Sign in to follow this  
Ocoda

Lag spikes

26 comments in this topic

[PLDN]
Members
219 posts

i thought it was just my system but last game i was in several players both sides announced they were getting lag spikes. i was over 2100 at one point. this just started to happen last night and has continued up till now. i have rebooted my system my internet. i even called verizon my carrier who couldn't see any issue with my ping. I've also done several tests and my ping is fine except when playing this game. is anyone else suffering  from this ?

Edited by Ocoda

[C-1]
Members
437 posts
7,510 battles

been happening. Lag spikes, "Transaction Errors", skipping end results screen... the list continues

WG has botched something and is probably so focused on the CV rework, nothing is going to get done to fix it until that's out. IF they have anything fixed, it will probably be out with the CV update... at which time (from the looks of the current setup) those issues will be just a drop in the bucket.

Members
506 posts
10,200 battles

Saw it tonight, really bad spikes as well. Don't see it on other games or streaming video (Amazon Prime, Netflix). Hope it clears up by tomorrow. I do enough ISP troubleshooting for my work already :)

Members
22 posts
3,831 battles
On 1/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, Ocoda said:

i thought it was just my system but last game i was in several players both sides announced they were getting lag spikes. i was over 2100 at one point. this just started to happen last night and has continued up till now. i have rebooted my system my internet. i even called verizon my carrier who couldn't see any issue with my ping. I've also done several tests and my ping is fine except when playing this game. is anyone else suffering  from this ?

I also had horrible Lag on Tuesday the 1st - I'm also on Verizon FIOS.  They factory reset my router which did nothing.  There was no lag yesterday, and I just experienced my first game today with the lag again and someone else in the game mentioned the Lag at the same time.  It's only happening in World of Warships, my other games are playing fine.  So it seems to be an issue with Verizon communicating with WoWs servers???

Edited by whskytangofxtrot

[KRAK]
Members
1,128 posts
13,418 battles

I sailed around last night between 320 ms (normal-satellite internet) to a negative 32 (-32) PING value where the ship still sails with no control over anything, then it recovers all by itself.

[CUTER]
Members
824 posts
24,366 battles

I want to confirm this @iKami@Radar_X@Femennenly@Gneisenau013.

Many clan members are experiencing this and it is not on our end.  Was in a division yesterday as well as solo and again today experiencing ping spikes from 200-1400ms and complete game freezes.  If you would like screenshots or replays, let me know and I will provide.

Thanks.

Needless to say, this is causing a lot of frustration amongst players.

Edited by Kongo_Pride

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

I've been seeing my ping climb from 35-400 and then bounce down during matches repeatedly. I'm also on verizon fios, which typically runs the game at 35 flat.

[IXM]
Members
601 posts
3,328 battles

I'm also experiencing this, and it's only with this game. I have Verizon Fios as well, and as the person above mentioned, WoWS usually runs at 30-40 ping with no lag whatsoever. This is a recent issue that needs to get resolved.

[CUTEZ]
Beta Testers
8 posts
7,571 battles

I've had it 3 days in a row now.. ping spikes up  to 1500++. For all this games slower pace, even that amount of lag is unbearable

[PLDN]
Members
219 posts
6 minutes ago, Cruiser_Yura said:

I've had it 3 days in a row now.. ping spikes up  to 1500++. For all this games slower pace, even that amount of lag is unbearable

mine has been over the past 3 days and i almost cost my clan a clan battle because of it 

Members
22 posts
3,831 battles
43 minutes ago, Ocoda said:

was ok yesterday but today its back with a vengeance 

Yeah it was bad today.  Still going on as we speak.  My latency spikes up into the 400-2000 mark and all of the ships intermittently freeze.  This sounds like it might be a Verizon issue more so then a WoWs one.  The only question is how to get them to address it.  It's odd that it started on January 1st.  I wonder if it is tied to a policy change that happened at the start of the new year.  Perhaps @iKami@Radar_X@Femennenly@Gneisenau013 can hook us up with a network technician on wargaming's side.

[CUTEZ]
-Members-
1,641 posts
1,067 battles
12 hours ago, whskytangofxtrot said:

Yeah it was bad today.  Still going on as we speak.  My latency spikes up into the 400-2000 mark and all of the ships intermittently freeze.  This sounds like it might be a Verizon issue more so then a WoWs one.  The only question is how to get them to address it.  It's odd that it started on January 1st.  I wonder if it is tied to a policy change that happened at the start of the new year.  Perhaps @iKami@Radar_X@Femennenly@Gneisenau013 can hook us up with a network technician on wargaming's side.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your latency issues. 

