Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

QE AA

4 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
5,013 posts
15,809 battles

With the new CV update only weeks away, the air spec'd QE AA dominance might soon be a thing of past glory.  Here is one "last" example of they way it was.  The T5 Japanese CV has a 30 plane hanger.  In this video, the QE nixes 23 of them.  Anecdotally, the first sortie got me with two torps.  Normally, even that can be avoided.  In this instance, I over extended my drive forward to give coverage to the DD.  If I were the only target, I would have started the turn out much sooner.   

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,612 posts
5,755 battles

Liz needs a can of WD40 for her turrets more than anything. Between Liz and Warspite more often than not I pick Warspite just because it's more comfortable to use. If Liz does end up losing her AA prowess, one of the few things she has over Warspite, then there will be even less reason to use her.

[CNO]
Members
5,013 posts
15,809 battles

There's also a good "teaching" moment that has nothing to do with AA in this video.  

After the second air strike, I noticed no one was covering our cap and there were TWO unaccounted for DDs.  Since I had already put my butt end toward that BB that had ripped me previously, and since we otherwise had a healthy lead, I decided to just keep heading back to our Cap for insurance.  On the way back, I switched to HE...just in case.

Then it got interesting.  I was already in our cap, and our icon went from square to diamond.  Oh crap...there's a DD in cap...and I'm NOT spotted.  Had to be blocked by the land mass.  Shortly thereafter...hydro'd.  [Note, if you put yourself in the enemy DD's shoes, as soon as he entered the cap, got the diamond...but didn't get the cap tic...he also knew someone was in cap...behind that land mass..hence, the reason he popped hydro].

Then...there he appeared...nigh point blank.  I got the delete...followed by his "wall of torps" delete on me.  A very interesting "cat and mouse" moment, with several dynamics all going on at once.  Lots of game within the game events.  Unaccounted DDs.  Return to cap.  HE.  Land mass.  Square to Diamond.  No cap tic. Hydro.  Quick and violent exchange.  

[YORHA]
Members
4,325 posts
7,805 battles

On the PTS the QE was my top ship for AA.  In one battle I shot down something like 30+ planes.

Edited by JCC45

Sign in to follow this