Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EasternSun

Extreme Lag Spikes in Game

Anyone getting Lag Spikes in the Game  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Lag Spikes and how Often

• Consistent Lag Spikes
    • Intermittent Lag Spikes
    • No Lag Spikes

27 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
Members
320 posts
6,227 battles

Today i've been experiencing massive lag spikes lasting 2 seconds each time.

I've checked my connection 1gbps(FIOS) and no other game or test shows an issue.

• Cool 3

Members
5,031 posts
8,533 battles

Next step is to do a tracert to the servers and see what the route is like.  What was done to 'check the connection'?

Members
5,031 posts
8,533 battles

Looking at Pingplotter it looks like there are a couple hops in GA (I am in Ohio ) and LA, CA where the latency doubles.  Goes from 21 ms to 40ms to then more than double in CA to 90-98 ms - before it ever gets to the WG servers.

[OO7]
Beta Testers
278 posts
17,849 battles

my spikes on the east coast were intermittent at various points in the game to as much as 800ms from my standard 34ms not to mention serious frame drops which were not from my end! these issues have to stop! Everybody back to work in Austin!

[DHO-2]
Members
2 posts
2,358 battles

My lag/rubberbanding was the same as timmyg1004 above.  Some matches would be fine, others were just unplayable.  Would be hitting 34 - 50ms but then spike to 600 - 800 ms with freezing and then rubberbanding back.  I have been playing for almost year and this is the first time I have encountered this.  From the Balt/Washington D.C. area in US.

[-BRS-]
Members
28 posts
20,286 battles

Today is only the 2nd time in 3 years this issue happened to me. Usually run 34ms. Today 34ms bouncing up to 600ms & herkie jerking across the screen at times.

I am in Virginia

Beta Testers
587 posts
1,640 battles

I get lag spikes where my ping will go up to almost 1000 and then down to -35ms and hang there for several seconds.  Then it's like when you hit fast forward on a DVR as everything catches up.  They used to happen frequently when I first started playing again.  Thankfully they are somewhat rare for me now.

[-NOS-]
Members
1,135 posts
18,924 battles
45 minutes ago, Torpedo_Eater said:

My lag/rubberbanding was the same as timmyg1004 above.  Some matches would be fine, others were just unplayable.  Would be hitting 34 - 50ms but then spike to 600 - 800 ms with freezing and then rubberbanding back.  I have been playing for almost year and this is the first time I have encountered this.  From the Balt/Washington D.C. area in US.

I'm in Northern Virginia, been playing this game since beta and this is the first time i got horrendous ping time of 700ms to 1500ms!  have 1Gig FIOS here and no other game or internet speed issue whatsoever.   This is absolutely unplayable, been like this all day today and yesterday, actually since the latest update that's when the issue start.

Members
5,031 posts
8,533 battles
2 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

I'm in Northern Virginia, been playing this game since beta and this is the first time i got horrendous ping time of 700ms to 1500ms!  have 1Gig FIOS here and no other game or internet speed issue whatsoever.   This is absolutely unplayable, been like this all day today and yesterday, actually since the latest update that's when the issue start.

Internet speed does not mean low lag or no issues along the way.  The last few posts are classic packet loss issues along the route.  Vast majority playing are not seeing mass issues so using something like Pingplotter to do trace routes to the servers would tell you where  the issue is.  Packetloss is almost never a result of the end servers having issues - it usually happens well before the end server.

• Cool 1

[WAR02]
Members
1 post
16,653 battles

In Maryland and been experiencing the high ping (1000+ ms) a lot today.  First time I have noticed it ever.  Reboot no help.  Must be Warships.

[SAINT]
Members
717 posts
14,055 battles

Did you guys check your WG updater? Before I turned mine off I would get those ping / lag spikes and then see that the updater was running even though it was late in the day.  

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Was playing then suddenly had a lag spike, I only had one which is not too bad. 

[OTG]
Beta Testers
592 posts
8,850 battles

Glad to see its not just me.  Didnt have any issues after the last patch all the way up to Monday afternoon.  Played Tuesday afternoon and got ping spikes.  Never got them before.  Was only happening on my Monty but then started to happen on Graf Spree too.  Adjusted my graphics down, still happened.  1 day of premium wasted.  

[H_]
Members
623 posts
10,799 battles

I have been having this problem since Monday -  didn't do a trace yet..  The wargaming center is running in the background but it always is I have never turned if off and it's not been a problem. eh maybe i'll try that also. doubt it's the issue though.

34ms is my usual ping.. Central VA to server..

died a couple of times during "events", really intermittent also,  there was no detectable pattern that I could figure out.

Which is why at first I thought maybe the PC was doing some load / update in the background.. but it's been two days so.. kind of rules that out.

Probably not the server itself, but most likely a route issue getting to the server..  See what happens tonight.

[H_]
Members
623 posts
10,799 battles

And it was fine last night, no issues no lag spikes..  Go figure, so whatever was wrong is fixed.

[PHASE]
Members
5,209 posts
17,679 battles
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:38 PM, EasternSun said:

Today i've been experiencing massive lag spikes lasting 2 seconds each time.

I've checked my connection 1gbps(FIOS) and no other game or test shows an issue.

I recall this happening a year ago or so. I have also started to notice it again.... not bad but noticeable. I just reboot and start fresh and seems to fix it for several hours.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,643 posts
17,645 battles
On 1/1/2019 at 6:03 PM, timmyg1004 said:

my spikes on the east coast were intermittent at various points in the game to as much as 800ms from my standard 34ms not to mention serious frame drops which were not from my end! these issues have to stop! Everybody back to work in Austin!

Mine was so bad that it completely kicked me out of the game a few times.

Other times the game turns into something that looks much like a slide show.

With ships jumping across the screen you just hope it does not happen in the middle of a close game or an important shot.

Members
1 post
1,444 battles
On 1/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Xcalib3r said:

Same area as you two, and I've been getting intermittent rubber banding for the past few days.

[LOI]
Members
7 posts

Same, 2 months ago I upgraded to a 5g, I have double checked and triple checked and everything is fine other than this game lately. The funny thing it comes in spikes (like old school lag switches in console COD series).

Wargaming really should take a closer look into things (not saying it's their fault) lately things have been like the game has had sync issues more.

Sign in to follow this