You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Playing the Kronshtadt

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
718 posts

I cant seem to figure this ship out and how its supposed to play. Is there some sort of special way this thing is supposed to be played or am I just that bad?

I dont have the Moskva, or any Russian cruiser really, so is there some sort of special way to play them?

Are there any videos that really show how its supposed to be played properly?

[BBICT]
Members
3,886 posts
4,243 battles

Here is a good game by @Notser in her. 

I too am having trouble mastering her. She is the most Jekyll and Hyde ship I've ever had. One salvo you get jack, the next you double citadel on a Montana. I just dunno. Same with taking damage. One second your tanking like a Sharn, next second a shell comes from nowhere, and you get deleted... 

Now don't get me wrong I want to like her, and I'm glad I bought her... but this has been a stormy courtship so far... 

Beta Testers
718 posts

I saw that video a while ago, but I still cant seem to get the ship to work for me. Kind of regretting buying it at this point. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Got her myslef and I can't seem to make up my mind to use AP or HE Spamming. But looking at that video, AP all the way then. 

[GOSF]
Members
263 posts
3,965 battles
7 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Got her myslef and I can't seem to make up my mind to use AP or HE Spamming. But looking at that video, AP all the way then. 

I didn't realize they were for sale - I thought they were awarded for some incredible feat or another.  Are they for sale?

Members
31 posts
3,307 battles

Kron is a BB against CAs, and is a CA against BBs.

I see her do good work at flank force or push with BBs.

But she dies real quick when she is not in a group.

[WOLFA]
Members
824 posts
7,143 battles
1 minute ago, Rotten_Fish said:

I didn't realize they were for sale - I thought they were awarded for some incredible feat or another.  Are they for sale?

750k free experience and she's yours.

I almost bought the Kron but decided to wait for Alaska. I think I'll like her more.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

Alsaka just got nerf with the fire damage duration. 

Members
1,104 posts
12,142 battles
31 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

I saw that video a while ago, but I still cant seem to get the ship to work for me. Kind of regretting buying it at this point. 

That’s because you were looking at the WRONG video.

• Cool 1

[GOSF]
Members
263 posts
3,965 battles
46 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

750k free experience and she's yours.

I almost bought the Kron but decided to wait for Alaska. I think I'll like her more.

Thank you for the info, I truly appreciate it.  I'm optimistic, as I'm only 749,000 XP short....  Re: Alaska; if they model her with any fidelity to her real-life characteristics, you'll love her - until you get hit by a torpedo...……   Most American ships are designed to work as part of a fleet, with specific ships performing specific duties - again, in real life.  AK had literally no torp protection, and as such, was intended to operate behind a screen of DDs/CLs/CAs, whatever was available.  But again, this is real life;  how WG will model her is up to them.

Peace

Members
117 posts
44 battles

I'm not the greatest player with her, but for me the TL;DR is ... she's still a radar heavy cruiser.

I find her quite comfortable coming from 100+ games in the Des Moines. Against cruisers and (too) bravely angled BB's your AP does tremendous work. HE is useful enough to lean back on if necessary, but hopefully not too often. Like in Des Moines, I still try to support team mates in pushing caps.

She's relaxing to play because it's still familiar enough, for a radar cruiser veteran -- I can do the same stuff -- but for the first time ever, I can actually tank quite a few shots (provided I angle well).

[-TXT-]
Members
549 posts
13,334 battles

Ok this is what I have learn. Cruisers you will over pen almost all the time, So that not your main target. BB most of the time take full damage and you can cit them alot.

So if you have the choice of a Broadside cruiser or a BB. Hit the BB.  Even if the BB is farther away.

Now if the Cruiser is angled but not to the point of  auto ricohet  then he will eat full pen damage.

AND FOR GOD SAKE DO NOT PLAYER HER LIKE A BB. She is a super hvy Cruiser..

She is not tanky. She is not a Moskva or a Stalingrad

She has bake in IFHE so all HE shell should pen

Edited by warp103