Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
richie_macrophage

My 2018's Premium Collection

15 comments in this topic

Members
941 posts
4,088 battles

2018 was a great year for me on WOWS where I learned many more important techniques in the game, and also managed to earn a lot more ships, including three new tier tens (Republique, Des Moines, Conqueror)

I made one of these charts for that "other game" and decided why not make one for this game too.

So, quickly from MS Paint, I made a crappy chart showcasing my premium ships collected as of 1/1/2019, and my individual ratings for the time I spent with this ship.

This is all opinion, but the scale is (Purple=Really good)(Blue=Good)(Green=Decent)(Yellow=Mediocre)(Orange=Bad)(Red=Terrible)

So here it is.

1712448165_wowspremiums.thumb.png.066af95b8bfc1aac2ec283e11f323929.png

Happy New Year's captains, and I wish you all best luck for this year!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
941 posts
4,088 battles
8 minutes ago, liangshepherd said:

mm.. I am partially color blind and honestly can't tell the orange/yellow/red apart.. 

Oh, I'll do it for you, no worries!

Tachibana+L = Mediocre

Katori = Terrible

Yubari = Mediocre

Kamikaze = Mediocre

Shinonome = Mediocre

Charleston = Mediocre

Texas = Terrible

Sims = Mediocre

Massachusetts = Bad

Murmansk = Bad

K. Albert = Bad

P. E. Freidrich = Terrible

Campbeltown = Terrible

Gallant = Terrible

Blyskawica = Mediocre

Anshan = Mediocre

Lo Yang = Mediocre

Dunkerque = Mediocre

• Meh 1

[NGA]
Members
2,007 posts
12,261 battles
Just now, richie_macrophage said:

Kamikaze = Mediocre

?

1 minute ago, richie_macrophage said:

This is a troll post isn't it?

• Meh 1

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
28 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

?

Kamikaze at mediocre is ridiculous, but the PEF being terrible is inline with everything I’m seeing. 

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
319 posts
10,692 battles
39 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

Oh, I'll do it for you, no worries!

Tachibana+L = Mediocre

Katori = Terrible

Yubari = Mediocre

Kamikaze = Mediocre

Shinonome = Mediocre

Charleston = Mediocre

Texas = Terrible

Sims = Mediocre

Massachusetts = Bad

Murmansk = Bad

K. Albert = Bad

Campbeltown = Terrible

Gallant = Terrible

Blyskawica = Mediocre

Anshan = Mediocre

Lo Yang = Mediocre

Dunkerque = Mediocre

A few discrepancies from me...

Kamikaze = Mediocre

Massachusetts = Bad

Murmansk = Bad

K. Albert = Bad

Lo Yang = Mediocre

Kamikaze... godlike if well used, so OP WG had to retire it

Massachussetts depends on personal taste... has become one of my personal favourites, specced for secondaries is a beast, if top tier really good.

Murmansk, even after being power creeped, is a decent ship. Long range good guns, excellent torpedoes, decent speed and agility. Was excellent, now playable (weak armor)

K. Albert... another ship retired for being OP... and rated as bad?

P.E. Freidrich... mediocre, but not terrible

Lo Yang... a ship used a lot for ranked cannot be mediocre. That sonar, good guns, good speed... an excellent DD when played to its strengths.

Indianapolis... good??? errr... ??? really??? 

Giulio Cesare... only good??? another OP ship, only drawback is the matchmaking, but when top tier, a beast if played well

Atlanta... good and then Flint... decent??? havent played flint, but as a reward ship, should be better than atlanta (much better torpedoes and inner AA, smoke, for 2 turrets and radar... not sure)

Scharnhorst, however, fully agree... one of my picks for fun, fast, enjoyable games. Love that ship

Good point on this game, everybody has a ship that shoehorn his playstyle. But I have to strongly disagree on Indianapolis being good (was so bad that was given for free on an event) and Massachussets bad (fits my playstyle perfectly, agressive agile brawler with godlike secondaries and decent AA... only if it has 4 more knots, an observation plane or an hydro... :)

Regards

[O_O]
Members
6,749 posts
16,080 battles
4 hours ago, Fastwolf66 said:

another ship retired for being OP... and rated as bad?

