RedDragonEmporer

Last update causes hardware issues???

13 comments in this topic

Supertester
48 posts
5,640 battles

So interesting issue after last patch.

When playing wows my computer acts funky:

1. Game causes whole computer to freeze and requires manual power off and restart
2. Secondary Hard Drive or DVD Drive disappears from "My Computer"

Now I know what you're thinking and I've checked all my hardware/software. Did a fresh install of Windows 7, World of Warships, software etc and nothing works or helps and this issue ONLY occurs when playing WOWS. I can play ALL of my other PC games without issue but the moment I log into WOWS and play a match this is what occurs at random. I can only conclude the latest patch had done something and am at a loss.

[-VT-]
Members
612 posts
28,811 battles

I can call 'Ditto!" on #1.

A game last night and my screen froze...except I saw my own ship sail away.  Could not move camera.  Could not communicate in game.  Nothing.

What I COULD do was exit to port.  But once there I could not move to a different ship.  So I tried to exit the game.  Nothing worked -- oh, I could hit the 'ESC' key and choose exit game but nothing actually happened.  Tried right clicking the window icon in the tray and 'Close Window' ---nothing happened.  The only way to exit the game was to do a full restart of my computer.

Sab

20181231_212448_PBSD506-Gallant_20_NE_two_brothers.wowsreplay

Edited by Sabene

[PN]
Beta Testers
8,126 posts
19,912 battles

Windows 7 still? Really? Windows 10 going on 4 years old now and it was free to upgrade. Perhaps there lies your problem. 

Supertester
48 posts
5,640 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Windows 7 still? Really? Windows 10 going on 4 years old now and it was free to upgrade. Perhaps there lies your problem. 

Been using Windows 7 for a long time. WOWS never gave me an issue for 7 and Windows 10 is god awful with its Vending Machine GUI

• Funny 1

[BGA]
Members
18 posts
3,600 battles

Can confirm this happens with Windows 10 too not just a Windows 7 problem. Screen freezes and everything just stops. Have only been getting this for the last week

[KRAK]
Members
1,119 posts
13,356 battles

I get this too, about 2 times a day, puts a dent on your win rate.

I also have pings that go to negative 32 (-32 shown). Then back to 320 ms a few seconds later, where I find my shells landing waaay behind the target. I'll shoot a salvo way in front to accommodate this, and then have shells head off in different directions according to turret aim, which has lost synch.

Some way behind, some way in front. Then, as a mouse fire button buffer dump, the ship will shoot by itself for a few seconds, shooting out commands from 15 seconds ago. Red DD sails off in contested cap, scratching its head.

Normal frame rates are 75 fps with my GPU and game settings.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,014 posts
8,024 battles
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 5:03 AM, RedDragonEmporer said:

Game causes whole computer to freeze and requires manual power off and restart

yup. here too

Members
5,022 posts
8,495 battles
On 1/1/2019 at 8:11 AM, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Not Win7 - been using it the entire time I have been playing WoWs with zero issues - even with the newest patch.  I have Win7Pro and Win10 Pro is not a free option.

and Windows 10 is god awful with its Vending Machine GUI

I have had to use it for work and the UI can be changed easily and get rid of the 'vending machine' look.

[SALTY]
Supertester
230 posts
6,518 battles

This almost looks to be a driver related issue where is does not play well with WOWs. Would be interested in seeing you dxdiag.

[ROCKR]
Members
300 posts
11,996 battles

Ditto on all of that. $4500 rig hardwired into beefy net. Game freezes or stutters every battle it seems. Only during gameplay though.

Members
1,832 posts
6,030 battles

just installed a new vid card, and having exactly the same stuff go on. everything else works great...

[AKKI]
Members
1 post
5,946 battles

Since the the update, my FPS went way down.  I used to play on very high graphics with no problem.  Now I have to play on very low and I still get 33fps which sucks!  Updated my drivers and that did nothing......Im at a loss!