You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
db4100

Prinz Eitel Fredrich Sucks, Worst Premium Ship I Ever Bought

68 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts

This ship sucks even in CO-OP.  I bought it to get the steel, and I am not sure it is even worth the frustration of grinding the missions.  The guns are horrible.  You will be lucky to land 1/2 your rounds at 5km, and even then only one or two will actually do damage.  Does not up-tier well at all, and if you are put into a game with T8s, just log out back to port and just take the pink penalty.  Horrible, horrible, horrible ship.  I am seriously thinking of trying to get my money back from purchasing this crap ship.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Members
1,529 posts
11,578 battles

I don't. Play it more. It's not the worst premium, not by a long shot. It's mediocre; I have had a mix of good and bad games in it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts

I just watched the NoZoupForYou post.....yep.  Ditto what he said, except I didn't play it in ranked battles.....oof

Edited by db4100

[-VCW-]
Members
3,352 posts
16,649 battles

That's why the rest of us will win it and doc it like the other prems won in the past. Only one that was any good was the Graf Spee 

Edited by STINKWEED_

[NOBS]
Members
1,121 posts
8,277 battles
3 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

That's why the rest of us will win it and doc it like the other prems won in the past. Only one that was any good was the Graf Spee 

Liked it so I bought 2!

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
Members
803 posts
38,689 battles

I had mine for free, and with the bundle as well....won it in a contest from WG...I’ll keep it til I earn the extra doubloons, then I’ll sell it 

Edited by Submarine_M1

[ALWC]
Members
1,190 posts
14,928 battles

Well I ranked out in the PEF so I thought it was a pretty decent bote. 

The dispersion was madness at times but I wrecked dds with ap. Secondaries were nice.

I used her speed to flank and push the other team out into the open. I had some huge damage games but those tended to be losses as I was farming damage and the rest of my team died. The games I won really were pushing slow bbs away from me and setting my teammates up. 

Played one game in random. Uptiered to T8. Won’t play again unless there is a T6 ranked. 

Edited by wstugamd

[WOLF7]
Members
12,601 posts
23 minutes ago, db4100 said:

This ship sucks even in CO-OP.  I bought it to get the steel, and I am not sure it is even worth the frustration of grinding the missions.  The guns are horrible.  You will be lucky to land 1/2 your rounds at 5km, and even then only one or two will actually do damage.  Does not up-tier well at all, and if you are put into a game with T8s, just log out back to port and just take the pink penalty.  Horrible, horrible, horrible ship.  I am seriously thinking of trying to get my money back from purchasing this crap ship.

Grind it out, at least you'll get a doubloon reimbursement for completing the mission.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,102 posts
14,324 battles

It a ship that depends a lots of the mm , in a game I went up the middle in 2 brother and managed 180k damage in mine

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts
2 minutes ago, dad003 said:

It a ship that depends a lots of the mm , in a game I went up the middle in 2 brother and managed 180k damage in mine

you must have rammed a BB

• Funny 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,470 posts
17,833 battles
27 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I actually enjoy the Cossack quite a bit and the Katori, when fighting other ships at her tier, is ok. I also liked the ARP ships and the Southern Dragon although they're obviously clones

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,478 battles

I never got the ship as I don’t see any interesting points about it. 

Members
3,832 posts
13,798 battles
2 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

I never got the ship as I don’t see any interesting points about it. 

You can get it for free. But I agree, it isnt really anything interesting to me. Ill try it out a few times when I get it though, just so I can make my own final decision on it.

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts

I even liked the Ashitaka (pre-buffed) when everyone hated it.  I did good with it, and more importantly I enjoyed playing her.  This new German tub is truly a chore to play.  I will finish the missions, get the PEF for free to get my doubloons reimbursed.  Hopefully when players start to get the PEF for free, and will be playing her.....then they will see what the hub bub is all about.  Hopefully WG will listen and buff the crap out of this POS.  No power creep here....

Edited by db4100
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Ah, love people parroting some washed up CC they for some reason watch. PEF is fine, the player is the problem.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 6

[PVE]
Members
477 posts
18,837 battles

I had  high Hope's that PEF could step in for the Lack luster Bayern in Tier VI Operations but no ,it's no improvement really except in speed but, the worst Premium ever? Not by a long shot. 

