Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
bigalow87

Huanghe, My best so far..

14 comments in this topic

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

Oh. My. God. Spectacular results in a floating pile of literal garbage. I will surely savor this one.

Excellently played captain!

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
673 posts
21,447 battles

Wow...21 Cits! Nice...  I have the Huanghe and feel she gets a bad rap. Her guns are strong and laser beams. AA is solid, torps and funky walking smoke. Would be nice if they upped her total hit points to the Leander/Perth (not sure what she has but I feel it’s a few thousand less than those two).

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,031 battles

Got one out of an SC this Christmas.

Reviews and tutorials are less than encouraging.

Played a few battles...  then I looked at those GROZOVOI main guns it has for secondaries....

Wish I saw that before I set the ship up.  The secondaries are better than the main guns.  The torps are an annoyance at best..  3 hits on a DD and it didn't sink.

The Perth Crawl is a normal tactic.  Most folks don't know this about the HuangHe..  They torp the cloud, not knowing the cloud MOVES.

I see it as a fun boat..

Kudos for the excellent mission.:cap_rambo:

Members
378 posts
14,309 battles
9 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

The torps are an annoyance at best..  3 hits on a DD and it didn't sink.

Been there, done that (was even a T5 dd ffs). BTW, I ended up with over 15k damage from my secondaries in the above match without having IFHE skill. Unfortunately, this ship does not survive long enough in close range battles to make good use of them. This was a once in 1000 matches occurrence.

really.thumb.jpg.9355b65d6792304a0b38bd6e6c5b00ee.jpg

Edited by bigalow87

[WOLFC]
Members
2,018 posts
10,520 battles
On 1/1/2019 at 9:20 AM, AVR_Project said:

The torps are an annoyance at best..  3 hits on a DD and it didn't sink.

FWIW, 1 /  3 of my kills have been with torps or floods.  

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,031 battles
2 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

FWIW, 1 /  3 of my kills have been with torps or floods.  

In all my 50+ missions on the PEF, I didn't see HuangHe at all.  In contrast, I saw the Krasny Krym around 4-5 times, and the Perth about the same.

This ship is sooooo unknown in NA..   Hell, even the red Co-Op bots aren't programmed to know how to respond to me..

Beta Testers
91 posts
7,002 battles

Got ahold of one of these because I wanted a mid tier support cruiser. Haven't actually been disappointed with it so far. Explodes easily but so do other similarly tiered CLs. Low damage but plenty of fires, smoke, hydro, and excellent AA. I'm knocking down 15-25 planes a game when CVs come calling on the BB i'm protecting. For a T6 I don't feel like thats bad at all. Regularly placing second or third for most planes downed on my team each game.  

Members
378 posts
14,309 battles

Took awhile, but I finally topped 4k XP in it. Had to flip / defend a lot of caps to get it done. According to wows-numbers.com 5 players have topped 4k XP in a single match in the Huanghe, i have the 2nd highest total with 4178....

• Cool 1

Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
On 3/5/2019 at 1:45 AM, bigalow87 said:

Took awhile, but I finally topped 4k XP in it. Had to flip / defend a lot of caps to get it done. According to wows-numbers.com 5 players have topped 4k XP in a single match in the Huanghe, i have the 2nd highest total with 4178....

Seems like the shell dispersion is a lot worse than what  stated in the ship specification ? A lot worse than any of the russian tier 6-7 cruisers, and these supposed to be russian guns ,right ?

Members
378 posts
14,309 battles
10 hours ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

Seems like the shell dispersion is a lot worse than what  stated in the ship specification ? A lot worse than any of the russian tier 6-7 cruisers, and these supposed to be russian guns ,right ?

Yeah, for a ship that is supposed to have a post war targeting system, it can be down right disappointing at times, especially for a ship that only fires four guns a majority of the time. What would help it alot would be Krysny Kryms super flat dispersion pattern to keep the freaking shells from flying into the smoke stacks...

• Cool 1

[TF-O7]
Members
50 posts

I just got this ship in a SC this morning. Ive only played three random battles in her so far but all three were wins.

My first I shot down 58 aircraft and sunk 4 ships. Two were CVs.

My second battle ...I died so fast I didn’t even know what happened. 

My third battle I shot down 14 planes and sank 2 ships.

Funny thing was that the first and third battles, I played very reserved like I would with a KM ship. I lived and won those two.

I still don’t know what I think about it yet.  Seems very squishy like an oversized DD with Cits. 

Members
378 posts
14,309 battles

Just topped this tonight with this match. This puts it into 7th place in damage. I'm still in the top ten for max XP in a match with 4178. The previous match I did 89441 damage with 5 kills. Over these 2 matches I did 249889 damage with 9 kills. A good nights work....

shot-20.02.16_00.08.02-0060.jpg

shot-20.02.16_00.18.05-0863.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this