These are his results in those ships; not necessarily his evaluation of those ships.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,518 posts
15,596 battles
4 hours ago, galspanic said:

Kamikaze at mediocre is ridiculous, but the PEF being terrible is inline with everything I’m seeing. 

Zoup had a video panning everything about her, and Zoup's defence of the Monaghan was enough to make me buy it.

To be fair to the PEF, I'm beginning to think the disappointment is because everyone expected a Tier 6 Scharnhorst and they didn't get it.

Members
941 posts
4,088 battles
11 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

?

It's my experience on these ships. I'm very bad at destroyers so I have mediocre for most of them, but P. E. F is bad for sure.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,599 posts
27 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Massachusetts is borderline OP, not bad...

I've never been a fan of US BB's, could never seem to get them to work for me.

But I got the Black Mass in a container, and am having a blast. Can't say why but somehow this ship works for me and does far more damage than I ever seemed to squeeze out of the tier ships.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,114 posts
4,173 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Zoup had a video panning everything about her, and Zoup's defence of the Monaghan was enough to make me buy it.

To be fair to the PEF, I'm beginning to think the disappointment is because everyone expected a Tier 6 Scharnhorst and they didn't get it.

Once LWM said "no turleback armor", I knew PEF would not run like my Shiny Horse!

Members
941 posts
4,088 battles
12 hours ago, Fastwolf66 said:

A few discrepancies from me...

Kamikaze = Mediocre

Massachusetts = Bad

Murmansk = Bad

K. Albert = Bad

Lo Yang = Mediocre

Kamikaze... godlike if well used, so OP WG had to retire it

Massachussetts depends on personal taste... has become one of my personal favourites, specced for secondaries is a beast, if top tier really good.

Murmansk, even after being power creeped, is a decent ship. Long range good guns, excellent torpedoes, decent speed and agility. Was excellent, now playable (weak armor)

K. Albert... another ship retired for being OP... and rated as bad?

P.E. Freidrich... mediocre, but not terrible

Lo Yang... a ship used a lot for ranked cannot be mediocre. That sonar, good guns, good speed... an excellent DD when played to its strengths.

Indianapolis... good??? errr... ??? really??? 

Giulio Cesare... only good??? another OP ship, only drawback is the matchmaking, but when top tier, a beast if played well

Atlanta... good and then Flint... decent??? havent played flint, but as a reward ship, should be better than atlanta (much better torpedoes and inner AA, smoke, for 2 turrets and radar... not sure)

Scharnhorst, however, fully agree... one of my picks for fun, fast, enjoyable games. Love that ship

Good point on this game, everybody has a ship that shoehorn his playstyle. But I have to strongly disagree on Indianapolis being good (was so bad that was given for free on an event) and Massachussets bad (fits my playstyle perfectly, agressive agile brawler with godlike secondaries and decent AA... only if it has 4 more knots, an observation plane or an hydro... :)

Regards

I'm perfectly aware that the Kamikaze is one of the best tier V destroyers out there. It's not the ship, it's me. I'm just awful at destroyers, which is why I don't have a good time in them. Same with Lo Yang, I'm aware it's a very competitive ship and I do believe it is, except I don't do well in it.

Massachusetts, yes it does depend on personal taste, I guess.

Murmansk was the best Omaha class cruiser in the game imo, but with the new matchmaking, being frequently in tier 7 matches, I didn't really like it that much by then.

K. Albert I'm aware is a very strong tier 3 battleship. However, tier 3 battleships are not my cup of tea (any dreadnought really isn't) as it's slow, turns slow and has bad dispersion.

Indianapolis: Yes, I actually thought this ship wasn't as bad. It's guns were good to deal with other cruisers and having radar is a nice little touch for it.

Giulio Cesare: This is another ship that I'm aware is very good. It's probably that I  haven't played too many matches in it and never used it to it's full potential, but at least it was still far more enjoyable than any tier 5 battleship for me.

Flint could probably be on the same level as Atlanta. I've only played four matches in Flint and several in the Atlanta. My matches weren't always as lucky as the ones in Atlanta, but once I play it more it should receive a higher rating.

Sign in to follow this