. Played four battles, two t7's, a t6, and a t8, and no xp being counted. Help.

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles

It's not a counting task.  You have to win a battle where you earn the 1,000 base XP in a single battle to complete the task.  Re-read it more closely.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,312 posts

I can't help you on this one because I've not been able to make any progress on a single thing in the campaign. I have no idea how the thing works.

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

I can't help you on this one because I've not been able to make any progress on a single thing in the campaign. I have no idea how the thing works.

It's not that difficult, Snarg.  I've already completed it.

Most of it can be completed in coop, if that floats your boat.  But that final task is way too difficult to be completed in coop.  

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
436 posts
10,991 battles

Guess my reading is not OP, thank you for straightening me out, and for the info. Since I play COOP, I can just quit this task and move on then. Cheers, and Happy New Year.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,312 posts
28 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's not that difficult, Snarg.  I've already completed it.

Most of it can be completed in coop, if that floats your boat.  But that final task is way too difficult to be completed in coop.  

Do you have to have to use the "Prince something" Premium ship to do it because I can't get any of the missions to unlock? I've met the requirements for most of them but they remain grayed out.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

I am also on the final task of mission 6 of the Mighty Prinz Campaign and I fought and won a battle in Random using the Arizona and had over 1400 base XP but it did not complete the task as it should have. I am at a loss as to why.

[O_O]
Members
5,440 posts
12,430 battles
41 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Do you have to have to use the "Prince something" Premium ship to do it because I can't get any of the missions to unlock? I've met the requirements for most of them but they remain grayed out.

The campaign requires the PEF for the first task, which allows you to get started.  Those who buy PEF have lots of time to work the campaign.  Those of us who earn the PEF for free will have much less time to attempt to complete the campaign.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
21,995 posts
22,415 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Yes, now that you mention it, you do.  The very first task in the first mission is to play a battle in the PEF, which obviously means that you have to have it.  So yes, it is a gated mission.

In the end, while the campaign is amusing enough on its merits, all you're really getting for a final reward is a second perma camo for the PEF.  And that perma camo's benefits are no different from the default premium perma camo.  And while it's OK looking, it's nothing spectacular either.  I suppose that it might be a historical paint scheme for German ships of the WW1 era, though I don't know.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
16,006 posts
10,653 battles
4 hours ago, ol_Cajun said:

ON mission 6, the final task, 1000 base xp I believe. Which boat do you use for this? It says t6-t10, but no particular boat, and no boat I tried counted towards the goal. Played four battles, two t7's, a t6, and a t8, and no xp being counted. Help.

4 hours ago, Crucis said:

It's not a counting task.  You have to win a battle where you earn the 1,000 base XP in a single battle to complete the task.  Re-read it more closely.

This^^

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Yes, the first task in the Mighty Prinz campaign requires PEF. You can get PEF for free as early as Jan 9th when the final directive drops or buy PEF for early access. The campaign is not hard to complete in PvP, so getting it done in a week with sufficient play is doable. It is easily done in co-op, but you just need a bit more time than you would in PvP.

3 hours ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

I am also on the final task of mission 6 of the Mighty Prinz Campaign and I fought and won a battle in Random using the Arizona and had over 1400 base XP but it did not complete the task as it should have. I am at a loss as to why.

You have to have 1,000 base XP BEFORE premium time. So the base XP on the Team screen is before premium time or the base XP on the XP screen to the left as the right side is modified base XP with premium time.

The Mighty Prinz campaign does give you Hatsuharu, Nurnberg, Icarus, Dallas, & Normandie without having to grind to them AND you get perma-camo for each one. The bonuses are the same as the regular perma-camo; +50% XP, -% service cost, and combat bonuses.

Spoiler

x5lpKpl.jpg

O0FHM6l.jpg

4y7V4I2.jpg

7ARBULm.jpg

AZFs2dY.jpg

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,534 posts
6,964 battles

xTg7Bqz.jpg

pqYT8ZG.jpg

bL9DAq9.jpg

done and done

it's doable if you are the sole human player on high tier game preferably tier 10.

• Cool 4

[ARGSY]
Members
13,406 posts
8,625 battles
5 hours ago, Crucis said:

all you're really getting for a final reward is a second perma camo for the PEF.

No, you're getting much more than that:

2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Mighty Prinz campaign does give you Hatsuharu, Nurnberg, Icarus, Dallas, & Normandie without having to grind to them AND you get perma-camo for each one. The bonuses are the same as the regular perma-camo; +50% XP, -% service cost, and combat bonuses.

And if you already have any of these, you get a bit over 2 million credits for each one. Now I know some people have so many credits that this is in the second or third decimal place for them, but for others it's nothing to sneeze at. I was only at Minekaze; now I have Hatsuharu and a permacamo for her. I was debating whether to buy permacamo for the Nurnberg (yes, I liked her that much); now can be glad I didn't.  I'm sort of regretting already getting one for the Icarus and the Dallas, but that's life - there was no way to know this was coming - and I had the Normandie Ocean Liner camo won in-game before I even started putting money in.

But the credits are nice, especially with spending money hand over fist for snowflake ships and cheap modules.