Please submit all information that you have in a support ticket. 

Thanks!

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[RSWF]
Members
16 posts
9,058 battles

Yes --- seeing 1 to 2 second periodic screen freeze.  Verizon fios.  Starting afternoon of 1/1.

Not occurring all the time.

Ensuring all drivers are current and reinstalling wows did not resolve it.

In one co-op game on 1/1, I asked in chat if anyone else was having the problem --- no one else was experiencing the screen freezes.

Was good yesterday am.  Reoccurred last night.  Then internet went down altogether.  Maybe it's verizon problem?

3 games this morning were all ok. (All I had time for before work)

(P.S.  couple dozen games this evening -- so far all good)

Edited by SwissSteel

[NDA]
Supertester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

Same issue here and also on Verizon FIOS.  Seeing a trend showing up.
When I run a ping/trace monitor while playing, it doesn't detect anything but game will freeze for about 1-2 seconds and 'catch up' afterwards.  
No other online games seem to be affected.
I'm trying to gather some info to forward that actually shows the issue happening..

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
207 posts

Running on Cox in Arizona with no ping spikes, lag, or freezes with Wows or Wot.

[TWFT]
Members
9 posts
12,912 battles

I have the same issue. Lag spikes of 850-3,000 ms and the game freezes up. It has gotten so bad I only play coop now till it is resolved. And I am on FIOS also. This happens almost every round I play.  In all ofter games including FPS I have no lag spikes or freezing.

Members
11 posts
5,965 battles

Sorry to break it to you guys but this has been going on a LONG time.  I am on Comcast / Xfinity.  Started back in the summer.  Very intermittent but the same thing you are describing.  Game starts to lag / suffer latency as the match progresses to where I have a 5-10 second delay and positional errors.  I did troubleshooting with Comcast and WoWS to no solution in the summer and then later in the fall.  WoWS says it is your ISP.  ISP sees no issues to WoWS servers.  WoWS says it is your equipment.  I have now switched out both my modem and router to much improved equipment.  I can go days where things are fine and then suddenly games are laggy as hell.  Modem and router resets with full release of IP config and DNS servers sometimes helps...which I have noticed caused changes in the hops to WoWS servers and the ports for the hops into WoWS servers.  So I cannot say that is ISP or WoWS fault.  But this has been going on for a LONG time...

KKrusher

Members
5,033 posts
8,542 battles

When  people get lag and ping spikes they really, really, really need to do a tracert using something like Ping Plotter to the WG servers to verify there is no massive spikes or packetloss going to the servers.   If people really on service speed and speed tests then they are not seeing the route which is separate from speed tests.  Fast internet connections does not mean low latency as well...    The route needs to be checked as the first part of troubleshooting and yes - even if it is only one game.  Games do not use the same route to different game servers.  Then reboot the modem and router...

If you still have lag and ping spikes and Pingplotter shows no lag/packet loss in the route - then post with screenshots of the trace to support.

[SALTY]
Supertester
230 posts
6,541 battles

A few of the biggest reasons that causes lag in home networking are directly related to the ISP provided router/wireless. Many are buggy and woefully underpowered in the hardware specs to maintain the high and dynamic data rates that a server side game requires. In many cases you can either completely replace these routers with a beefier third-party wifi router such as those made by linksys, netgear or ASUS, or add one after the ISP provided one and put the ISP router in bridge mode. This is the method that is usually required for a cable or DSL connection unless you buy a modem/router combo that fits your connection type. Their wireless coverage tends to not only be better than that of the ISP provided device, but they handle multiple or bandwidth hungry connections better as well. It's an extra cost but it is worth it in my experience and opinion.

[PLDN]
Members
219 posts
22 hours ago, SnipeySnipes said:

A few of the biggest reasons that causes lag in home networking are directly related to the ISP provided router/wireless. Many are buggy and woefully underpowered in the hardware specs to maintain the high and dynamic data rates that a server side game requires. In many cases you can either completely replace these routers with a beefier third-party wifi router such as those made by linksys, netgear or ASUS, or add one after the ISP provided one and put the ISP router in bridge mode. This is the method that is usually required for a cable or DSL connection unless you buy a modem/router combo that fits your connection type. Their wireless coverage tends to not only be better than that of the ISP provided device, but they handle multiple or bandwidth hungry connections better as well. It's an extra cost but it is worth it in my experience and opinion.

i run a direct connection to my router

Sign in to follow this