You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BaryOnyxx

The Flip Side of the Coin (was: Santa's 20X Mega Gift Boxes ($75 worth))

8 comments in this topic

[GOSF]
Members
263 posts
3,965 battles

I've always considered it disingenuous, or downright dishonorable to complain when things don't go your way, but not give appropriate accolades when they do.  A couple of days ago, I told my account of purchasing a 20X Santa's Mega Gift Box, and out of the 20 drawings, 11 were for the New Year's Streamer camo, for a total of 220 of the same.  I did receive a Tier-VI DD, which I was grateful for, but my specific complaint was for the lack of diversity in the random gift drawings (NOT for the fact that I didn't receive enough ships!), given that WoWS has such a diverse catalogue of possible gifts.

So, given that I was in a jovial mood, I said; "(expletive deleted) it, what's $75?  I'll give WG a chance to redeem themselves.  I was ready for another avalanche of New Year's camo; completely prepared.  And what did happen?  Whelp...….

Drawing 1:   A Kii.  I thought this was my ship for the box, and the cascade of camos would now ensue.

Drawing 2: 20x NY camo.  Ah-ha!  Told you!  Here we go, I thought.

Drawing 3:  Okhotnik.  Wow, two ships in one drawing.  The onslaught is sure to start, now...

Drawing 4: 5x Mosaic camo.   Hmmm...…  What's going on here?

Drawing 5: 30x Hydra signal.  Now I'm looking behind my 32" monitor to make sure I don't have gremlins patching in a bogus signal...

Drawing 6: Gallant.  Checking my drink for traces of previously imbibed LSD....this can't be happening...?

Drawing 7: 30x Ouroboros.  I'm completely incredulous at this point, as the drawings were unique, and very valuable.  This can't continue, I thought...

Drawing 8: Kamikaze.  Which is what I was about ready to do at this point.  What in the @$$?

Drawing 9: DeGrasse.  Now I'm starting to feel downright guilty for my prior complaining.  Even if all the rest were all NY camos, this was an awesome box!

Drawings 10 & 11: 2,000 doubloons, each.  4,000 doubloons to crown off 5 nice ships, and a nice assortment of signals and camo.  Just dumbfounded at this point.

Drawing 12: 30x Leviathan.   Ummm…..?

Drawing 13: 2,000 doubloons.  Facepalm.

Drawing 14: 20x NY camo.  I actually felt a little relieved with that one; this was becoming highway robbery, and I was starting to feel bad for WG...

Drawing 15: 5x Spring Sky.  Another nice camo.

Drawing 16: Haida.  Relief is short lived, as I'm now up to 6 ships, and a great assortment of signals, camo, and doubloons.

Drawing 17: 2,000 doubloons.  Sigh.  Now I'm literally WISHING for more NY camo, as I feel like I'm *truly* robbing WG...

Drawing 18: 30x Red Dragon.  No respite from the good luck.  I'm  just going to have to be strong, and take all these great gifts like a man.

Drawing 19: 20x NY camo.  FINALLY!  Some bad luck!  It was about time!

Drawing 20: 20x NY camo.  I was so relieved!   This box was so lopsided, that I honestly felt bad for WG!

All silliness aside, as I said, if one is going to complain when things don't go well, they should also speak up, and give the establishment (WG) due credit, when things go extremely well.  It's obvious that I just got two particularly uneven drawings; the first was very unfavorable (220 NY camo), the second was very favorable (6 ships, 8k doubloons, and a great assortment of camo and signals).  As long as there is a realistic possibility for things to go extremely well, as well as extremely unfavorably, I have no complaints - balance is key.

Thanks WG!!!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
23,050 battles

If you had very few premium ships the santa crates are a steal.   If you owned most of the premium ships the crates were worthless.  Thats been the general feel.

Edited by deresistance
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,193 posts
14,756 battles
15 minutes ago, Rotten_Fish said:

Drawing 5: 30x Hydra signal.  Now I'm looking behind my 32" monitor to make sure I don't have gremlins patching in a bogus signal...

gremlin.jpg

Oh, and of course.

6B2KxB1.jpg

[GOSF]
Members
263 posts
3,965 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

gremlin.jpg

Oh, and of course.

6B2KxB1.jpg

Tres cool!   (sorry, not sure how to put an accent on the "e")

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,193 posts
14,756 battles
12 minutes ago, deresistance said:

If you had very few premium ships the santa crates are a steal.   If you owned most of the premium ships the crates were worthless.  Thats been the general feel.

I have an insane amount of premium ships and still got the T-61 from the five Santa's Mega gifts I bought myself, the Perth from a mission provided Santa gift, and a Krasny Krym from five Santa's Big Gifts I was given.

[KWF]
Members
4,954 posts
6,612 battles

Thanks for confirmation that RNG based items will be RNG based :Smile_trollface:. On a more serious note, quite good that you managed to get your worth back with those latest crates.

[RMRGD]
Members
455 posts
23,050 battles
50 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have an insane amount of premium ships and still got the T-61 from the five Santa's Mega gifts I bought myself, the Perth from a mission provided Santa gift, and a Krasny Krym from five Santa's Big Gifts I was given.

I got a few premiums that I didn't have but most CCs as well as a lot of people online confirmed....    RNG is RNG but having less premiums made your chances better then not.   WG obviously won't comment on the algorithm used, but I would bet that the less you have the more likely you will get a premium ship.   Which is totally good and I am fine with it.    Helps players stay with the game all for that.