You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

WG smoke is the dumbest idea ever!

52 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,713 posts

Before you go "well you can torp" or "you can blind fire into it" the idea that you can see perficty out of smoke of a ship is spotted is just plane stupid.

Remember that the only reason radar is in the game is because of smoke. A rank season were no one moved because smoke was every were.

At lower tiers there is nothing most ships can do and at hire tires most ships are helpless.

It is insane that you can see perficly out of smoke if a ship is detected.

And here it comes "well just get better" we say that about radar and its "radar is broken" or "its not real that radar sees around islands". In the same breath I get "well its a game not a sim" 

If you think about it objective smoke is a stupid idea. If your in smoke you should not be able to see out of it at all. It is a visual block for the other then it should be for you as well.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 14

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,615 posts
10,339 battles

Well the whole shared vision mechanic that WoWs has kinda defeats the purpose smoke had historically most of the time. 

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
13,739 posts
4 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Well the whole shared vision mechanic that WoWs has kinda defeats the purpose smoke had historically most of the time. 

Hard to imagine wows is a game and not a historically accurate simulator.  Who'da thunkit?

[KWF]
Members
4,960 posts
6,612 battles
10 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

If you think about it objective smoke is a stupid idea. If your in smoke you should not be able to see out of it at all. It is a visual block for the other then it should be for you as well.

But you can't see and have to rely on your teammates for spotting. It works both ways. A misplaced smoke can often cost you important vision to the enemies.

• Cool 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

If no one is spotting. Smoke does block your vision...

A smoke complaint thread? Haven't seen one of these in awhile.

Members
3,143 posts
584 battles

after taking a second to so some research.....the only clear conclusion is that  SMOKE is not your issue....

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
20 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Before you go "well you can torp" or "you can blind fire into it" the idea that you can see perficty out of smoke of a ship is spotted is just plane stupid.

Remember that the only reason radar is in the game is because of smoke. A rank season were no one moved because smoke was every were.

At lower tiers there is nothing most ships can do and at hire tires most ships are helpless.

And here it comes "well just get better" we say that about radar and its "radar is broken" or "its not real that radar sees around islands". In the same breath I get "well its a game not a sim" 

I think that radar, hydro, and smoke might just be in the game because they were all used historically and this is a historically-based game. I just love smoke as is usually tells me just where the DD or cruisers might be. My crowing achievement in my Atago was to torp smoke and sink three ships at once. I still dream about doing that once again.

As for visual block. There existed in the 20th Century something called radio. If a single ship could spot the enemy it could direct fire for all of the other ships. I was in the artillery, this is what the forward observers did. I was attached to a platoon of recon infantry once as their medic. It's both impressive and very scary being within a few hundred meters of the artillery and air strikes when they are called in.

• Cool 2

Members
900 posts
2,737 battles
26 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

No, I refuse to hire tires. 

You forget tires are the hardest working demographics of the northern hemisphere!  You are doing yourself a disservice in not having tires in your workplace.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,554 posts
15,650 battles

Smoke already block any kind of vision. If you want to use your smoke, you need someone else to spot for you.

If I follow your logic, then radar should be LOS only. Just git gud.

Edited by AlcatrazNC
  • Boring 1

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,689 battles
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

You’ve played too many battles to be this stupid.

Not the way I'd have put it, but he has the right idea.

OP, this is a game, an arcade game, not a simulation. As such, there's simply no way to make every single player 100% happy, because of balance within the game, between ships and tiers. That after over 10k rounds you still have issues with the basic mechanics of the game tells me that the problem resides with you.

More, raging about things you don't like or agree with doesn't do anything but cause you to look like a very selfish player. I'm not saying that's what you are, I'm saying how you post leaves one with that impression.

• Cool 1

Members
938 posts
16,048 battles

smoke is balanced when lot of radar/hydro ships now..so shut up and just play. plus hahahahahahaha smoke has been nerf too many times already, if you not aware or just refuse to adapt..zzzz stupid rant thread

• Boring 2

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles
7 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Over 11k battles and still doesn't understand basic game mechanics...:Smile_facepalm:

Willful ignorance is a powerful state of mind that is not easily broken, unfortunately.

Edited by suleiman71

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
18 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Over 11k battles and still doesn't understand basic game mechanics...:Smile_facepalm:

How many battles does it take to totally grasp ALL the nuances of this game? Seems you feel you are THE expert based on what you have said in prior posts.  Pls tell.  Pls. :Smile_smile:  You are aware that sh#t changes bout every month. Well, maybe you are not. :Smile_glasses:

Edited by dmckay
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,306 posts
12,210 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
322 posts
3,565 battles
56 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Preempting your own post by telling people not to mention things that refute your observations is a very honest way to argue. The only way you could make this post better is by lacking even a basic understanding of the mechanic you are complaining about. :Smile_smile: 

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles
8 minutes ago, dmckay said:

How many battles does it take to totally grasp ALL the nuances of this game? Seems you feel you are THE expert based on what you have said in prior posts.  Pls tell.  Pls. :Smile_smile:  You are aware that sh#t changes bout every month. Well, maybe you are not. :Smile_glasses:

after 6,646 battles you've appeared to have grasped zero of the nuance of the game and have no the ability to call yourself an "expert".

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, suleiman71 said:

after 6,646 battles you've appeared to have grasped zero of the nuance of the game and have no the ability to call yourself an "expert".

"No the ability"  Heh.  By the way I never called myself an "expert".  Yawn...:Smile_sceptic:  Pls....try harder. Heh