Try any premium Italian Cruiser and the PEF will seem like the Bismarck 

Edited by commando_brian
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,812 posts
17,008 battles

I do not own the ship, however played against it. I will say one thing on it's behalf. It has really good AA. I like playing the T5 Bogue and the AA the PEF has rivals the Texas.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,651 posts

I think PEF is fun to play.   It just fits my playstyle, I guess.   Also, I don't expect much out of tier 6 ships- esp tier 6 BB's...  It IS a battlecruiser, not a real BB.   It's all about death by a thousand cuts, and repeated body blows- rather than haymaker knockout punches like BB's.  (sorry, been watching a lot of UFC, MMA. kick boxing, and Muy Thai on youtube lately, lol)   Get close, and let your secondaries slap them around and get them burning- then aim for the same places you shoot at with CA AP.   PEF sucks just as bad as any other German BB at the long range game- but due to $hitty penetration, rather than horribad accuracy.

If you want to play a horrible tier 6 premium- one WG should be ashamed to have charged real money for- play the West Virginia 41'...  It literally HAS no good points, except 16" guns at tier 6- which are so heavily nerfed you're lucky to hit anything.   If any ship can make someone rage quit out of sheer frustration, this is it.

[O_O]
Members
6,776 posts
16,221 battles
1 hour ago, db4100 said:

and if you are put into a game with T8s, just log out back to port and just take the pink penalty

1 hour ago, db4100 said:

Prinz Eitel Fredrich sucks - worst premium ship I ever bought...This ship sucks even in CO-OP.

I really hope you don't AFK on purpose and screw your team over, just because you can't man up and do your best with a challenging ship.

It is too bad you regret your purchase.  Because you have played her, however, you will have no luck attempting to get your money back.  The rules on refunding premium ship purchases are black-and-white clear.

I have chosen to earn her for free...I guess it was a good decision.

1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Kamikaze R:  *knock knock*  "Remember me?"

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
1,186 posts
7 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I think PEF is fun to play.   It just fits my playstyle, I guess.   Also, I don't expect much out of tier 6 ships- esp tier 6 BB's...  It IS a battlecruiser, not a real BB.   It's all about death by a thousand cuts, and repeated body blows- rather than haymaker knockout punches like BB's.  (sorry, been watching a lot of UFC, MMA. kick boxing, and Muy Thai on youtube lately, lol)   Get close, and let your secondaries slap them around and get them burning- then aim for the same places you shoot at with CA AP.   PEF sucks just as bad as any other German BB at the long range game- but due to $hitty penetration, rather than horribad accuracy.

If you want to play a horrible tier 6 premium- one WG should be ashamed to have charged real money for- play the West Virginia 41'...  It literally HAS no good points, except 16" guns at tier 6- which are so heavily nerfed you're lucky to hit anything.   If any ship can make someone rage quit out of sheer frustration, this is it.

West Virginia if one of my favorites, and I do well with her.  Being raised in WV, I am a little biased.
If I want to do death by 1000 cuts, I will play a cruiser.  The PEF can't punish anyone whom gives you a full broadside, at any range.....sad.

5 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I really hope you don't AFK on purpose and screw your team over, just because you can't man up and do your best with a challenging ship.

It is too bad you regret your purchase.  Because you have played her, however, you will have no luck attempting to get your money back.  The rules on refunding premium ship purchases are black-and-white clear.

I have chosen to earn her for free...I guess it was a good decision.

Kamikaze R:  *knock knock*  "Remember me?"

Nah, I don't AFK when dealt a crappy hand.  I was just putting a little bit of dark sarcasm in my rant.

• Cool 1

Members
832 posts
25,106 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Only one that was any good was the Graf Spee 

I consider the Vampire and Kamikaze R to have been nice reward ships from past contests.  But if you are referring to Christmas ships only...then I am afraid your point is well made. Cheers.

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,997 battles
1 hour ago, db4100 said:

Interesting.  Do you play German battleships much, because I've found it a similar experience.  At T6, Bayern is tanky with overall meh secondaries and AA and only moderate speed.  PEF offers less armour for more speed and good AA and secondaries - its how premiums should be.  Not overpowered, not useless, but offering a different perspective/playstyle to the tech tree line.  

Sure, its guns could benefit from a bit more hitting power, but ultimately its main targets are cruisers and you dont shatter on those, even up tiered.  

Learn how to play to its strengths - just like all other low tiered battleships, dont go alone agains the enemy - join the lemming train and help where you can, and you team decided whether you win or lose.  Its when you're top tier that you have a lot more control - and I've blapped a few Omahas in mine already. 

Good luck.  

• Cool 2