[O_O]
Members
5,440 posts
12,430 battles
47 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, you're getting much more than that:

Yeah, getting the tech tree ships I sold back and the credits for the ones I didn't, plus the perma-camo for each is my main motivation for the PEF Campaign.

This will be the third time there has been a campaign that rewarded free Tier 6 tech tree ships and perma-camo for them.

The first gave Type 12 camo and the following ships:  Leander, Fuso, Farragut, Bayern and Budyonny.

The second gave Snowy camo and the following ships:  Ernst Gaede, Queen Elizabeth, La Galissonniere, Fushun, and New Mexico.

Edited by desmo_2

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

This^^

Yes, the first task in the Mighty Prinz campaign requires PEF. You can get PEF for free as early as Jan 9th when the final directive drops or buy PEF for early access. The campaign is not hard to complete in PvP, so getting it done in a week with sufficient play is doable. It is easily done in co-op, but you just need a bit more time than you would in PvP.

You have to have 1,000 base XP BEFORE premium time. So the base XP on the Team screen is before premium time or the base XP on the XP screen to the left as the right side is modified base XP with premium time.

Reveal hidden contents

x5lpKpl.jpg

O0FHM6l.jpg

4y7V4I2.jpg

7ARBULm.jpg

AZFs2dY.jpg

How embarrassing. :cap_fainting:I had a senior moment and in my excitement was looking at the wrong page and the wrong stats.  I admit my mistake.:Smile_facepalm:

[PVE]
Members
16,006 posts
10,653 battles
41 minutes ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

How embarrassing. :cap_fainting:I had a senior moment and in my excitement was looking at the wrong page and the wrong stats.  I admit my mistake.:Smile_facepalm:

No worries. We all have those.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,998 posts

New Orleans, Monarch, and 4 others got some kind of blue camo with a red swish through them that offerd 100% more free xp a while back, too.

But I do like the tree ship rewards.

However I don't like being teased with coop for a mission that is nigh possible to get in COOP. Scenario maybe but not in coop.

[PVE]
Members
16,006 posts
10,653 battles
1 hour ago, StoptheViolins said:

New Orleans, Monarch, and 4 others got some kind of blue camo with a red swish through them that offerd 100% more free xp a while back, too.

But I do like the tree ship rewards.

However I don't like being teased with coop for a mission that is nigh possible to get in COOP. Scenario maybe but not in coop.

The New Orleans, Monarch, Kiev, Martel and Chapayev IIRC, all got 2nd Anniversary camo with the extra FXP bonus.

Vader_Sama posted earlier this morning with a co-op game that had 1,000 base XP. You have to do well, be the only human with bad boys and win.

8 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

xTg7Bqz.jpg

pqYT8ZG.jpg

bL9DAq9.jpg

done and done

it's doable if you are the sole human player on high tier game preferably tier 10.

[SWBH]
Members
13 posts
693 battles

I'm in the last stretch with the Normandie, and I'm not the best with it....I will keep grinding but might not be able to get the last permacamo...anyway... 

[PVE]
Members
16,006 posts
10,653 battles
5 minutes ago, Patsky said:

I'm in the last stretch with the Normandie, and I'm not the best with it....I will keep grinding but might not be able to get the last permacamo...anyway... 

You don't have to complete that task. You can repeat one of the others. I did the co-op 12k FXP task twice as that was way easier for me.

Task 1 - One star
Win 1 battle and place in the Top 4 of your team by XP
Normandie only
Random & Ranked Battles
Reward: 1 New Year 2019 container  

Task 2 - One star
Earn any 2 achievements
Tier 6+ ships
Random & Ranked Battles

Task 3 - Two star
Earn 12,000 Free XP
Tier 6+ ships
Random, Ranked, Co-op, & Clan Battles

Final Task
Earn 1,000 base XP in a winning battle. This must be done in ONE battle that you WIN. So this is extremely difficult to get this much base XP in Co-op, but easily done in Random battles. The base XP you need is before premium time is counted.
Tier 6+ ships
Reward: Sincerely & Firmly PEF alternate perma-camo

• Cool 1

[SWBH]
Members
13 posts
693 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You don't have to complete that task. You can repeat one of the others. I did the co-op 12k FXP task twice as that was way easier for me.

Task 1 - One star
Win 1 battle and place in the Top 4 of your team by XP
Normandie only
Random & Ranked Battles

Task 2 - One star
Earn any 2 achievements
Tier 6+ ships
Random & Ranked Battles

Task 3 - Two star
Earn 12,000 Free XP
Tier 6+ ships

Final Task
Earn 1,000 base XP in a winning battle. This must be done in ONE battle that you WIN. So this is extremely difficult to get this much base XP in Co-op, but easily done in Random battles. The base XP you need is before premium time is counted.
Tier 6+ ships
Reward: Sincerely & Firmly PEF alternate perma-camo

Thanks alot! I didn't know that

[PVE]
Members
16,006 posts
10,653 battles
11 minutes ago, Patsky said:

Thanks alot! I didn't know that

That works on any of the campaigns. You can just repeat tasks over to get the stars. You only get the reward once, but can keep getting stars.

• Cool 1