You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shinzon1

Just played a few matches on the test server...

10 comments in this topic

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,982 battles

I am in absolute shock at how ineffective full AA builds are. Holy crap WG. I tried a Buffalo full AA spec and never shot down a single plane. Then I tried a Udaloi AA spec with DFAA and I swear it had absolutely no affect whatsoever on CV attacks. I was harassed by rocket planes until I died. What are we supposed to do?

Edited by Shinzon1
grammer
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,889 posts

just stop playing until WG get their senses, this game is supposed to be entertainment, not torture

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,880 posts
6,587 battles

As devs have already mentioned, expect for the next 1-2 updates for the live servers to have the form of a PTS balance wise. The good thing is that since odd tier CVs won't be in the game, you can play Tier IX ranked and possibly a Sprint if its Tier V without them.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
849 posts
7,031 battles

all the more reason to take a month long break after done with PEF campaigns to let the dust settle and WG “balancing” work get implemented.  Maybe i can finally finish FC5 or maybe read a book lol

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,085 posts
14,677 battles
57 minutes ago, Shinzon1 said:

I am in absolute shock at how ineffective full AA builds are. Holy crap WG. I tried a Buffalo full AA spec and never shot down a single plane. Then I tried a Udaloi AA spec with DFAA and I swear it had absolutely no affect whatsoever on CV attacks. I was harassed by rocket planes until I died. What are we supposed to do?

How did you get a random match with a CV on the PT at this time of day?

Remember that the planes spend a heck of a lot more time in your AA as them make multiple passes so you are not going to smack down half or more of a squadron in a single attack. On the CV test server the first one the AA was meh, on the second one it was so strong that getting a single pass in was an accomplishment and on the third one it was more balanced. Also remember that AA is one of the main things that will be changing over the next few months as they get closer to the right balance. This PT really is a test server.

Members
117 posts
44 battles

I'm not too concerned about the AA at this juncture. That's a thing that can be fixed by tuning some parameters.  I think I'll get flak for this but I believe WG are in fact not idiots, and will tune the AA strength as necessary. 

I'm more concerned about core gameplay mechanics which can't be easily fixed. I'm just really concerned that the gameplay isn't quite interesting enough. Already in test server I'm a little bored of the fly out-bomb-repeat gameplay. Maybe it'll turn out more tactically interesting in a "live" environment with 23 other humans -- I hope so.

I'm also concerned about how fun these CV's are to play against. There's a real conundrum in the design I think -- you want to give the CV player an opportunity to fly out quickly and do strikes at a rapid pace. This is all there is for him to do anyway, and otherwise it'd get really boring. But for the ship being targetted, this will mean an ENDLESS stream of strike planes coming in. 

They said they hope to remove all limitations on CV's in MM. I think this would be a horrible idea. Being mobbed by three CV's coordinating on TS would be enough to make a person uninstall. 

[BLHK]
Members
558 posts
2 minutes ago, jss78 said:

I'm not too concerned about the AA at this juncture. That's a thing that can be fixed by tuning some parameters.  I think I'll get flak for this but I believe WG are in fact not idiots, and will tune the AA strength as necessary. 

Please refrain from bringing intelligent thoughtful comments to rant threads!!!

:cap_rambo:

[USFF]
Members
434 posts
6,982 battles
2 minutes ago, jss78 said:

I'm more concerned about core gameplay mechanics which can't be easily fixed. I'm just really concerned that the gameplay isn't quite interesting enough. Already in test server I'm a little bored of the fly out-bomb-repeat gameplay. Maybe it'll turn out more tactically interesting in a "live" environment with 23 other humans -- I hope so.

I'm also concerned about how fun these CV's are to play against. There's a real conundrum in the design I think -- you want to give the CV player an opportunity to fly out quickly and do strikes at a rapid pace. This is all there is for him to do anyway, and otherwise it'd get really boring. But for the ship being targetted, this will mean an ENDLESS stream of strike planes coming in. 

They said they hope to remove all limitations on CV's in MM. I think this would be a horrible idea. Being mobbed by three CV's coordinating on TS would be enough to make a person uninstall. 

Great points. But we have seen them go in an entirely different direction on balancing before. Like you 1 or 2 CVs per side at the most is all I think people can handle. Anymore than that and I'm probably gone to. 

[ART15]
Members
14 posts
11,272 battles
1 hour ago, missile742 said:

all the more reason to take a month long break after done with PEF campaigns to let the dust settle and WG “balancing” work get implemented.  Maybe i can finally finish FC5 or maybe read a book lol

Good idea!  We've talked about only playing tier 1 and 2 ships.  In co-op.  No cv's.